Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 10/23&24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: WTO Weekend 10/23&24

• Month/Cycle: 5/5AL

CD: 15 (already?!)

WAYDTGKU: ntnp, & bbt to track lp

R/R: I had my first day at our other office today and it wasn’t terrible. I survived. But it was chaotic and loud, which threw me off a little and gave me a headache. After work, my SIL and I, and one of our co workers, went to lunch. So that was really nice. Why can’t I remember that arugula comes in Panera’s Mediterranean grain bowl? Ugh it’s so gross. Lol (that may be my OU). We’re having a game night at our house tonight with a few of my cousins and I’m so excited!! 

CS/Q: Y’all. I just don’t know. Like what is it doing???

• @paytonpedro lol, our charts are the worst. But it seems like you're still headed in a downward trajectory pre-O! Me, I don't even know where I should be posting today which is why I've not really posted. I feel like... I know (or do I?) that i've ovulated, and should be over in the TWW now. But my temperature today was... exactly the same as yesterday's? which means I've not gotten my post-O spike, and that is almost starting to weird me out enough to second-guess myself. Like what the heck is this anyway? Am i in an anovulatory cycle? if so, what was up with the clear LH surge? And the painful ovulation sensations two days ago?

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • @optimistgardener dang. Well I’m glad you’re here with me this cycle!!

I think you can have an LH surge and not actually ovulate. Are you still testing? I should have figured this would happen for me because I’m not using opks. 😑 so much for not stressing this cycle.
  • edited October 2021
    @paytonpedro i'm not testing any more. i had two days in a row of test lines that were darker than the control, which is about as vigorous an LH surge as i ever get. i've never had an LH surge that hasn't, within a couple of days, translated into higher temps. but i guess there's a first time for everything! if it was indeed a "tried/failed" effort, i'm just going to have to give up on this cycle as i'm not going to bother my donor again even if i do have another surge. I did read, though, that melatonin can drive down BBT, and since i only just started it less than a week ago and since this week has also been a complete sh*tshow when it comes to actually getting sleep according to a normal pattern, i'm just holding out hope that the combined chaos is to blame but that I did, somewhere behind all the weird temps, get a follicle rupture.
    So sorry you're stressing about this cycle! I can imagine that a "ntnp" approach that you're still kinda-sorta hoping will result in something would actually make for a fairly stressful situation. The closest experience i have to that are some of my earliest TTGP efforts, back when I was kinda-sorta trying to have an oopsy with an ex-boyfriend. he would always be suspicious of me like, "uh, why the urgency, are you ovulating or something, because..." me: "nooooo...?" and then i would watch the remainder of my cycle like a hawk.
    History
  • @optimistgardener every day I get on here and (for both of us) I’m hoping to see that shift. Lol. Hoping all those various outside circumstances are what’s affecting your temps and it does what it’s supposed to soon. It’s such a pain in the but. As much as I like tracking bbt (because I’m a control freak) it’s so hard because it’s always hindsight.
    I for sure would be thrilled to be ku’ed this cycle but it would make July an even trickier month when it comes to b-days. We just have way to many and doubles already. So we both kind of decided to obviously not try. But I definitely still find myself hoping it’s happened/ will happen. 
  • Month/Cycle: 5/5AL

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: ntnp, & bbt to track lp

R/R: we had to much fun for our game night last night! It was so nice to get together and laugh so much! We played Bad People which is raunchy as hell, and What do you meme? Lol. Nothing planned for today except cleaning up and cooking dinner together.

CS/Q: well I had drinks last night, which always affect my temps, but I also could have ovulated yesterday. 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️ Pretty dramatic though and I’ll probably discard it. 

• History
  • @paytonpedro oooh, game night sounds fun!

@optimistgardener sorry your cycle is being wonky.

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: all the usual 

R/R: I have weird feelings today. Spolier because TW for other person's pregnancy. 

My sister's baby shower is today. I'm happy for her and I've been enjoying making gifts, but it's really hard to see everyone fawning over her ultrasound pictures and stuff.

CS/Q: nah, not too interesting yet.

• @fantasyflyte I’m sorry you’re having to deal with this today. Take care of yourself and let yourself feel all the feelings that are surfacing. Maybe make it’s a point to do something today or this week that you couldn’t if you were ku’ed. Have a glass of wine or some sushi?