Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 10/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 10/27

• Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Charting, temping, OPKs, pnv, sex, preliminary testing 

R/R: Halloween is almost here! It is my favorite holiday by far haha. I'm trying to decide on a movie to watch Halloween night. MH and I have actually spent all of October watching the popular franchises (Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th) because we had a debate on how they rank. So now I want to watch one out of the franchises....I've seen them all but that's okay. I'm leaning towards Sinister. Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown will be playing during the day 😂

CS/Q: Called my OB yesterday morning to get my test results. The nurse there answered and I was not thrilled. I don't care for him - he has not personality/customer service/bedside manner. But anyway, he confirmed results were there and he would have the Dr. look at them and one of them would call me back. Haven't herd yet...

• Month/Cycle: 2/2 AL

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, vitamins

R/R: I went to a fitness class last night and I am so sore! Apparently running hasn't been improving the muscles we worked in class, ouch. On the plus side, it is a beautiful, cool fall day! Sipping my coffee (Still hot! For now...) and looking forward to a nice walk outside later. 

CS/Q: OPKs are still low, but trying to think through timing. Realistically we will only get two well-timed days in, so what two days do you prioritize? Do you wait until you get a high or peak OPK? Start earlier and hope you O on time?

@jellie603 That's frustrating about the nurse. I hope you get a call back soon. I haven't watched Hocus Pocus or Halloweentown in years! Might be time to track those down...
  • Loading the player...
  • @abjm0325 both of those are on Disney+ if you have it! As for OPKs, and take what I say with a grain of salt because I am the poster child for noob but, my cycles have been a little wonky and got positives between CD12 and CD20. So I usually DTD the day before I *think* I'll get a + or peak. I'll test that morning and night and go from there. Once it is positive it is as many times as we can manage 😂. But more often than not, I feel like I maybe missed the peak, get a strong positive on a SMU and then we do it that night and so on. 
  • @jellie603 I hope the doctor calls you back soon!

@abjm0325 I've heard differing opinions on whether O-2 or O-1 is best, but if I could get exactly two days in I'd probably try to shoot for O-2 and O, personally. I also track cm, but my cm tends to be fertile before my OPK. I also get a darkening line the day before my peak line, so I guess ideally I'd do OPKs multiple times a day and have sex when they start getting darker, and then within 12 hoursish of peak. It really depends on the individual person though with how long or short your surge tends to be.

Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: Taking a sick day from school because I've got a grumpy stomach and tossed and turned all night. The high winds all night probably didn't help. Also in a bad mood because **TW** I open Facebook for the first time in who knows how long and the first post I see is a college friend's pregnancy announcement **end TW**. I'd drown my bad mood in sweets except I can't because grumpy stomach. So instead I'm going to drown them in my sewing machine.

CS/Q: not been good at temping this month. maybe some of it is driven by feeling weird because we have the RE appointment next week, I don't know.

• @fantasyflyte and @jellie603 Thanks for the input! I know it's all kind of a crapshoot, but it's nice to have some other opinions. 

@fantasyflyte I'm sorry about the social media gut punch (and the grumpy stomach). I hope you can lose yourself in sewing for awhile.
  • starkettestarkette member
    edited October 2021
    Month/Cycle: Guess I'm back at 1... ***TW*** just had an early loss and trying to wait for my body to have it's first period after it happened. ***End TW***

CD: uncertain, in limbo

WAYDTGKU: OPKs but they aren't reliable yet since ***TW*** I still have HCG in my system. Doing another blood test on Monday. Hopefully it'll be almost gone. It's been a week since I found out about my loss, but probably two weeks since it happened. ***End TW***

R/R: Well....been reading and resting when I can. With Halloween coming up, my parents are coming to visit ***TW*** so they can go out with my daughter. We have a trunk or treat at her school tomorrow. She's 8. ***End TW***

CS/Q: It's kind of weird being here, I was just in the June 2022 group and now....starting over. Hope this is okay. I read the rules before posting, I don't want to say the wrong things.
  • Hi @starkette and welcome!

We'd love to have you write up an intro post in our Newbie thread found here:
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12763090/newbie-intros-w-o-10-25#latest

We also have a TTCAL thread if you need support after loss. Found here:
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12763102/ttcal-w-o-10-25#latest

Generally we try not to mention LC in the daily WTO and TWW threads unless it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. There is a TFAS (trying for a sibling) thread that sometimes gets created, but not consistently. There you can talk all about your LOs freely. Brief mentions with a TW like you did is fine.

Take whatever time you need to get a feel for the board and join in the conversation when you can!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause