Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 11/8

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What are your kids most excited about for this holiday season?

Re: TFAS w/o 11/8

• Options

What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 (almost 5) boy

Any thoughts about this cycle? Do I dare say - timing was good this cycle. And we got our baseline labs etc. back and nothing worth noting (save for morphology which hasn't come back)

Any questions? Not sure if these questions a directed toward TTC another or about the ones we already have 😂. But does anyone else, when they are feeling optimistic about this process, think about how they will tell their kids they are going to be an older sibling.....while making sure they keep their mouth shut haha? I play out scenarios sometimes and nothing ever works perfectly haha. 

Rant/Rave? Rant: I've been waiting for this thread because I don't feel like I can share "in real life". I had always dreamed of a neighborhood where my kids can go play with neighbors and there are summer pool hangs and the neighbor has kids similar in age and they'll babysit. I've always dreamed of the "village" that everyone tells us it takes to raise kids. But I don't have that. We moved 2 hours away from family which was hard. It also meant we gave up frequent (and free and trustworthy) babysitters, seeing cousins' sports games, overnights with grandparents without a huge trip. It is lonely and isolating out here. We have good neighbors but we don't know them well yet. Our son has great friends at preschool but they are all going separate ways next year. I'm just longing for a tribe and I'm mourning the fact that I will probably never have it. My best friend just had a baby and I haven't even met her yet ugh. 

GTKY: What are your kids most excited about for this holiday season? Honestly, our kid is exciting for anything "new" and a change haha, I remember when it was the first day of Spring, he shot out of bed before us and ran to our window expecting the snow to be gone and trees in full bloom haha. I'd say he's mostly excited for the presents haha but the little milestones along the way are exciting for him too - putting up the tree, watching The Grinch - all that jazz. 
  • Options

@jellie603 I feel you so hard on the rant. I am one that doesn't have many friends in general, but especially so after having a kid. I had four bridesmaids in my wedding, and only one (who happens to be my cousin) has even met my son and he just turned three. Just becoming a mom is lonely and isolating, never mind when you don't have close people you feel you can lean on. 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4/4AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am still wishing we had better timing. I really just wish this TWW would be over so that I can find out if I will be drinking on vacation. I am also hoping that if AF does come, that it is gone by the time I leave so I don't have to deal with that as well. 

Any questions? Nada

Rant/Rave? We are potty trained!! DS just decided last week that he was done and only wants to use the potty. It all happened so fast but he is doing so well! He also had a super cute moment this weekend. DH brought him to the grocery store and I stayed home to straighten my hair. When they came back, he had to use the potty so he burst into the bathroom and when I got down to help him, he gently rubbed my hair and goes "pretty!" it melted my heart!!

GTKY: What are your kids most excited about for this holiday season? He is slightly understanding Santa and presents so he is excited for that. I am just looking forward to making more memories with our family! Thankfully more things will be open this year for us to enjoy!  
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@jellie603 i'm sorry! my parents basically relocated full time to their vacation home 2.5 hours away bc of covid, and i have moments it makes me really angry. but, they do a good job of picking a weekend a month to take our daughter. we usually meet them in the middle and hand her off. it gives us a well needed break, could you start calendaring something with your family?

@tessiesmom26 that's amazing about potty training!!! DD's school has started working on it, but it's very intermittent. 

Month/Cycle? 12/ 3AL

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? two in December! wow! 

Any thoughts about this cycle? prob not good timing

Any questions? nada

Rant/Rave? just glad my test is over, a little breathing room until i tackle the next two. honeslty i'm not sad our timing wasn't great this month, with buying the concert tickets and planning a euro trip next year i'd like to not be massively pregnant, just pregnant. lol

GTKY: What are your kids most excited about for this holiday season? well, she's about to be two... i'm not sure... lol. she loved the halloween decor in the neighborhood, so i think she's really going to love the christmas decor. 
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 ugh I am with you on that boat. I was wicked close with my high school friends until maybe like 5 years ago, now I have 1 friend and she's back in NH. I'm sorry we are in the boat together 😭. But omg that is the cutest moment!! What a sweet boy! Did you guys use the Oh Crap! method at all? We loosely did that and he PT'd in 2 weeks when COVID started 1.5 years ago!
    @anniemarie887 our parents would LOVE to make this happen but, unfortunately, we have to wait until he can get vaccinated. His preschool is run through my husband's hospital and DS can't leave the state without quarantining ugh. Where are you going on your trip?? Besides the concert haha
  • Options
    @jellie603 shit, that's right, i'm sorry i forgot! we still have to tell ours she crosses the state line, but as long as positivity stays below 10% it's all kosher. we are going to do Paris on the front end. this will be the 3rd time we've flown to London for Adele - first time we just did a long weekend in London, second time we did London, Bruges and Amsterdam for my 30th. i actually was at Adele's last live show (well for the gen pop, she's doing these fancy invite only tv specials, so jealous!) in 2017 for my 30th, and this will be 5 years to the exact weekend for my 35th. so i joke Adele and i are now celebrating all milestone bdays together. 
  • Options

@jellie603 I completely understand - I live an ocean away from my family. Covid restrictions have been a b*tch. It definitely makes it harder to not have grandparents to hand off to, but it also makes it really nice when we do get together because we're not totally sick of each other. My advice is to do your best to make a tribe where you are. It's not easy, but it's worth it. Some friends of mine who are also immigrants are due with their first baby in two days and I'm like ::shouts:: "Guys, this is not easy having no family around but I am *always* available. Do not hesitate." It will get better for you. ::hugs:: As for telling the kids about a sibling, I haven't thought about it too much. This would be their half-sibling so it's slightly more complicated for me. But I honestly barely remember telling DS about his little sister. I definitely bought him a book about it to prepare him but I don't remember much else.

@tessiesmom26 Congrats on the potty training! That's so exciting. It's such a wonderful milestone.

@anniemarie887 It sounds like you have such a fun trip planned! What a great way to celebrate your birthday. I hope that all the timing works out for you being just the right amount of KU 😂 

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 8 and 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Still in WTO so not too many thoughts, but I am an idiot and so update my theoretical spreadsheet every month when I'm not KU to move potential mat leave planning to the next EDD month. Anyone else as ridiculous as me?

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave? Rant - my son turned into a stroppy little teenager this past weekend. He's 8 but seriously, the attitude and overblown feelings were immense! I am not looking forward to dealing with him when he's actually a teen after this. My poor SO and DD were just like, uh, guys? Could you settle down? DS and I were just on each other's nerves. It's all good, there were just a whole lot of feelings. Rave - they are old enough to be able to talk to like grown humans which is super fun. Like I can explain complicated ideas and they can follow along and participate (to a point). We played family Uno before bath last night and it is exciting to get to this stage of parenting.

GTKY: What are your kids most excited about for this holiday season? I think they're probably most excited to go to California for Christmas to see their family on XHs side. They haven't seen them since Christmas 2019 because of Covid so it's going to be really nice. Plus they get to meet their one-year-old cousin! Other than that it's probably the presents.
  • Options
    What # are you trying for? 1
    Month/cycle? 6/1

Thoughts this cycle? This is my first try. This has been 10 years in the making. I started having queasy spells for over a week. I have not eaten the same thing and switched back to my multivitamin from my prenatal. My period is scheduled for later this week. The wait is killing me. 

Any questions? What does everyone do as they wait to take their test? Do you test once or over multiple days?
  • Options
    smcak said:
    What # are you trying for? 1
    Month/cycle? 6/1

Thoughts this cycle? This is my first try. This has been 10 years in the making. I started having queasy spells for over a week. I have not eaten the same thing and switched back to my multivitamin from my prenatal. My period is scheduled for later this week. The wait is killing me. 

Any questions? What does everyone do as they wait to take their test? Do you test once or over multiple days?
    Hi there @smcak. This is the TFAS = Trying for a Sibling thread. If you want to participate in the regular threads, please read the board rules (pinned at the top), introduce yourself over on the Newbies thread, lurk a bit and join in when you're ready. The TWW (Two Week Wait) is where you would be now. (Also, just a friendly reminder that you're not allowed to ask if you're pregnant, even in a roundabout way just in case that's what you were getting at about being queasy). 
  • Options

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Our timing was good but I wasn’t temping so can’t confirm ovulation actually happened. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? Rant-Time change with a 2 year old, enough said hahaha Rave-had a fabulous weekend seeing family for my sons 2nd birthday on Saturday 

GTKY: What are your kids most excited about for this holiday season? Probably getting to see his grandparents. Too young to understand much else of the holidays. Though he loves his Halloween book and insists on still reading it every night lol

@jellie603 I totally understand how you feel, we live 4-5 hours from our family and it’s hard.  Not sure how I’ll tell my son if we are able to get pregnant again but he probably won’t understand anyway. Yesterday he told me I should have a baby duck so yeah hahaha

@tessiesmom26 congrats on the potty training! That’s so exciting! And the hair comment is so precious my son goes “oooo” when I straighten my hair because it makes it softer and he likes that lol. Fingers crossed for you that you don’t have to deal with AF on vacation, fingers more crossed that you can’t drink either 

@anniemarie887 glad your test is behind you, how long until the next 2?

@Paturkey updating your maternity plan schedule each month sounds exactly like something I would do, in fact just reading your post about it now makes me want to create one lol
  • Options

@jellie603 I have definitely thought about how to share with siblings. *TW- MC* 

Before my miscarriage, I had bought a book to give my DD along with a shirt after our first ultrasound. Obviously didn’t go as planned, but I will likely do something similar if we’re lucky enough to have the chance again.
     I’m sorry you’re feeling so isolated! The pandemic certainly hasn’t helped, but maybe you can find some places to get plugged into your community to start building up your own village? For example, religious organizations (if you’re into that), fitness centers with group classes, even things presumably just for you and not family-focused (like a book club) can help as that is where I met some of my best mom friends. Sending lots of hugs as you all navigate this!

@tessiesmom26 Hooray for potty trained! And for such a sweet DS. 😊

@anniemarie887 Haha, I hope you hit that perfect pregnancy window for the concert!

@Paturkey I am equally ridiculous. Sigh. I’m sorry for the teenage attitude you had to deal with, but the games sound like fun. I can’t wait until DD is old enough to play real games with us!

@kopp5988 Haha, here’s hoping for that baby duck! 😉

Month/Cycle? 3/2 AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m optimistic because of good timing, but that will make the fall that much harder if it doesn’t work out.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? We helped my sister decorate for Christmas last weekend and my DD had so much fun. She had an, erm, unique decorating style, lol. Can’t wait to get our decorations out in a couple weeks!

GTKY: What are your kids most excited about for this holiday season? She is definitely excited about presents and Santa! We’re also working on a list of holiday things to do (make cookies to give away, send someone a card, make a snowman, etc.) so I’m hoping to make sure she doesn’t focus exclusively on the gift aspect of the holidays.

• Options
    You take one day off of work (meaning you don't touch your computer) and this thread gets so active!! I'll pretend I tagged you all 😂. Thank you for the kind words! I have been struggling with this move since we found out it was happening and I miss "home" but I am at least hopeful that we will be able to feel like we belong here soon. And when the pandemic is over (or at least when DS can get vaxd in Feb) we will have more freedom to move about the state!
  • Options
    darkrose88darkrose88 member
    edited November 2021
    @tessiesmom26 congrats on the potty training! It must be so nice not to have to worry about accidents anymore! 

@abjm0325 that's such a good idea to come up with an activity list for Christmas! I may end up stealing that idea to take the focus off of presents for DS too. 

@kopp5988 oh my goodness, yes, the time change has been a struggle with a LO! I'm already dreading when we spring forward. 😬

@Paturkey girl, I so feel you on tracking an EDD so I can time ML. I started a new job at the beginning of July & we specifically held off until this cycle because my EDD was too close to the one year mark for my comfort level. 

@jellie603, ugh that's so tough. I used to live 12 hours (by plane) away from my parents but that was before kids. Sending you positive vibes that things will improve over time. 

@anniemarie887 two is such a fun age for Christmas! DS finally started getting into opening presents around that age.

Month/Cycle? 1/1
    WTO/TWW? WTO
    Ages of other child(ren)? 3 (turns 4 in Jan) boy 
    Any thoughts about this cycle? No real thoughts yet since it is my first cycle trying. 
    Any questions? Nope. 
    Rant/Rave? This week has been exceptionally busy for us for far. Celebrating multiple birthdays, attending a divorce party and a baby shower. Thankfully I get tomorrow off work, which is a nice little breather during the work week. 
    GTKY: What are your kids most excited about for this holiday season?
    Probably the presents and the decorations. DS loves holiday decorations and walking/driving around the neighborhood to look at all the lights.
  • Options
    @darkrose88 A divorce party? What does that entail?
  • Options
    @abjm0325 I've never been to one before, but from what I've been told, it is about celebrating my friend's decision to get a divorce (which was a very hard decision on her part & this is part of her healing process) and helping my friend clear out reminders of her ex (aka taking down photos, packing up his things for storage until he can come get them, etc.). 
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 @anniemarie887 from the TWW discussion, here’s some Disney nail inspo courtesy of DD. I wish I would have gotten it for myself too haha!

• Options
    @bows22 I was thinking about it!! I might on my toes for sure, but most likely not my nails. I'm there for my travel agent conference, so I will be taking tons of pictures to use to social media, so I will want them to look a bit more professional.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22