Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 11/1

abjm0325abjm0325 member
edited November 2021 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What are your fun fall or Thanksgiving traditions with your family?

Re: TFAS w/o 11/1

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/2 AL

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

We had good timing, but I'm worried (for absolutely no known reason) that we won't be able to get pregnant again and that we missed our window to add to our family. Probably just being hyper-sensitive today and hopefully will calm down about tomorrow. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave?

DD had a marvelous time trick-or-treating yesterday! She was the cutest little princess and had a ball collecting candy with her grandparents. This morning waking her up for school was rough though! We should have taken a vacation day for our sugar and excitement hangovers. 

We love to do a friendsgiving in addition to Thanksgiving with our families. We didn't do Thanksgiving with anyone last year, so looking forward to hopefully having some small-scale celebrations this fall!

• What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 8, 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I have only have two more cycles which would result in a baby due while I'm still 41.  :# I feel like I can see the window closing but I can't do anything but keep trying. I'm hoping for another early O because it just means I can cram more cycles in per year 😂

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave? My kids have been with their dad for a week and a half for their fall break and I can't wait to see them tomorrow! I miss them so much. I can't believe it's already November and it seems like it will be Christmas before I know it.

I'm American but I've been in the UK for nearly a decade so I don't really do Thanksgiving any more. It's just a normal Thursday here. It makes me a little sad because I used to host and I'd spend two days cooking and I loved it, but it's just inconvenient to cram it in to a normal day. I should probably do something on the weekend... The fall tradition that we've started is we go mushroom hunting. It's a nice day out in the forest and we all like looking around for the mushrooms and this year DS actually found quite a few so that was very satisfying for everyone.

@abjm0325 I'm glad your DD had fun trick or treating! And yeah, Monday morning after Halloween is just brutal. Everyone should have a holiday 😊
  • Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just kind of curious how long it will be. I'm usually around 28-29 days. But the last 3 have gone 32, 27, 34 and I'm very confused haha

Any questions? Eh no not really. 

Rant/Rave? DS had so much fun trick or treating on Sunday! He wanted to be Scooby Doo we MH and I went as Shaggy and Daphne. It poured the entire weekend but we still went out and it was great. 
    DS has been a little bratty lately around screen time - not being able to shut it down and all but demanding we watch Wild Kratts. I implemented a new routine and didn't know how it would go but he has taken to it very well! It now requires chores to be done after dinner before screens go on for everyone and we're all a lot less snippy haha. 

GTKY: What are your fun fall or Thanksgiving traditions with your family? Well..... we are in the process of trying to find new traditions. We moved 2 hours West of our family (to VT from NH) so traveling for holidays is a little harder; have to board the dog, have to stay over somewhere etc. etc. Also, his pre-k is run through the hospital that my husband works at and they have strict COVID policies. DS cannot travel out of state without quarantining for 7 days because he can't be vaccinated yet. 
    Anyway, all that to say - we didn't go anywhere last year and probably won't this year (and save that trip for Christmas). I think we will have our parents over on Not-Thanksgiving. Last year we ordered turkey and stuffing and maple gravy from a local place and then we all picked a side to make, it was great! That might be out new tradition. 
  • @Paturkey Aw man, I hate watching that clock tick by. Definitely made my birthday last month a little more ominous and less exciting. Mushroom hunting sounds fun! Although I don’t actually like eating mushrooms, so then I’d have to send them all to you, haha.

@jellie603 Longer cycles seemingly out of the blue are definitely perplexing. Hopefully your body settles back down into a routine. I think your Not-Thanksgiving sounds like a fabulous idea!

• @abjm0325 Haha, I'll happily take all your mushrooms! The kids didn't want to eat them either so more for us :D 

@jellie603 Cycle length can be so wacky. I just went 31, 24. But my LP was consistent at least. Was yours? If so, then even if O is bopping around you would know when to expect AF afterwards (though of course hopefully no AF). Your Not-Thanksgiving sounds great! My family always summers in VT and I love it so much. I hope you still have some pretty colors happening now.
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 6/5AL

WTO/TWW? Tww/WFAF 

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 & 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? We didn’t really try because of the July edd, it would have been on or around DS2’s birthday which is already shared with my dad. And MH is in July along with 2 of my brother in laws. It would have just been too many so we held off and he mostly pulled out. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? My little kindergartener has brought home every cold known to mankind and I’m so done with it. We’ve been sick for 3 months straight, and just when we start to feel better, a new cold rolls in. I’m literally sick of it. Rave I guess is that he is absolutely loving school and everything it entails. He is just having a blast there.

My family hunts, so that’s something fun we do coming up here pretty soon, although I’m not entirely sure I’ll go this year. I can’t get out as much with 2 kids and I get the lousy hunts. We always did thanksgiving with my family at my family’s cabin except the past few years we’ve done it with mh’s mom, her guy friend, and grandma. It so different and makes me miss why we always did but I suck it up for mh. The past 2 years he’s talked about us doing it on our own but he hunts in the morning so it would be me doing it on my own and that sounds even less fun.

@abjm0325 I feel the exact same way you do. I was ready a year ago and mh wanted to wait and now I feel like ugh. Also, Monday after trick or treating was rough for us too.

@paturkey fall break? Is there a holiday around now in the UK or do they just get quarterly breaks? Mushroom hunting sounds so fun! My dad and grandma so this and my dad keep asking me to go but I haven’t been able to yet. 

@jellie603 I’m having the same issue with screen time and I might steal your idea. My little dude wants the iPod all day and I just say no but it results in a fight and a tantrum. I’m very good at not giving in, but I’d love to avoid the frustrations for him and for me! 
    2 hours, I know the states are small there, but you must be right near the border. I didn't realize interstate travel was still banned in certain circumstances. But that new tradition sounds like it could totally work, and that maple gravy sounds delicious!
  • @abjm0325 I'm glad you all had a great time trick or treating! This was DS's first time going and he loved it too! But boy do I feel you on having the next day off to recoup!
    @Paturkey I have heard of more people by me going out mushroom hunting. I never knew it was a thing. I don't like them either, so more for other people, but it sounds interesting and a little dangerous!
    @jellie603 Hey fellow New Englander! I assumed you were NE from the 603 lol. I'm from MA over here. Your "non-Thanksgiving" sounds nice and I really hope you are able to get to see your family!
    @paytonpedro That stinks that you can't get out and hunt like you used to. It sounds like a great time with family. I also hear you on the kids getting every sickness. DS gets sick almost any time he is near another kid. I am really hoping being at Pre-K will strengthen his immune system. 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4/4AL

WTO/TWW? TWW I believe, Just waiting for one more day of high temps to confirm.  

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? We were not able to try as much as we would have liked due to the big storm that rolled through and staying with my parents for 5 days, but I am hopeful what we did was enough. 

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave? DS started Preschool on Monday! He had so much fun and when he went back today, he walked right in, no hesitation which is awesome! I am so excited for him to go and I am happy that he seems to be really liking it so far! Fingers crossed that it stays that way!

GTKY: What are your fun fall or Thanksgiving traditions with your family? There is a pumpkin patch that we have gone to each year since DS was born, and they have a sign that serves as a measurement of how tall the kids are growing. I look forward to that each fall. We went back in October and DS loved it. I am also looking forward to all the holiday fun that is right around the corner! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @paytonpedro Being sick all the time is the worst! I will say after my DD was in daycare for about 6 months it seemed to level off and we all stayed healthier. 

@tessiesmom26 Yay for loving preschool! And that pumpkin patch sounds like a great tradition.
  • @Paturkey that is awesome that you summer here! Do you still come over from the UK? We are in dead season right now, colors peaked mid October....we got a 3 minute snow flurry yesterday and I all but cried 😂
    @paytonpedro I was kind of surprised when DS didn't put up a fight about no TV/tablet until way later after the school day, but pleasantly surprised for sure! He gets home and has free play until dinner is ready, eat dinner, we all do a small chore (usually he helps fold/put away his laundry, dust, collect recycling, swiffer sweep his room) and by that time it is about 6:15 which means he has about 30 mins of screen time! So definitely worth a shot to see if it works for you. I'm so glad he is loving school though! It is always the best when they tell you all about their little day.
    Yeah, our states are small! We are technically in central VT - we are about 40 mins from West Leb which is right over the boarder. 
    @tessiesmom26 Hello northerner!! We saw more of MA when we lived in NH but not so much anymore haha. Oh my gosh, that pumpkin patch growth chart sounds adorable - how cool is it to look back and see how much they've grown and changed!
  • @tessiesmom26 so glad your little one is loving school so far! It makes it so much easier (but harder on the heart) when they love it so much! We also do a pumpkin patch and I always take a ton of pictures. Looking back on those baby ones there are so bitter sweet! They just grow way too fast.

@abjm0325 ugh I can’t wait!! We’re 3 months in, so hopefully half way there to leveling out. 

@jellie603 that’s a perfect schedule, ours wouldn’t quite work out like that because my husband works late and we eat late. I usually do screen time right after school for 20 minutes in their beds for cool down time. But then it’s just a mad house for 2-3 hours and I have to figure something out. That’s nice that you’re not too far away and if covid is ever over, it wouldn’t be a terrible drive home for the holidays.
  • @paytonpedro There are three terms in the school year here (autumn, spring, summer) with a one-week break during each and two-week breaks between them. So, October, February and May there's a week, and Christmas and Easter there are two weeks. It means school doesn't finish until late July! Only five or six weeks of summer break which really feels too short.
    I am sorry you've been so sick! I think I spent the first five years of parenthood sick because kids are just germ vectors. I hope you can all feel better soon.

@tessiesmom26 That's so wonderful that your DS loved preschool! It's such a nice feeling to see them walk off into school happy.

@jellie603 Yes! Even living in the UK I still return to Vermont for summer with my family. It's my happy place. It was so hard not being able to go in 2020 because of Covid and last summer my partner couldn't come with us because he's Italian and the US still wasn't letting in most non-citizens. I'll introduce him to VT next summer, unless I'm KU and can't fly. I'm sure you're not looking forward to the snow yet but it sounds lovely to me (who won't have to live with it  :D ). I did go up in the winter once and it was so odd to be able to see the lake from the trail I usually hike on because in summer and fall it's blocked by leaves. I just kept walking up the mountain through the snow going "This is so weird! I can see the lake! Am I even on the trail?" It was fun and beautiful.