April 2022 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Diaper Bags

Now that we've discussed diapers and wipes, what did you/do you use to haul it all around with you?

Share your thoughts on all things diaper bags and toting around baby/kid stuff. 

Product Spotlight Spreadsheet

TTC#1 10/2016
TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

Re: Product Spotlight: Diaper Bags

• Options
    I guess it's not available anymore, but we got the DadGear backpack after trying some more traditional diaper bag styles, and I loooove it. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O1SLSI?ref=em_1p_0_ti&ref_=pe_807140_363580780

The main thing I loved most was that it had a built in wipes container. Having them kind of tethered within the bag makes pulling them a much more one-handed option, something really necessary if you have a wiggly freaking out baby covered head to toe in a blow out on an airplane. I would put the backpack on my front and then I had everything I needed in front of me. 

But we also lived DD3's first 5 months in NYC, traveling on planes a lot, no car, etc. I probably would have had a different preference if I could store things in a car or if we were never getting on planes, etc. But DD3 went on like 7 flights and a few road trips before she was 6mo. What a different world lol
  • Options
    The one we used was super basic gray, maybe SkipHop brand?  It was hot to wear but it did the trick.  Backpack style.  NOW I want something cute and fashionable.  Like leather or something.  I'm having a girl this time so I want to be girly.  Maybe she'll help up my fashion game.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a shoulder skip hop bag with DS5. But it is so awkward carrying a diaper bag off your shoulder and also trying to carry the baby carrier. So this time I'm definitely going with a backpack.

I'm wanting to get something a little cuter like this:
    https://freshlypicked.com/collections/the-diaper-bag-by-freshly-picked 

But if I do that, then I'll have to get a second bag that DH would be willing to carry around if needed. We might still have our old one, but I'll have to dig through my storage of baby supplies.
  • Options
    @Blondesweety444 Yep that is exactly the type I like!  So cute
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Last time we got a Colombia over the shoulder bag but used it as cross body. It was fine. But I vasolate. I will buy a back pack but that's for my pump storage for work. Last time I rented a Medela hospital grade pump from the hospital and it was great but it was way heavier than a standard pump. The hard case and continual carrying slowly destroyed my wrist. I ended up needing surgery when my DD5 was 3 because I work with my hands and I couldn't even type. I might just have a pump backpack and do a small insert for dipers and wipes in my purse. Then again buying one bag might as well get two. The old one was recommissioned into a disc golf bag and I just don't see it coming back from that. Anyone store their pumps with backpacks?
  • Options
    @rbflei I had a hospital grade pump but I left that one at home. I can’t imagine carrying it around all day! Kudos! I just used a portable Madela and then used the hospital grade at home which was most of the time anyways. I’m not sure what I’ll do this time, but probably a backpack of some sort.
  • Options
    @rbflei my pump bag was a huge purse that I had over the shoulder because my work bag was a backpack. I had the spectra and it worked well but I'm thinking my pump bag this time will be a backpack that I can do my work laptop in so it's all in one and easier.
  • Options
    @rbflei My Medela came in a shoulder bag but I never took it anywhere when I had DD with me since I would only pump when we were separated, like when I was at work. I did keep a small manual Medela pump in my diaper bag just in case.
  • Options
    @rbflei I had a sarah wells pump bag that can be a shoulder bag or backpack. It had a compartment for the pump and then a larger section for other supplies, it could definitely have been used as a diaper bag too. 

Our diaper bag is from blue kiwi (link below). We wanted something we were both comfortable carrying (physically, so a backpack was best.) I like that this doesn’t look like a “diaper bag” and it has lots of compartments. DS is 2 and we still use it for day/weekend trips. 

We also both keep a small bag with about 4 diapers and some wipes in our cars. That way if we’re out without a diaper bag or have an emergency we always have diapers with us. 

I have the oxo travel wipes container, but the wipes dry out if you don’t use them quickly enough. 

http://bluekiwidesigns.com/home/34-haka-backpack-limited-edition.html

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked"