Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 10/20

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 10/20

• Month/Cycle: 3/4AL

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPKs, PNV, DTD

R/R: My office feels like the artic. My new boss keeps turning down the heat, or turning it up and then opening his slider doors so there is a cold breeze through the office. I am one that needs to be warm to focus, so I have been wrapped in a blanket this whole week, dressed in layers and trying so hard to not break out my heater, but today might just be the day! 

CS/Q: 

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Month/Cycle: 2/2 AL (realized I never changed the month for October, oops)

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: vitamins, OPKs

R/R: Hey, maybe I’ll have people to talk to today!  :D

It’s my birthday this weekend and my husband is taking me out of town for the night (nearby city, but still nice to get away a bit). I can’t wait! We have a couple low-key things planned but mostly just time together. Would have been even better if it would have lined up with FW, but I’ll settle for AF just getting out of the way by then.

CS/Q: Nope

• Loading the player...
  • @tessiesmom26 oh man that has to be tough, it is always frustrating when people like different temp extremes in the office...so hard to find a compromise! Hope you stay warm somehow today!
    @abjm0325 have so much fun on your birthday weekend away!

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Charting, temping, OPKs, pnv, DTD, prelim testing for MH and I

R/R: It is by birthday weekend and I wanted to go to this big haunted thing I've been to every year since like college but....COVID is preventing us (no one is positive but we have travel restrictions). I'm actually really bummed about it. I don't think we will be doing anything all that special and I wish we were. I threw MH a surprise 40th this July and I was hoping he would put in a fraction of that effort. I've never had a surprise party. Also, my birthday is the last of all of my friends and a week before Halloween so it almost never gets celebrated. Please join me in my pity party 😂!

Rave is that I get to drink for my birthday haha! I'll be having apple cider with caramel vodka and a splash of hard cider drinks and Focal Banger. Not to mention my usual bday breakfast of bacon, croissants, fruit, and fancy donuts!

CS/Q: Um... I forgot to temp today 😂🙄

• @tessiesmom26 Brr, I hate being cold at work. Right now I have my hot (okay, lukewarm) coffee and my space heater going full blast!

@jellie603 Aw, man. Any chance your DH is planning something in secret? Definitely frustrating when it feels like other people don’t put in the effort. If he doesn’t step up, I’d say book a massage or something special for yourself! Also, that drink sounds deliciously fall.

• @abjm0325 Your weekend away sounds like so much fun! I hope you have a great time and great birthday!
    @jellie603 I also hope for you that DH is planning a surprise and you just don't know yet! If not, then I will go ahead and second the recommendation of planning a massage or something special just for you! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 I’m with you on needing to be warm! I vote break out the heater!

@abjm0325 happy birthday!! A night away sounds so nice! I hope you have a really good time and that af exits the building before you go!

@jellie603 happy early birthday to you as well!! I’m sorry your husband is dropping the ball with your birthday. I can commiserate, my husband is the same way. But yay for getting to drink! The apple cider with caramel vodka is my favorite!! I also have been on a kick adding toaster caramel black velvet whisky. Super tasty! I hope you enjoy your birthday! And I’m jealous, that breakfast sounds like it will be fantastic!

Month/Cycle: 5/5AL

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: ntnp, & bbt to track lp

R/R: my husband has a commitment every Wednesday and sometimes it really frustrates me, it he is missing it tonight because he’ll be working to late and I am so pleased! We get to make dinner together, have a couple drinks, and enjoy our night! 

Also, my house and my neighbors house are way too close together and he’s been working on his roof, right at our window level, all week. I’m sick of having to remember not to strip in front of the windows all day  😅😅

CS/Q: o should be today-Sunday ish and not using opks is giving me anxiety. Mh is also doing a good job at the nt part of ntnp, remembering to pull out 🙄 but it’s ok, I guess.

• I'm going to come back later for tags because my day today is ugh, but:

Month/Cycle: [...]

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: opks, supplements galore, hail mary at home insem

R/R: Mondays and Wednesdays I have two lectures of 2 hours each and by the end my voice is just shredded. Today I'm trying to hand over the discussion more to students but in some ways that is upping my planning level because I need to make sure that a bunch of material gets covered even as I hope to allow the convo to take a relatively organic form. Here's hoping they read their assigned materials.

CS/Q: my chart continues to be bananas but today i got my blazing positive opk, just as expected. looks like i'm in for another CD12 O day. Have made the arrangements with my donor friend for a hand-off this evening.

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @tessiesmom26 @abjm0325 @paytonpedro awe thanks guys! Unfortunately, MH is terrible at lying/secret keeping/planning so I would definitely know if he was just saying there was nothing going on but had a secret plan. Honestly I'm thinking of driving the 3 hours and going to the haunted attraction myself haha. 
  • sorry for so rudely posting and running earlier. i had some lectures that urgently needed planning.
    @tessiesmom26 so sorry about the temp wars with your boss in the office. i read somewhere that like, every a/c system in every office in the world is basically set on the basis of what should feel "right" to the average male-bodied person, but for those of us with more estrogen kicking around in our systems, offices are chronically about 4 degrees cooler than they should be for comfort.
    @abjm0325 i hope you have fun on your weekend getaway!
    @jellie603 wow that mixed drink sounds really dangerous! I feel like if this were "real" life one of us would pull your H to the side and be like "hey, make a plan dude. it's her birthday." so sorry we can't perform that role for you! :)
    @paytonpedro i feel like your H's "conscientiousness" re: pulling out is a step beyond ntnp. that's more like nt,p. how annoying.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @paytonpedro I am the worst about not paying attention to windows when stripping. If we ever cut down our trees, I'm in trouble.

@optimistgardener Here's hoping the Hail Mary brings a win!

@jellie603 Yes! Do what you want to on your birthday!