2nd Trimester
Options

Covid vaccine

I am just curious as to if you have gotten the vaccine and if so, how far along you were when you got vaccinated. I’m planning to get vaccinated, but am not sure when I want to do it. 

Re: Covid vaccine

• Options
    kam174kam174 member
    I got my first and second shot in my second trimester. Agreed with Cait - I did a ton of research before getting the shot and it’s completely safe for pregnant women. It doesn’t cross the placenta, and there’s the added benefit that baby could receive the antibodies and may be born with some immunity to covid (fingers crossed right!?) I also had little to no side effects, just a sore arm after both shots. Good luck! 
  • Options
    I got the j&j at 4 weeks pregnant. Didnt know I was pregnant at the time. I had a fever for a day that Tylenol helped 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ended up getting pregnant and having a CP in between my first and second doses. I got pregnant again a month later.
  • Options
    An older thread, but I also chose to get vaccinated at the very end of my first trimester. The associated risks of covid seem much higher than the vaccine so i chose vaccine. 
  • Options
    I got my first shot 3 weeks before my embryo transfer, and my second shot the day after the transfer. My doctor said that getting Covid would probably be way worse than any side effect the vaccine could give me. 
  • Options
    I got my first shot 4 weeks before I found out I was pregnant (I must of got pregnant during the cycle that I got the vaccine. I was nervous to then get the 2nd one with limited research available at that time but I just got my last one during week 20 of pregnancy. Hopefully waiting too long before my 1st and 2nd dose doesn't make it completely ineffective but my dr. recommended I get the second dose in the 2nd trimester.
  • Options
    I’m 27 weeks today and I got the J&J single dose vaccine like two weeks ago and had shivers, body aches really bad for one night and couldn’t even walk, but the next day I was fine. Also slight fever.
  • Options
    I got my first shot in 1st tri and second shot at 15 weeks. My OB recommended getting the second shot in the 2nd trimester. I got a slight fever (between 100-101) for like 10 hrs the day after the shot (I didn’t take any meds, OB said only take Tylenol if fever reaches 104) and was fine by the following day. The risks of getting covid during pregnancy outweighs the vaccine risk.
  • Options
    Advised to get the covid vaccine after the first trimester!
  • Options
    Got fully vaccinated before we conceived, but I got my booster at 15 weeks per my OB's recommendation. Nothing more than some fatigue, a sore neck, and a sore arm. Same symptoms I had with my first dose.
  • Options
    What is a CP? Thanks
  • Options
    I also would like to know what CP stands for? 
  • Options
    CP normally stands for chemical pregnancy.  
  • Options
    Oh boy that comment about CP really scares me  :#