April 2022 Moms

Pregnant and not with father

Hi guys, 
I am reaching out maybe to hear some similar stories or at least some advice or words of encouragement. Long story short, I was dating a guy for only a few months and I got pregnant, just to find out he was abusive to his ex girlfriend after some digging because I started seeing red flags with him. We are no longer together but I am having this baby. I haven’t really heard from him other than my ultrasound. Now, before this relationship started I had a one night stand with my ex who I’ve known and been with for 8 years whom I already have a 5 year old daughter with. We are talking about seriously working things out between us and he is okay with my pregnancy and wants to be there for me and the baby and our daughter. I guess I just feel a sense of shame for getting pregnant by someone else I barely even knew, though I do love my baby and I’m very excited to meet him/her. Is anyone here pregnant and not with the father of their baby? Or at least have some wise words or words of encouragement for me? Obviously this is a very stressful time :/ 

Re: Pregnant and not with father

• @tallamak000 I can't speak to not being with the father but people do it all the time and do a marvelous job. I think it's not so much about how you got here but where you are going next. You have a lot of good things ahead. Lamenting about the past won't change today and isn't really helpful for tomorrow. Enjoy what's there to enjoy. You have an awesome adventure coming and people who know and love you and your children on your side. That's a lot of good momentum. It sounds like you have been honest with everyone along the way and everyone is still there sharing support. Lean in. Take a deep breath let go of the past you can't change and take a big step forward. Hope all goes well. I'll be pulling for you and your family. Wish I could be of more help. If you want to join our group for more support you may want to post in our established forums next time. This probably would go in the great big question thread. You will just get more responses next time. We are a nice group and also set in our ways since we all have been posting together for several weeks now. Hope you stay with us.
  • Thank you for your kind words!! So sorry, I will look for that thread and post in there for now on!! I didn’t mean to break any rules! Thank you again 🥺
  • Loading the player...
  • @tallamak000 Don't stress to much about it. Hope I see you in the weekly updates!