3rd Trimester

Rsv in pregnancy

All 4 of my toddlers have come down with RSV.
I had to take my oldest son to the emergency room because he was having trouble breathing and that is how I got the diagnosis. The nurse assured me that because I am an adult  I could not get RSV . However I woke up feeling sick. Has anyone heard of a pregnant woman getting RSV? I am 32 weeks and currently very worried .

Re: Rsv in pregnancy

• All 4 of my toddlers have come down with RSV.
    I had to take my oldest son to the emergency room because he was having trouble breathing and that is how I got the diagnosis. The nurse assured me that because I am an adult  I could not get RSV . However I woke up feeling sick. Has anyone heard of a pregnant woman getting RSV? I am 32 weeks and currently very worried .
    I’m pretty sure adults can get RSV, but it’s milder than it is in infants or older adults and is more like a bad cold.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Adults can get RSV, happens all the time. But in adults it’s usually a bad cold. My son had RSV at the beginning of my second trimester and I got sick, too, and assume I had it, too. It was a miserable cold but that was it.

I’m sorry your family is all sick. If you feel ill I’d rest, hydrate, take pregnancy safe meds as needed, and call your OB if you get worried.