Baby Names

Longer baby boy names

madi29madi29 member
edited November 2021 in Baby Names
Hi friends, I’m trying to name baby number 3 and our first boy. Last name is short, one syllable, and starts with W. Because of this, I’m looking for longer baby boy names, that also have longer nicknames. (Example… even though Benjamin and Christopher are longer names, they get shortened too easily to Ben or Chris!) Thanks for any suggestions! 

Re: Longer baby boy names

• harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited November 2021
    madi29 said:
    Hi friends, I’m trying to name baby number 3 and our first boy. Last name is short, one syllable, and starts with W. Because of this, I’m looking for longer baby boy names, that also have longer nicknames. (Example… even though Benjamin and Christopher are longer names, they get shortened too easily to Ben or Chris!) Older sisters are Eliza and Lydia. Thanks for any suggestions! 
    I always thought the point of a NN was to shorten the longer given name. Hence why its a NN.  

Probably not what you are looking for, but:

Ezekiel - Zeke
    Zachariah- Zach
    Alexander - Alex or Xander
    Vincent- Vince
    Samuel- Sam
    Remington- Remi 
    Charles - Charlie

• Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sullivan - Sully
  • Edward - Eddie
    Michael - Mike
    Richard - Rich
    Jamison - Jay/James
    Jeffery - Jeff 
    George
  • I don't really know many names that have long nicknames but here are some long names that people don't automatically use short nicknames for, that I think go nicely with Lydia and Eliza

Theodore (could be Theo or Teddy but I feel like people don't shorten this one without asking your preference)
    Dominic
    Oliver
    Adrian
    Julian
    Jonathan
    Jeremy