May 2022 Moms

PGAL Check In 10/21

How far along are you? Any milestones passed?

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY- sticking with the Halloween theme 🎃 what's your favorite Halloween movie? 

Re: PGAL Check In 10/21

• How far along are you? Any milestones passed? 12w1d 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? My boobs didn't hurt as much yesterday, which made me anxious even though I had bad food aversions/gagging and was SO emotional all day. Sore boobs were the biggest symptom I had with my MC and the day after I started spotting they stopped hurting, so it was a little triggering. They of course hurt again today and I'm nearing the second trimester so symptoms will start to fade just need to mentally prepare for that.

Any upcoming appointments? I did book an US on 10/27 at one of those boutique places since I haven't had one since 6w and my next one isn't until 20w I feel like this is a nice holdover between then! 

GTKY- sticking with the Halloween theme 🎃 what's your favorite Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus! My friends and I dressed up as the Sanderson Sisters a couple of years in a row and won some costume contests, so it holds a special place in my heart. 
  • How far along are you? Any milestones passed? 9w3d- 5w+ was my loss

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I started Reglan for nausea and it’s actually helping a little so that’s great! Still taking omeprazole too. Still constipated 🙄. Also, I bought a doppler secondhand and it’s supposed to get here Monday. I think that will help my anxiety until I feel consistent movement.

Any upcoming appointments? Next week

GTKY- sticking with the Halloween theme 🎃 what's your favorite Halloween movie? I don’t really have one...don’t hate on me too bad 🤣
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? Any milestones passed? 10+4, my loss was at 7+1

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Tired 😴 I'm probably going to be anxious all next week leading up to my appointment, and I hope they don't try the doppler and just do straight to the US because that was so stressful last time ! Nausea is getting better in the morning but still rough in th afternoon.

Any upcoming appointments? Next Friday

Uhh...not a huge Halloween fan lol. But I guess as I kid I like the Halloweentown movies a little? 

@karisahamdi don't worry, your boobs will be sore again by 3rd trimester and bras will be extremely uncomfortable 😂
  • How far along are you? Any milestones passed? 10+3, both my losses were before 7 wks

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Doing okay, feeling a little anxious and also possibly low grade depressed but I'm gonna talk to my counsellor about that at my next appointment. I'm just having a hard time getting the energy to do anything - even stuff I like like sewing. Lol but I could just be tired so who knows.

Any upcoming appointments? NIPT blooddraw today hopefully and then midwife Nov. 3

GTKY- sticking with the Halloween theme 🎃 what's your favorite Halloween movie? I have such fond memories of Hocus Pocus!! 

@karisahamdi I wish I could book in for an extra US - mine was at 8 weeks and then I'm not schedule until my anatomy scan (which was schedule for Christmas Eve morning. Cool.)
  • @jandawg Christmas Eve? Seriously? They're working?? I've had doctor appointments on the 23rd, but never Christmas Eve. That's crazy! I'm one day ahead of you (10+4) so that's my worry as well, they're going to want to schedule something right around Christmas, but we'll be out of town the week after. 
  • @karisahamdi we have a boutique ultrasound place here now and we didn’t my first 2 pregnancies so I’m also considering doing one for fun and so that my mom could come with me!

@wiscobabies i have a doppler that I’ve used this pregnancy and the last one that really do help. I try to limit myself to doing it once or twice a week so that I’m not obsessing over it. Idk if you’ve used one before, let me know if you need tips once you try. Bb is still super low so I have to angle the probe against/behind my pubic bone 
  • @jandawg wow like @pajamstagrams I'm shocked they're open! I can't remember where you're from but if you search private ultrasound near me one may pop up. My state doesn't actually allow them but there's one right on the border. 

@happynapper I'll let you know how it goes! I'm excited to be able to actually see LO looking like a real baby. 
  • @pajamstagrams @karisahamdi I'm in BC Canada so all my ultrasounds just take place at the local hospital, which I guess is open on the 24th cause it's just a Friday.
  • How far along are you? Any milestones passed?

10 weeks 3 days. Passed my loss milestone which was 9 weeks.  

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 

Still nervous.  Hoping for good news this week about NIPT. So nauseous and so many food aversions.  Fatigue is a little better.

Any upcoming appointments?  NIPT results this week and monthly OB on the 2nd. Then my nuchal is mid-November.  

There is this wonderfully awful B movie called "Spaced Invaders" that I just love.  Incompetent Martians invade earth on Halloween because they hear a rebroadcast of "War of the Worlds" and think the Martiam Fleet is invading. Because it's Halloween everyone thinks they are kids in costumes so the only people who notice the invasion are a cranky old man and two kids -one dressed as a duck. It's just, it makes me laugh a lot. 
  • @karisahamdi I enjoy Hocus Pocus too!
  • @jandawg oh makes sense! I remember you're from Canada now with your coffee crisp answer and I'm still craving those. 

@gadzooks_3 the concept of that movie sounds hilarious 🤣 
  • @karisahamdi oh man, right after that post I got two boxes of chocolate bars (coffee crisp included!) For free with my grocery order (it was a big stock up)
  • @jandawg ugh so jealous! I may need to add chocolate bars to my grocery list for today 😏
  • How far along are you? 10 weeks today

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? completely exhausted (napping at least once a day) and nauseous but luckily haven't actually gotten sick. Really tired of lying to friends about why I'm not drinking and need to be in bed by 9:45 haha. 3 more weeks and I can finally tell our news! 

Any upcoming appointments? 10/28 for genetic testing and 11/11 12 week checkup and US

GTKY- sticking with the Halloween theme 🎃 what's your favorite Halloween movie? For fun-  I also love Hocus Pocus, for thriller - a french horror/psych thriller movie called High Tension