April 2022 Moms

FTM Check-in 10.20

A day late - sorry! It’s been a hectic week. 

How far along are you?

What team are you (green/pink/blue)? 

Baby is the size of a: 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

Re: FTM Check-in 10.20

• How far along are you? 15+1

What team are you (green/pink/blue)? Team Green!

Baby is the size of a: Eggo waffle

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Still struggling a bit to find something I actually want to eat, but I went on a big Trader Joe's run yesterday so now we're stocked up on lots of frozen options and snacks. Hopefully that helps!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nothing until Nov.

Rants/raves? I've been so busy the last few days working on major revisions for a piece of my dissertation. It was a slog and I had to keep off of social media so that I would stay focused but I finally got it done last night! Felt very accomplished. I still have plenty to do writing and work-wise but it was nice to have a slower, more relaxing morning this morning!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? none at the moment
  • How far along are you? 15 weeks + 4 days

What team are you (green/pink/blue)? Blue 💙💙💙

Baby is the size of an: 🍊🧡

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? My appetite is back and my goodness it is ferocious! I snack several times a day in between my large meals and I’m still inhaling it like a fiend, and my stomach still gurgles from hunger in between! Must finally be catching up on calories after all that nausea in the 1st trimester! I’ll take it! 🙌

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope, next one is in November! However, I did have my monthly chiropractic appointment yesterday (I have idiopathic scoliosis) and she told me my back looks better and more aligned than it has in a very long time, possibly even the past couple years! She thinks it’s a combination of relaxin loosening areas of tightness in my back combined with my dedication to my 4x/week prenatal yoga practice that’s helping to stabilize and align. So yay pregnancy! 😁

Rants/raves? Baby kicked me like 10 times in a row yesterday!!!!! I was sitting at my desk at work and coughed, and he responded with about 10 kicks in a row! This is the first time I could clearly tell that’s what they were before he was done kicking so I could get excited and enjoy them!!! 😁🥰 I’m imagining him just reclining and peddling his feet forward. I think he’s def going to be a kicker! 😅

Questions for FTM, or STM+? When the kicks begin, how often do you feel them? Is it pretty regular once you do start feeling them?

• Loading the player...
  • @minnie_yoga_mama For me, it wasn’t so much about regularity but more about predictability. So she wouldn’t kick at regular intervals from what I could tell but I could depend on her responding when I laid down at night for bed, ate/drank sugary foods, or had something cold to drink. If that makes sense! Baby also goes through sleep wake cycles so there will be periods of little to no activity.
  • @aloha_mama When did those regular responses begin? I’ve already tried coughing a few times on purpose to see if he’ll respond again. 😂 No luck! I’ve already started a kick counter on my phone too, but I’m wondering if when these kicks first start, they’re pretty irregular like this. I’m hoping he’ll start regularly responding soon so I can check up on him!
  • @minnie_yoga_mama It’s still a bit early for you! Usually it gets more regular around 28-ish weeks, when baby is a lot bigger and the movement is more noticeable. You don’t really need to do kick counts until the last trimester. For me, I had an anterior placenta with my first so I didn’t feel movement as much as other moms.