Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thurs Oct. 21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: WTO Thurs Oct. 21

• Month/Cycle: 3/4AL

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: I realized this morning that FW is going to line up with our wedding anniversary! Crossing all the things that this means good luck for us! Now to start thinking about how we are going to celebrate! Oct 28th will be 4 years married! We have been together 18 years this coming November  :o

CS/Q: Still boring so skipping today.

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• edited October 2021

ETA @tessiesmom26 fx for your anniversary/FW mashup! sorry we must have cross-posted so i missed your post at first.

Month/Cycle: nope

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: vit. d and e, acai, melatonin, dhea, prenatals, coq10, opks, donor sperm, dubious temping

R/R: the sky this morning is amazing and just as soon as it gets a bit lighter outside i'm going on a jog to take advantage of the weirdly warm but windy day. // i just added melatonin to my mix of supplements a few days ago but it makes me woozy in the morning, ugh. also i guess i should consider dropping the dhea and the melatonin for my tww, but it's kind of a toss-up for me since my chances this cycle are tiny (say, 2% maybe? if that?) but keeping up with those supps will perhaps contribute to my chances for egg retrieval next cycle? i'm not asking but also if anyone has strong opinions about this i'm listening.

CS/Q: my chart is getting even more crazytown. i was actually expecting a temp drop today because i often get one on O day but instead i got a minor bump from my already high temp yesterday. i'm trying to tell myself that all this weirdness is just that i have not slept well for the past week and for some reason am doing this thing where i wake up around 3am and then spend the next several hours in a liminal half-sleep/half-wake space, which would definitely mess up my temps. if i were just looking at my chart i'd think my O day was something ridic like day 8-10, or maybe even that i was having an anov cycle. fortunately i am pretty sure that is not what is going on (other symptoms are all there: CM on point, ovarian twinges, neg and then pos OPK). i'm still not sure if I O'd overnight last night or will do so today. my body will tell me when i head out on my run, no doubt.

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2 AL

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: vitamins, OPKs

R/R: I like the idea of virtual conferences (free/cheap, don’t have to travel) a lot better than I actually like them when it comes to watching the screen all day. Today might require multiple cups of coffee. I get my booster for the Covid vaccine this afternoon (yay!), and just hoping not to have any negative side effects.    

CS/Q: Nope

@tessiesmom26 Yay for fortuitous timing with FW. Hope you all plan something fun for the anniversary!

@optimistgardener Does the dhea affect your sleep cycles too? Just curious why you might be dropping that one.

• @abjm0325 DHEA is a hormone that, my understanding has it, helps bump up your androgens in a way that can be beneficial for early follicular development. but because it ups your androgens, most docs (i believe, at least my clinic does) tell you to stop taking it once you're in your luteal phase. but... i'm on a baby dose, like 1/3 of recommended. i dunno.
    History
  • @tessiesmom26 That timing is so perfect!! Congrats on almost 18 years, that's wonderful.

@optimistgardener Sorry for the confusing chart. I hope it gets clearer here soon. Also, so jealous that you get to go out running. My husband and I are hoping to move somewhere new soon where going out for walks/runs will actually be possible.

@abjm0325 Multiple cups of coffee doesn't sound too bad :wink: Hopefully the conference goes by quickly.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: bbt

R/R: I totally disappeared there for a minute, but I've been lurking when I've had time! We've had so much going on with family stuff and work, its just been wild. I told myself I was going to grab my coffee and sit down and check in this morning so here I am! lol Also, today is my Friday, and it's going to rain a bunch this weekend, so yay :blush:

CS/Q: My chart isn't looking the best. Also, looks like O day may be earlier than I expected? Very confused. Granted, this is my first full cycle temping, so I'm sure it'll get clearer as I do it more. Also, does anyone have any advice on making TTC less...scheduled-feeling? My husband is having a hard time with it, he prefers spontaneity (which I mean, who doesn't). I tried this month to just not mention the days, but at one point I just had to tell him otherwise we would've missed it...which we kinda did anyway. I don't know, I'm not sure what to do. 

• @tessiesmom26 yay for fw lining up with your anniversary! Two birds one stone? Lol. Ours lined up in Junefor our anniversary, it was perfect lol.

@optimistgardener maybe youre wjust ovulating a little later than normal? I know you’re using a private donor, would he be willing to donate again if that’s the case?

@abjm0325 hear you on the multiple cups of coffee, that’s been my entire week! Good luck with your booster today, I hope the side effects are none to minimal for you.

Month/Cycle: 5/5AL

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: ntnp, & bbt to track lp

R/R: mh went into work later today so we did all kinds of running around and shopping this morning, and I’m tired! I was looking for a table cloth for my square kitchen table but had no luck. I also didn’t have luck finding any curtains for my bedroom that I liked, but I did find new ones for my kitchen! We also bought a new air fryer so I’m excited! It’s so weird how when you’re an adult, that that is an exciting purchase. Lol.

CS/Q: 

• edited October 2021
    @paytonpedro oh-ho! the downward trajectory on your temps is promising! as for my temps, i seriously don't think there's any making sense of it. slight possibility, i suppose, that my lh surge is a little further ahead of my O than usual and i'll get my temp drop tomorrow for O tomorrow. If that's the case, then my "timing" would still be pretty decent at -2. My guess though is that it was/will be either late last night or sometime today, for something like a -1. I hate to bug my donor for more than 1x per cycle. Especially this time around, since it seems clear that he uh, struggled with the process last night.
    History
  • @optimistgardener I think I read somewhere that you won’t always have a temp drop for ovulation? -1 or -2 are still really good so I hope ovulation cooperates for you! I like my temp drop today, but it’s my first temp since I changed the battery lol. So idk of it is really accurate or not. 
  • @annanbby Happy Friday to you! The spontaneity thing is hard. On the one hand, I get frustrated that I have to watch a schedule (regarding O) and he wants to be allowed to be kept in the dark. On the other hand, that's what works for us so I'm just willing to do it. Definitely tough if he isn't willing to be seduced on demand though, haha. Maybe just talk about how if you initiate he needs to just go along with it unless he has a good reason not to? 

@paytonpedro Haha, adult purchase excitement is a real thing. An air fryer sounds like fun!
  • @optimistgardener Haha, I was thinking of dha in my head and I was really confused. That makes more sense!
  • @optimistgardener I hope you get a clear dip soon so that your chart makes sense. Both -2 and -1 are great timing days so hopefully it will all still work out and you won't have to ask your donor for more. (I just spelt it "doner" like boner and now I'm giggling like a school girl)

@abjm0325 I keep meaning to look into getting my booster. I hope you get minimal side effects! 

@annanbby We struggle with not timing feeling ridged as well. DH hates when the pressure is on to meet the right timing, but all attempts at not making it feel that way haven't really worked. This cycle we sat down during AF and talked about timing out of the gate, so he knows it's almost time to get to it and I think putting it out there in advance helped, instead of being like "hi, we need to do it now!". 

@paytonpedro That temp dip looks promising! Also, timing looks great! We love our air fryer and use it so much. It's funny, we always talked about getting one but DH complained about counter space and where it would go. I finally bite the bullet and bought him one for Christmas and he had it un-packed, cleaned, and cooking breakfast within a half hour of opening it lol. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 O happened to line up with our anniversary this year too! Too bad it didn't work though for us haha. But love when things line up for us!

@optimistgardener it's warm by you? We're a cool low 50s for a high with misty rain. Not my favorite... But it is for DH. What a weirdo.

@abjm0325 the one huge conference my company attends was virtual last year and boy was "man-ing" the booth really lame. There was not an easy way to get attendants to interact with you. Even the companies that had paid extra to have video chatting got no benefit from it.

@annanbby yeah... There's really no way around keeping things unscheduled. DH is the same. He hates that it's "mechanical" as he calls it because we just do it to go through the motions. Meh.

@paytonpedro you should have seen us when we bought our Dyson vacuum. So much excitement! Yay adulting! Haha

Month/Cycle: 12 AL

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: RI bloodwork, BBT, OPKs, PNV, DHA, vitamin D, vitamin E, baby aspirin

R/R: it's been a week man. Eh. I feel like there's so much going on but I'm not getting anything done. Struggling with my priorities right now! We might be hitting up Fright Fest at Six Flags this weekend. DH of course wants to buy season passes and I'm like hun, I love the idea but I fully intend on being pregnant next year so no. Sorry. Makes me sad!

CS/Q: I think my OPK is starting to slightly darken. My surge has been so fast that I've started testing every single time I pee since CD12. I got the free 25 pack of OPKs from Pregmate and had ordered the package or 100 so I have plenty! For a few cycles anyway haha
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @tessiesmom26 we actually have had an air fryer for a while so this one is replacing it. The basket inside got all worn out and the part that attaches the basket to the bucket…. Does that make any sense?… doesn’t clip so I’ve definitely dropped food. So it was time for a new one!! And I’m happy about it!!

@annanbby I think we posted at the same time so I didn’t see you! But I’m glad to see you back! Sounds like you had a good distraction. As for your question, definitely not mentioning it and trying to seduce him is the best bet. Which can still be tough for you. We’ve done “challenges” where we have sex every day for a month but surely eod for a month would be more efficient. Lol. I (and he) always know when I’m ovulating because I’m super… erm… interested… lol. So for me it’s hard to hide. 

@inthewoods23 ahaha. We won a dyson vacuum in a Chinese auction one year and it’s was THE BEST thing I’ve ever won! Haha. Well maybe except a yeti cooler we won a couple years ago. Lol. I’m totally cool with adulting. I’ve managed to get a couple boxes of pregmate for free, and I actually prefer them! My surge is also super quick, so I hope you catch it in its entirety. I’m very interested to hear about it actually lol. 
    Six flags sounds fun! I hope you guys have a great time!