Healthy Habits & Goals w/o 10.18

keikilovekeikilove member
edited October 2021 in Trying to Get Pregnant

A funny gif to match the funny title. 😆

What are you focused on this week? 
What has you motivated or struggling?

Any recent wins? 

Re: Healthy Habits & Goals w/o 10.18

• What are you focused on this week? I'm gonna use this as a means of getting myself geared up for a run this evening. i normally run in the mornings but i just did not have time this morning for that, so now i need to make myself go out and do it in the afternoon even though i'm already flagging and would prefer to flop on the couch.

What has you motivated or struggling? as above. but also omg i am sooo busy. i want a holiday where i just sleep for a week.

Any recent wins? Well, i have managed so far this term to stick to my running goal of at least 3x a week! And i know i feel better for it and so I guess i need to make sure i keep that going.

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @optimistgardener I hope you got out there and ran yesterday! I know you know, but it always feels SO good....afterwards haha. I was a runner in my former life, ran upwards of 100 miles a week for a decade. I haven't run in a very long time, sometimes I miss it but I think I just miss running competitively! 

What are you focused on this week? Not just the week but, and this is going to sound so silly, I am determined to start liking oatmeal this fall/winter season 😂. I have a texture issue with it so it has to have other things going on in there, but I also am trying to perfect the cooking so it is the texture that I can stand. Today I had it with cinnamon flavor (Kodiak brand which means extra protein), a scoop of peanut butter, and half of an apple mixed in. It was pretty okay.... I choked down the last few bites though. 

What has you motivated or struggling? Nothing and everything, respectively 😂

Any recent wins? Ugh not really. Other than actually paying attention to my portions
  • Loading the player...
  • edited October 2021
    @jellie603 i have a hard time with oatmeal also. i don't like the gluey thing that happens. One of my tricks is to use the "thick cut" oats (i buy em from the bulk aisle) and then keep the heat really low and try not to stir very much while it's on the stove, just enough to keep them from sticking. I'm not sure what aspect of the texture gets to you but the result I try to aim for is for the oats to still have some definition but be soft enough to eat. I usually add a mixture of nuts and dried fruit, a big splash of milk over the top, maybe a spoonful of yogurt, brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon. but honestly most mornings i just eat eggs. // Also that's amazing that you used to be a professional runner! those are some crazy miles you put in! I don't manage anything like that. A "big mileage" day for me when I'm feeling great and the stars align is maybe 6 miles, but mostly I do a circuit that gives me about 3.5 and call it good. A nice opportunity to empty my brain, listen to some podcasts, and listen to my breathing. Best of luck with the portion control thing! Honestly, part of why I run is so I can feel more justified in eating a big heaping plate of pasta several times a week.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • @optimistgardener I hate dishes more than anything on the planet so I buy the pouches so I can microwave them and not have to wash a pot 😂 but the brand that I get is great quality/taste so I need to adjust from there. Oooo some yogurt, I didn't even think of that what a great idea! Honestly I am an egg eater in the mornings too but I get bored easily.
    I would NOT classify myself as a professional runner but I did run competitively from 6th grade until I graduated college. A 6 mile run is AMAZING! Even getting out there for a 3.5-er is more than most do, so keep it up! If I tried to run a 5K right now I would probably puke and then die 😂
  • @jellie603 i dunno how i managed to get "professional" out of competitive but let's chalk it up to my writing replies before i'd made my way to the halfway mark on my coffee this morning. competitive running. still freaking awesome and impressive.
    History
  • @jellie603 and @optimistgardener +1 to not being an oatmeal fan, but trying to like it. I really don't leave myself much time for breakfast in the mornings, so always on the lookout for quick, filling options. 
  • What are you focused on this week? I’m still aiming for 10,000 steps per day, including some moderate walking for exercise. I’ve been doing fairly well lately with meeting the goal and want to build up a streak. I think I’m having an egg retrieval this weekend, and then my goal is to take it waaaay easy. I always take way too many steps after these types of procedures. Not doctor recommended. 

What has you motivated or struggling? I’ve been carrying a lot of weight the past few months during IVF stuff. I finally lost 8 pounds last cycle and am motivated to keep that off. 

Any recent wins? The weight loss is a major win. I’m also getting g a little more sleep which is also a major win. Trying to keep that up. 

@optimistgardener I’m also super impressed with your runs! 3.5 is the perfect distance in my mind. Just enough to get the endorphins going and short enough to not fatigue the body. Now 6 miles on the other hand😩…. I haven’t done a 6-mile run in the last decade.🤣 You go! 🏃‍♀️ 

@jellie603 WOW to your former running life! I also ran competitively for the same ages as you (coincidence!) but never ever approached anywhere close to 100 miles per week. How did you keep going?! I averaged an easy comfy 15-20 miles per week. We were clearly competing in different categories.😄 May I ask what led you to stop running? Please don’t feel any pressure to respond if it’s too personal. AFM, TTC put a halt to my more vigorous exercising and I have turned into a lump of mush because of it. 🤷‍♀️ 

@abjm0325 So many of us not liking oatmeal! I buy the steel cut oats and make mine so that it is fairly firm and not soft or slimy. Chopped apples, nuts, and cinnamon with milk make it delicious. 

• I had no idea there were so many out there who *wanted* to like oatmeal but struggled to like me hah! 

@keikilove that is awesome! I love to meet former runners and laugh and commiserate about how much of a love/hate sport it is haha. This sounds so lame but, honestly, life got in the way of my running. After I graduated college I had no idea what I wanted to do and I ended up working at a placement facility for at-risk teen boys. I worked an average of 75 hours a week there (I wish I was exaggerating) and it just sucked the life out of me. And then I became focused on other things, met MH and we have actually moved a lot in the decade we have been together which gave me a nice excuse to "not have time to run". Honestly, I'm right there with you on being a lump of mush 😂😭. I'm 25 lbs heavier than I'd like to be and I know it is because I stopped running and age has caught up to me.
    Fun things though! I ran cross country but I really loved and excelled in track! MH was the opposite and ran track for fun and kicked butt at XC. He was a junior Olympian in his prime haha! Did you run both as well?? We should make a pact to try and run a 5K or something like that so we are less mushy....
  • @keikilove well to be fair my 6-mile runs actually involve some uh, walking in the middle. i'm not a purist. congrats on all the steps you're getting in and on feeling maybe a bit better with the weight loss last cycle. it sounds like you're doing great! i can't believe you're doing another egg retrieval this weekend. you're such a trooper (you and @bumblebee0210, my goodness). considering what the process puts your body through, i think you're doing amazing if you're getting up off the couch and moving around at all.
    @jellie603 the struggle is real when it comes to oatmeal. but as usual, @keikilove does it right with the steel cut oats. that stuff's the real deal, and the texture is way better. you just gotta have like an hour to cook it (sometimes when i really have my ducks in a row i'll cook up a big batch of it to eat through the week, but my ducks have been scattered halfway across the next county for the past few months so no planned oatmeal for me).
    History
  • I told myself that if I wasn't KU last cycle, I would sign up for a 5K around Thanksgiving to keep me motivated. So I signed up today! I don't think I've ever run 6 miles ( you go, @optimistgardener !), but I'm glad to have something to focus on and work toward after the BFN last week. 
  • Guys— the key to really good oatmeal is you toast the steel cut oats in butter in the bottom of the pan first (like if you have ever made risotto). I do like 1-2 TBS butter for 1 cup oats. Then put in the water and bring it to a boil and then simmer for 45 min or so. And salt them! Do not skip this. Like 1/2 tsp at least, but if you’re really wary start with 1/4 tsp. But seriously do not skip the salt.  Then top with good things— I cook down frozen cherries to make a compote, but maple syrup, nuts, raisins, etc you can’t go wrong. 

Also— you can prepare them at night— just do the toasting step and add the water and bring it to a boil and then give it a good stir, add the salt, and shut it off. Leave it (with a lid on) overnight and come down in the morning to perfectly cooked steel-cut oats.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk. 
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• @bumblebee0210 your constant "don't forget the salt" reminds me of the one episode of The Office where Toby is talking to everyone about the radon test kits that he's putting throughout the office but Michael keeps throwing them out because he doesn't know what it is. So Toby stares directly at Michael and snaps his fingers a couple times while repeating "please don't throw these out. please don't throw these out" :D
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @bumblebee0210 i think i will make some tomorrow. thank you for the inspiration.
    History