April 2022 Moms

UO Thursday - after dark edition

Guys, we have to be less boring. This is insane.

Give me your unpopular AFTER DARK opinion. 

Re: UO Thursday - after dark edition

• I hate shower sex. I wish I could enjoy it but I hate it. 
  • @aloha_mama shower sex is the worst. Maybe it would be fine if you had like a baller shower with multiple shower heads or something? But in just a regular shower it's awful. I also just don't like standing sex in general, and I don't know who it is good for because DH is only 4 inches taller than me, and I can't imagine a larger height difference would improve it. 

Mine is I hate music or really any kind of sound (like background TV) during sex. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212 DH is a full foot taller than me so I always thought that was our issue, but apparently not! I just hate the water spraying into my face and being constantly afraid of falling and having to explain to paramedics what happened. 

Also no to the background noise, I just can’t. We’ve tried music before and it’s a no from me. I wish I could be more adventurous and creative but hey, if something works I’m not going to try to fix it. 
  • @aloha_mama I've never tried it, but the concept just doesn't appeal to me. My first thought is always "that seems dangerous and uncomfortable." Second thought is "my shower is not very clean." That said, showering together before or after can be nice.

@doxiemoxie212 I sometimes like music depending on my mood, but it's always like chill jazz or spa music, not like "sexy" music (whatever that would mean, I don't even know). If one or both of us is feeling nervous or distracted, it can help us get out of our own heads a bit. Also our apartment is on a busy street and above a business, so sometimes a little background music kind of covers up those noises, which can otherwise really kill the mood sometimes. But background TV? Definitely not.

I'll have to think about what mine is...
    Me: 30 // Hubs: 31
    Married May 2019
    Baby #1 due April 19, 2022
  • @missa_lyssa any kind of music prevents me from orgasming. I really have to concentrate to orgasm so really any noise, and it's not going to happen. I also hate showering with DH. It always results in me being cold because he loves water so much he cannot share. DD3 asks to shower with him all the time, and she kicks him out after 2 minutes too lololol because he's too much of a water hog. 
  • So funny how different we can all be! We love to shower together. Our last house had 2 shower heads so that made it really nice, but now we just try to share the warm water. It's a really good distraction free time we can find to talk. I think bottom line that means we aren't very good at cutting out time to just be together. But whatever! haha 

We also do occasionally go for the shower sex. Typically it's just quickie for us and I like it for easy cleanup.
  • My UO - after dark....I loathe any sort of anal play. My husband loves it but its such a turn off for me which makes it hard to find a happy medium for us. I also think oral is gross, but luckily DH doesn't mind.
  • amys614amys614 member
    edited November 2021
    I don't care for doggystyle. It does nothing for me. Touching my gspot only makes me feel like I need to pee. He likes it, so I go with it, but I could 100% do without. I guess it makes me feel sexy, but does nothing for me sexually.

I don't particularly love shower sex or much noise either. I can handle music if its low, but not other distractions. No way to a tv being on.

ETA: hard no to anal too 😆 I sound super fun
  • I love pregnancy sex. Maybe I don’t love it at much come 35 weeks but right now I have so much blood flow down there and my hormones rage and my dreams are super vivid and I feel like a sexy goddess
  • @Blondesweety444 I also dislike oral-but on myself. I'll give BJ's til the cows come home. I feel like my vagina has a strong smell, which H swears is not the case, but it just isn't my cup of tea. My H also really enjoys anal so after 13 years we did it (I've done it with other people, hence knowing I dislike it) and maybe TMI but it took three separate tries because he said, "i looked uncomfortable" so he couldn't get off. Um, I do not like it, which you know! Of course its uncomfortable. 

I also hate shower sex. I need extra crazy hot water in the shower, and I also want to be under the water. I don't even want to share a shower-because then I have to share the extra hot water, or compromise on the water temp (H does not want his skin boiling off). 

@doxiemoxie212 I also have to concentrate to orgasm-I can have zero distractions. 

I guess my UO is I feel like I have no idea what I am doing in any on top position, so they make me nervous and then by extension I don't enjoy it. H likes to switch it up and try me on top but, he's on the wider side so my hips are pretty spread and I feel like I can't rock right-anyway. I prefer doggy and variations on missionary with different leg positions.
  • We actually haven't had sex since my pregnancy nausea started around 6-8 weeks, I forget exactly. I also cannot stop doing like EXTRAORDINARILY smelly farts, so I'm not sure it's going to happen again with that going on. It's like I'm a constant sulfur machine. 

We didn't have sex very often last pregnancy either, but toward the end it REALLY HURT to orgasm even just by myself! Like hurt my stomach (not my vag or something)? Like extreme round ligament pain almost?? 

So with that said, I do not like pregnancy sex lol 

I hate blow jobs, and I do not give them. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I think we had sex a total of 2 or 3 times last time I was pregnant which was fine with me.

This time around DH is on testosterone supplements because he has the testosterone levels of an 80 year old man. So I haven't been able to get away with no sexy time this time. I don't particularly enjoy pregnancy sex either. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I have had so little sex drive throughout pregnancy. I think we’ve had sex three times since finding out I was pregnant and none of them were enjoyable for me. My H is being so nice about it, which is good. He’s definitely disappointed though as he had heard that a lot of women have such high sex drives in the second trimester and he was really hoping for that. 

I am on the same page as a lot of you. Shower sex sounds like a great idea but really is not enjoyable for me. Also hard no to anal. I tried it a couple of times with an ex and hated it and don’t want to do it ever again in my life. 
  • Ok ok trying to think of mine!

So I love the idea of wearing something all sultry/sexy and like some tall boots or something but it’s so impractical all the lacy sexy things I’ve come up with end up being awkward to take off. Then when I ask what he thinks he just says “looks better on the floor” and that he prefers me naked anyway, so, like, what’s the point? 

I hate showering together. Whenever it’s his turn under the water I’m cold and the water splashes off of him and onto me at a terrible angle that makes me feel like I’m under a chilly sprinkler. Any kind of water intimacy just feels wrong to me because all the lubrication is gone. ☹️

Not doing too bad in the pregnancy sex department though, so I’ll consider myself less of a prude for that I guess, lol.
  • Yeah, I'm not into shower sex either.  I can do anal SOMETIMES.  I have had pretty great orgasms that way.  I don't really want to do anything anally on him though.  Not into oral sex either.  It just feels like so much more work lol  

I don't have a particularly high sex drive outside of pregnancy or during, but when we do it I do prefer to be on top.  I find it damn near impossible to orgasm in missionary.  Doggy style is fine if I'm not really in the mood because I don't have to engage really- so I don't really seek an orgasm there either.  

I don't know if this is a UO or not, but I really like sex toys.  Vibrating cock rings, etc.  I find them extra helpful if we're trying to be super quick about it.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We love taking showers together, as long as all DH gets to do is grope me a little bit 😂 Just like @Blondesweety444 I feel like DH and I have our best discussions in the shower. DD knows to leave us alone in there because DH hates being naked in front of her. 

We have never tried anal play and hopefully will never, I can’t stand receiving oral or having his face down there and I’m just not into the idea of anything having to do with it.
  • I loved sharing the shower at our old house when we both fit in the shower. Un-distracted conversation and just some time to be together with no other responsibilities. 

I also feel so uncomfortable being on top, I never feel like I can get the rhythm right.
    Receiving oral - I cannot get out of my head so I don't enjoy it. 
  • I also enjoy hanging out in the shower and having shower conversations, although I don't enjoy shower sex either. I think I might enjoy the shower time because I'M the shower hog. haha

Also, I was really expecting (and hoping) to be part of the group that has great sex drive during pregnancy. I am not. I actually really hate it, I feel like everything inside me feels not right and unpleasant and even more so because I always have to pee. And same as @doxiemoxie212, it hurts to orgasm and for awhile after, my stomach feels really crampy and unpleasant.
  • There is no such thing as sexy pregnant lingerie. I feel like that opinion is only unpopular among men, but there it is. I just do not see the point in buying lingerie in a size that makes me cringe this does not make me feel sexy. I can feel like a beach ball naked or in the clothes I already have.