March 2022 Moms

What is on your "To Buy" list?

Ok, so other than the essentials (like diapers and wipes and creams) what are you actually planning on purchasing this time around? Have you actually started purchasing anything?

Re: What is on your "To Buy" list?

• We need a mini crib (work as bassinet in our room and then to move to share bedroom with her big brother), double stroller, and another chest of drawers. Those are our big purchases and I’m telling myself we don’t need any of them until 3rd tri. So I’m hoping for January sales. 
  • I bought a cute romper for summer but that is the only thing I've purchased so far. I wasn't planning on doing much until January but I am definitely getting the itch to start preparing. The only big thing we need is a bassinet. I want to get a double stroller but that isn't actually a necessity since I can babywear and use the stroller with have for DD. 

I did have a weird wave of anxiety that I need to buy pacifiers asap because there is no way I want to go without 😂. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Haven't bought anything and don't need much, but at some point will get a double stroller (probably with a completion discount). Will also probably get a dresser/changing table but i'm going to see if i can find one on a buy nothing/fb marketplace group as i know this is our last kiddo so i don't need anything too fancy. that's pretttttttty much it that i can think of.
  • @rachelredhead I second the winter/xmas deals! With DD1 (January baby) I took advantage of the black Friday deals for sure! We didn't buy much with her but the deals were great!

All I'm going to buy are clothes...but I'm trying to wait for the sales to start...plus also I need to go through the baby clothes I already have to see what we can reuse. I will definitely reuse anything gender neutral but after 2 girls I'm excited to buy boy clothes. I know I *could* dress him in the girls' old things since he won't know the difference...but I just don't want to 🤷‍♀️

I wasn't planning on buying anything else, but I did buy a new baby monitor...and accessories...on a whim. But since we really don't need anything else for this baby (other than clothes) I don't feel bad about it...:)

• The only bigger items we will need are a car seat (we just got a convertible car seat with DS, didn’t start with an infant seat; plan to do the same this time), a pack n play (my son wore his out!), and a double stroller eventually, though I plan to baby wear so it isn’t urgent. I’ve gone through DS baby clothes up to 9m, and pulled out the gender neutral stuff, but we will definitely need clothes!. Everything else is mostly random or small things like pacifiers, nursing pillow, swaddles, burp cloths. 
  • I definitely need newborn-6 month clothes bc I have them all away or sold them bc I was pretty firm we were one and done 😂 

we also never had a baby swing the first time and I want to get one for this time. Same with a changing table. I just put DS on a changing pad on the floor. Changing table was something I read that I didn’t need on those articles like “what you don’t need to waste your money on” but then I ended up wishing I had one. 
  • I need to buy a twin bassinet, two infant car seats, another baby monitor, and white noise machine. My in-laws are getting us another crib and crib mattress. Fortunately, I am being gifted some baby stuff from friends, so once I can get those, I'll start an inventory of what else is needed. I've only purchased a few new outfits and scheduled a newborn session with our photographer!
  • @morgantu we are doing a lot of secondhand and fb marketplace purchases. I feel like I’m stalking it constantly.

@Panaceia also pulling the sex card and say we need all new cute girl clothes, when in reality 75% of my son’s clothes are neutral 😂 
  • If I type out everything I need I’ll probably overwhelm myself. But big purchases still outstanding are:
    -double stroller (looking at secondhand)
    -monitor
    -bassinet for our bedroom
    -and really want to build out the closet in the nursery as there is zero functional storage.
    Have spread out all the other big purchase over the last couple months to help the budget (car seat, mini crib, mattress, diaper bag, carriers, bouncer) Definitely keeping my eye on all the holiday sales for anything we need.
  • Big things are bassinet and car seat with extra bases. We have so little space, so I'm really trying to plan for what we need and have space for. 
  • We need mostly the big stuff. Crib, dresser, looking a used bob double stroller (to add to the three strollers we already have 🤣). I still have everything from DS (bassinet and I’ll be putting the rocker/recliner in the new nursery). If this kiddo is a girl I’ll just be splurging on a few girlier items to switch out but essentially don’t care about the gender colored stuff- people still call my 15mo DS a cute girl when he’s obviously in “boy” attire 😂(but my mom is dying to have a granddaughter that lives in the area so I doubt I’ll need to get much 🥴)
  • - Fisher Price baby dome (safe sleep space and folds flat to easily be moved room to room or taken in the car!)
    - nursery furniture - crib and double dresser for changing table 
    - possibly another pack and play to have a changing station on each level of our house 
    - double stroller (not urgent, likely will baby wear for the first several months)
    - additional camera for our monitor
    - blackout curtains for our main bedroom and the new nursery 
  • edited November 2021
    We need:
    - A 2 camera monitor
    - Double stroller (I am very pro used strollers....save SO much $$!)
    - new baby bath since my cousin wants hers back 😅. Can't find anything less than $60 though. So... Might not actually bother getting one...
    -A better pump if I can find one available here.

We already have the playpen, jolly jumper, jumparoo, car seat, owlet, swing, bouncer, scale, nursing pillows, basinet, crib, high chair, furniture, multiple baby carriers, bottles (hopefully won't be needed this time) and buckets of hand me down clothes for either gender.

However, if this is a girl, I will definitely be getting some adorable outifts!😅
  • @goldfishcraker There are a couple around 20$ at Babies R Us if you check the site. They're not fancy but they would definitely get the job done:)
  • @Panaceia really?! Why can't I see them? 😢 I can only find the 2 that are $60 on their website! (One of which was on sale for a day last week on Amazon, for $50 but I missed it).
    There's one that's a bath support for $37 but it's just a mesh seat for putting in the regular tub.

Oh I just found another simple on showing for $50 on their site too.

• @goldfishcraker I'll see if I can find it again:) It's REALLY simple but it *should* get the job done...one sec...I'll be back with links:)
  • Again, super simple but could get the job done...and only 20$:) I'll see if I can find something better too.. one sec ...
    https://www.babiesrus.ca/en/Kidiway-Super-Size--Bathtub/E5302809.html

• @goldfishcraker They also have the inflatable baby tubs and the mesh seats on Amazon for 22$ and the angel care ones (significantly better) for 34$ if you don't mind going that high in price:) Ibe more place to look...one sec...
  • @goldfishcraker I have thus one and LOVE it. I've had it for 8 years now and it's still perfect.

https://www.instacart.ca/landing?product_id=22396857&retailer_id=462®ion_id=10778219140&utm_medium=sem_shopping&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_campaign=ad_demand_shopping_rp_can_walmart-canada&utm_content=accountid-9027578958_campaignid-14094428300_adgroupid-125877710377_device-m&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8p2MBhCiARIsADDUFVHDn4qxXzgxmZ4XLeJmxgreRER4d-niYb1AvSsacOz5iRa-E8pvUgsaAuzrEALw_wcB
  • @nursejenn5 That is the one I have and the one I was looking for (just posted it too:) in the 20$ range and I LOVE it!
  • PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited November 2021
    Another Canadian site with the other tub from above...babies r us has it too but it's 32$ there.

https://www.tjskids.com/en/infant-to-toddler-tub-pink-7135.html
  • I just found a ton of used ones on e-bay for under 20$ too if you don't want to buy new:)

Ok...I'll stop looking at tubs now!
  • Our monitor is toast so we just bought a nest cam for the baby room. Will have to try it out and see if it can do the job of a monitor. I am not someone who was obsessed with my monitor to begin with so it should be adequate. 

I definitely need to replace my breast pump - it only pumps one side at a time. Went back to work fast with baby #2 and the one sided pump was a problem. Will be going back to work fast this time too and will need a double pump for sure. 

I have always wanted a mobile for the crib as well - but never picked one up... maybe I can treat myself to one this time. 

Glad I bought a boppy baby lounger before the recall (don't judge) because that is my #1 must have! 
  • @realhousewife519 I love our boppy lounger, too! We never had DS on it unattended and he never napped in it, it was just an awesome place to plop him. We will for sure use it again.