Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 10/19

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 10/19

• Month/Cycle: 3/4AL

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPKs, PNV, DTD

R/R: DH and I had a great talk last night about timelines and expectations. Last cycle DH was all about trying at the beginning but then got cold feet right around the time that I O'd. (Then of course we got sick which threw a whole new problem into the mix). It was nice to hash it all out while not feeling the pressure of timing. We also talked long term timelines and basically how we have to try this cycle and the next and then if things don't work out we are going to have to take a break due to two big family weddings next September. This all made me feel better about this cycle, so here's hoping! 

CS/Q: Still boring at the moment

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 I can relate to you so much with timelines and expectations. Mh has also gotten cold feet in past cycles. It’s difficult to deal with. But I’m glad you were able to have a productive and open conversation that got the two of you on the same page! Yay!

Month/cycle: 5/5AL

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: ntnp, & bbt to track lp

R/R: today is a super busy day. Our washing machine broke _killme_ and I had to take clothes to a laundromat around the corner. Mh was supposed to do it a couple days ago but it was packed so it got pawned off on me. My back is still very sore, for the last 3 months ugh, so it’s extremely difficult to life the body bags of clothes. My dog has to be groomed, in 5 minutes, and we have an unexpected dr appt at 11:40. Wish me luck making it to lunch today. 😓

CS/Q:  

• Loading the player...
  • @paytonpedro ugh about the washing machine. i took my laundry to the laundromat for years when i lived in tiny apartments in the big city and it was the worst. i always put it off until i had no. more. options. hope the washing machine gets fixed soon!

Month/Cycle: linear time is a delusion

CD: 10!

WAYDTGKU: coq10, vit e, vit c, vit d, prenatals, DHEA, Acai, temps (kind of), OPKs, a friendly donation and a syringe

R/R: it's so beautiful this morning but ugh, it's only tuesday and i have so much that i need to do this week. also we have a cat with kidney problems and tuesday morning is the morning that i have to wrangle him into a towel burrito and get my uncle to hold him while i give him subcutaneous fluids. he hates it, i hate it, and the uncle hates it. we all hates it.

CS/Q: temps calming down a bit but i had a half-degree spike followed by a half-degree drop below my "normal" follicular phase temps early in my cycle so ff is going to freak out at me when the time comes to id my O day. i am not worried except to the extent that i'm like, why are my follicular temps all over the map when i used to have a nice pretty follicular phase.

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @optimistgardener omg that cat burrito med administration sounds traumatizing for all - hope that Mr. Cat deep down understands you are doing it out of love haha

I'm going to say that I go here now because it is delusional to keep thinking I'm in the TWW. 

CD: -1 (I'm spotting and cramping to AF will either be here tonight or tomorrow)

WAYDTGKU: Charting, temping, OPKs, PNV 😂, prelim testing for MH and I 

R/R: WTAF was up with my cycle this time around? I am literally on CD34 today when mine typically run about 28-29 days. I O'd wicked late, it was just all over the place. Trying realllllyyyy hard to find a rave here... Well I was just told that myself and my counterpart from the south region are going to be moved to a salaried position! We are the only ones on the corporate team still hourly (thus not bonus eligible even though we do A LOT of the heavy lifting) and I am so looking forward to it. Not only will we be bonus eligible now, but we don't have to worry about un-allowed overtime, doing work at 7pm even though we clocked out 2 hours ago etc. etc. 

CS/Q: Nah. Chart will start back up tomorrow when I start temping again. Though, I had my US yesterday for 'preliminary' testing/discussions re: possible IF. Bloodwork I'll stroll in on Friday hopefully as that will probably be CD3. 

• PaturkeyPaturkey member
    edited October 2021

@tessiesmom26 I'm so glad that you and your DH aired it all out. That must feel really good. We did that before we started bc I'm AMA I was basically like, now or never dude. Pick a side. It felt really good to just hash it all out.

@paytonpedro Oh, the laundromat woes! I spent years living in a city and walking my laundry to the laundromat and I look back now and think, but how?!? How did I do that? I must never have had clean clothes. I hope you manage to get lunch and godspeed on getting the washer fixed!

@optimistgardener Sending hugs to you and your cat! I just took my old-man-cat into the vet for the subcutaneous fluids yesterday (his kidneys are also going). I can't imagine doing it myself. Props to you and your uncle for managing it.

@jellie603 Abnormally long cycles are so frustrating! I had one that was 45 days once and was ready to lose my damn mind. But congrats on the salaried position!! Woohoo, that's great!

Month/cycle: 2/2

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPKs

R/R: WTF, cycle. W. T. F. This is my second cycle off BC and last month I Oed on CD20. On the suggestion of @fantasyflyte the other day, I started my OPKs on CD12 out of an abundance of caution and the damn thing was positive! Ugh. Cue furious scrambling for any timing since I thought I still had over a week and we were both sick until a few days ago (and I'm sick again, blurgh). The earliest I have ever Oed was CD14 and latest CD31 so I absolutely never expected CD12. Gah. On the plus side, we went mushrooming at the weekend and got a really nice haul of porcini so that was very satisfying. And delicious.

CS/Q: I'll edit to add my chart in case anyone has insight on if CD12 was really it (FF gives me CH for CD12 if I put in any temp over about 36.28 for tomorrow). Being sick has really messed with my temps this month. Boo.

ETA

• @tessiesmom26 glad you and YH were able to have a good conversation and come up with a plan.

@paytonpedro oh no! Our washer broke last year and it was awful. I hope you're able to fix it/get a new one soon!

@optimistgardener your poor kitty, that sounds rough! We had a dog with diabetes when I was a kid and my mom used to have to give her insulin shots and it was awful.

@jellie603 sorry about impending AF. That's great news about your job though!!

@Paturkey sorry about the wonky cycle! Hopefully your body starts to regulate now that the BC is out of your system.

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: FET

R/R: I fell as I was leaving work last night. Like legit leg twisted under me and I fell flat on the concrete of the parking lot without even being able to try and stop my fall. I scraped my knee and my left arm is sore from falling on it but thankfully nobody was around to see. It was after a long day of work with patients that were trying my patience (HA) so I went home and got to bed early. At least today is my day off.

CS/Q: nope

TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @optimistgardener & @Paturkey & @shortstack930 we actually bought a new washer last week but it doesn’t come until next week Thursday. Meh. Our washer, the agitator stopped working so it doesn’t even really wash our clothes. It’s been about a month, and I’ve just been doing small loads and going in mid cycle to mix them up and move them around by hand but our bathroom flooded and got 2 hampers full of clothes and most of our towels drenched so I had to wash it all fast. Gah. I can’t wait for this new washer!!! It’s a total upgrade!

@optimistgardener I’ve seen ff do some pretty impressive (and correct) dating of o! I think it’s magic. I’m sorry you have such a hard time with your kitty. I wish I had a suggestion but the taco is my go to. If he a less is more cat? Maybe put him in a top opening carrier or box and let him sit in there and just poke him? We have a cat at my work who is less is more and benefits from this approach. 

@jellie603 super duper yay for the salaried position!! Congratulations! I hope those bonus start rolling in!

@Paturkey my dad and grandma are super into mushrooms. It’s a very tasty pastime lol. I’m sorry your cycle is so frustrating. My last 2 I ovulated cd 12 when I always always always ovulate cd15. Like for 9/10 cycles prior. Ugh. It looks like you still got ok timing though!

@shortstack930 I hope you’re feeling ok after your fall. Totally feel you on “at least no one was around to see”. I kind of chuckled a little at that comment because I’m so clumsy that that would be my first thought as well. I hope you’re enjoying your day off! 
  • edited October 2021
    @paytonpedro @shortstack930 @Paturkey @jellie603 thanks for all the kind thoughts re: Roo the Cat. I've watched a bunch of videos on strategies for doing the subQ hydration and they are all like "feed your kitty tasty snax and then pet him while you insert the needle and it will all be fine." IT IS NOT FINE. he has to be forcibly restrained or he commences attempted murder of all within reach. but the treatment does seem to be helping him to feel better. after a sort of scary period last month where he was losing weight and struggling with his appetite, he seems to be putting the weight back on again, is eating like a champ, and he has even started killing small animals again, the little turd.
    @jellie603 congrats on the salaried position! awesome! you must be really pleased.
    @paturkey harrumph about the surprise early O, but i'm so glad you caught it! your timing looks fantastic. if I had to guess I'd say your O was prob late on CD12 or early on 13. 
    @shortstack930 oh no! so sorry you fell. I fell a few weeks ago running and unfortunately i did have an audience. so embarrassing! hope the day off cures all ills.

My chart is 😱🤪 and probably gives all the diligent tempers out there hives. But opks still negative and that's what counts. I think I feel a positive coming on maybe tomorrow tho.

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.