How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check-in w/o 10/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 19 / 13w+6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing for two more weeks.

How are you feeling? Mostly good, but very tired! I get up at 6 to spend some time with hubs before he leaves for work, and then go back to bed for a couple hours. (I freelance from home and am between jobs, so I’m grateful to be able to sleep in!)

Still having occasional queasiness, but not too bad. And my back is gradually getting better after a minor injury last week.

Raves: I feel like my little bump is finally here to stay! For a while it kind of fluctuated day to day (probably depending on bloating and how recently I had eaten, lol). Some mornings I would think, I don’t even look pregnant today! But today, even when I suck in my belly, the bump is still there a little bit!

I’ve also been feeling the occasional flutter, although I’m not positive it’s the baby… Could just as easily be my own muscles twitching.

Excited that today is my last day in the first trimester!!!
    Me: 30 // Hubs: 31
    Married May 2019
    Baby #1 due April 19, 2022
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: April 9 / 15 Weeks + 3 days

Upcoming Appointments: November 4th

How are you feeling?: I’ve definitely had more energy, and less nausea! 🙌 However, the food aversions are still a beast. I’m still extremely limited in what my stomach will allow me to eat. I gagged on a fleck of cracked pepper in my cous cous for lunch today (black pepper of all things has been the WORST). Last week I had on and off headaches and Friday it was absolutely throbbing. 😓 Laying down for the evening and sleeping it off that night did the trick— I guess my body was just telling me it needed more rest!

Rants/Raves: My registry is kicking my butt. How does a baby possibly need so many items?? Just clothing him seems like such a huge feat!

Questions: Am I insane for having 163 items on my baby registry already? And I still have more items to add. 😅 Is that excessive?? We have Christmas and both our birthdays before baby comes so hopefully that will help. We decided to put on all clothing for the first 6 months or so too because if someone gets them for us, great, and if not, we’ll use the completion discount to get them ourselves. Is anyone else in this ballpark?

• Options
    @minnie_yoga_mama no one bought anything off our registry, but I bought off our registry because most stores will give you a completion discount or bonus to use to complete your registry so I still think it's worth treating a registry like your own shopping list. 
  • Options
    @aloha_mama omg camping on the beach sound so amazing!! I hope you have an amazing time. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    Oh yes @monstera13 I like that idea!
  • Options
    I agree not to register for clothes. You get them no matter what and you can get then fairly cheap when you need to.
    What helped with my registry was I had a very thorough friend who had a kid a few months before me and I asked what what recommended and she sent me a list and why she loves it. She was right about all of it.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 4/18 - 14 weeks 2 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until November 

How are you feeling?: still waiting for all of the first trimester ickiness to be gone all the time.

Rants/Raves: my aost 3 year old son got sick this weekend, luckily it wasn't covid but doing with a sick toddler who in turn gets you sick is exhausting. He's back to moral today but I'm still recovering lol

Questions: None at the moment
  • Options
    I actually would say you should register for at least one set of clothes in the hopes that people could at least see what your style is, but no more than that.
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 4/1 16+5

FTM/STM/TTM+: these will be 4 and 5

Upcoming Appointments: midwife Tuesday

How are you feeling?: Much better overall. Even though I’m past the initial drop-dead fatigue, I still need a lot of rest and tire much more quickly than normal— or than I did in previous pregnancies.

Rants/Raves: DH and I just got back from our anniversary/baby moon trip in the Smoky Mountains. It was really nice and we enjoyed it, and the kids had a great time without us. But when we got back home this evening the transition was REAL. Whew. Glad they’re all asleep now. 

Questions: nope
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 15+2

Upcoming Appointments: November

How are you feeling?: feeling ok. Still struggling to eat but needing to eat more

Rants/Raves: I’m honestly an emotional mess this week. Spoilering because this got long and ranty

I submitted a big section of my dissertation and I’m not really sure how to take the feedback, which is sending me into a tailspin. I’m talking to my advisor tomorrow so I’m hoping that helps. I always thought that I would finish my dissertation, get my degree, and move onto another career. Now, I’m feeling so inadequate that I feel like I definitely want to go back to teaching next year, but that feels like a waste of this year. Ugh! It’s way too early to make decisions like these, but it’s all I can think about right now. 

Questions:
  • Options
    bluecampanulabluecampanula member
    edited October 2021
    @fameonmain2 Aww, I hope your talk with your advisor will be really helpful and encouraging. That’s a big emotional step and decision even without pregnancy hormones. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 3rd week of April, 14 weeks or so

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM, Team Green

Upcoming Appointments: November 3! November is almost here!

How are you feeling?: Sooooooo tiredddddd. I think I skated through 1st Tri without too much fatigue, but it’s all caught up to me now. Like all of it at once. 

Rants/Raves: I was looking at the calendar and realized it’s almost time for my next appt and was super excited, until I realized it’s telehealth. So there will be like nothing to it. But at least after that, it’ll almost be time for the anatomy scan. We’re moving along!

Questions:
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 Dissertation edits are the worse!! I definitely don’t miss that. Remind me what field you’re in?? 
  • Options
    @fameonmain2, sending you good vibes! It always seems worse than it is while you are living through it. Imposter syndrome is real, it has been almost 10 years since I got my graduate degree and I still feel inadequate sometimes. It will work out and furthering your education is always an invaluable thing! Looking forward to hearing about your meeting tomorrow!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited October 2021
    @fameonmain2 hope your advisor meeting goes well and you gain clarity on the feedback! 

@bluecampanula I'm ready for my fatigue to be done too! It's all I can do to get the dishwasher loaded. Hopefully it disappears quickly!

ETA my own check in:

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 13 weeks tomorrow!

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: Nov 19

How are you feeling?: Gross. I'm nauseous and still having food aversions. I thought I'd turned a corner but I think the weird switch between warm and cold weather here is making my sinuses act up, which might be affecting my nausea?

Rants/Raves: Dr is not helping with my Sudafed confusion. Internet says no til 2nd tri. Pharmacist says yes, but half the dose with double the time between. Dr responded to my Sudafed specific question with a badly formatted list of things I can take throughout the entire pregnancy, with notes about specific ones. The formatting was so bad I can't tell if the "limited only after 24 weeks" goes with Sudafed or not. Like, just tell me yes or no on this one. Single. Med. Rave: my son has managed to escape being a close contact through 3 separate rounds of covid cases and contact tracing at his school, which now has 6 active cases and is still open.

Questions:
  • Options
    @SmashJam With all the confusion and gray areas around Sudafed use during pregnancy I would say your safest option is to stay away from it 😬
  • Options
    @bluecampanula thank you <3 I hate telehealth so much! Are things still very restricted where you are? Or is this common for non-ultrasound appts?

@monstera13 I'm in education! But my dissertation has a historical focus so I do a lot of archival research.

@queenklau thank you <3 I already feel a little better today, I talked to someone else on my committee last night and it seemed like I was close on this draft, so hopefully that's a good sign for my conversation later today!

@smashjam thanks! And so glad your son has escaped being a close contact. My nephew's elementary class had half out due to testing positive but luckily he did not. It was a week of serious anxiety though waiting for his test to come back every day!
  • Options
    @fameonmain2 yes and no? I have a really hard time telling how we stack up to other regions. There are the cdc/federal/state/county rules and guidelines - but then individual organizations frequently take things further. 

The main OB/CNM group associated with the hospital is doing all in person visits. I opted for individual dr midwives I’ve used before, but they are doing every other visit by telehealth as an extra precaution. I made the decision knowing this part would annoy me, but went for familiarity, mainly. 
  • Options
    @bluecampanula ahh I see. I know, it gets hard to keep track of who’s following what guidelines! 
  • Options
    @SmashJam pharmacist here  :)  There are no well controlled studies in pregnant women using sudafed. Mostly retrospective and interview style, self reported data. They show a small increase in risk for certain defects like gastroschisis when taken in 1st tri, but no other variables were accounted for such as dose, longevity, smoking, etc. That being said, I typically recommend waiting until 2nd and 3rd trimester if you can wait it out. Also though, I took Sudafed 4x before flights in my first trimester with DS3. I know that's not super helpful or definitive but its unfortunately a "We dont know. Weigh risk vs benefit" type situation. If I was totally miserable, I'd take the lowest effective dose for the shortest amount of time possible.