January 2022 Moms

Update: Severe Preeclampsia/Delivery

Hi all, 
I was in the hospital all last week with several preeclampsia and had to delivery our baby boy at 25 weeks 2 days. He is currently in the NICU fighting. I can’t believe this happened. Has anyone else every had a preemie? I was able to get there in time to get the steroid injections which will help with his lungs/development which they said is great. 
Just can’t believe this all happened 😢

Re: Update: Severe Preeclampsia/Delivery

• Omg, @chelswcu12! My heart goes out to you, your little one, and family. I can’t imagine what you must be going through. I hope the best for your little boy. 
    I do not have experience with a premie. I hope some mommas can give you a comforting shoulder and some advice on here though. 
    How are you doing? 
  • Oh my goodness! Sending you and your family good, healing vibes. I’m sorry you had to go through that. A friend of mine gave birth two years ago to a baby girl at 27 weeks (was just one of those things) and all things considered, the baby is doing well now. My friend found a lot of comfort and support in NICU mom groups and does a lot of charity work for them to this day. 

Please keep us posted and take care of yourself!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sending love to you and your little guy, @chelswcu12. Please keep us updated and take care of yourself. I wish there was more we could all do, just know you guys are in our thoughts. 
  • @chelswcu12 - echoing others sentiments in that I am thinking of you and your little fighter and sending much love!  What’s his name?  Keep us posted on how everything is going. 
  • As others have said, you and your little one are in my thoughts.  If you are on Facebook i have heard great things from the NICU mom's group.  Advocate for yourself and your little--get to know the hours of the staff, if you haven't already and you want to you can start trying to pump. You can also look into donated breast milk if that is something you want for your child. 
    Glad you were able to get some steroid injections.  
  • @chelswcu12 thinking of you and your little guy. I have a relative that had her son around 25 weeks and he’s as healthy as can be, this was 10 years ago, I would imagine medical care has only improved. She said one benefit to him being in the NICU was that he was an amazing sleeper because they keep babies on very specific schedules. It’s not even close to being the same, but DS was in the NICU for a week and I got sent home 5 days before him. It was so weird going home without him. Sending T & P’s - please keep us posted.
  • @chelswcu12 sending you lots of love! That has to have been (and I'm sure continues to be) be so scary. 

I have a friend who delivered at 24w3d and another who delivered after PPROM at 23w4d. Both girls are doing great!! 

I don't have experience with a micropremie, but I do have experience as a NICU mom. My son was born 6 weeks early and was in the NICU for 3 weeks. Please feel free to reach out to me more if you need someone to talk to. 

I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of good vibes for your little guy. Though they be small, they are mighty! And NICU nurses and doctors are true super heroes. One thing a fellow mom said to me when we were in the NICU is that though the days and weeks will feel like a lifetime, in the grand scheme of your little boy's life, this will just be a blip in time. Hang in there. ♥️♥️
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @chelswcu12 omg! I hope you are recovering and recuperating ok! That is very scary, but the fact you were able to get the steroids is really great (but whooo that shot stings!). I had mild preeclampsia with my first and was hospitalized for 3 weeks before delivering. I got the steroids and learned how much help they can be, but I also know how scary and serious preeclampsia can be! 

I can think of numerous examples of super premies who are all thriving-my BIL was born at 28 weeks, and he’s a successful lawyer, and I’m sure technology has come a really long way in the last ~30 years! There’s a mom from my bmb from my first who had her son very early due to severe preeclampsia, and both are doing great today! I have a friend who had her daughter at 21 weeks. She has Down’s syndrome, so there’s other health issues, but she’s almost 3 now and doing well. As @magalina_h mentioned, the days are very long right now, but one day will be a blip.

My daughter was in the NICU for five days, and my best advice is to ask the NICU nurses everything! They are true superheroes, and I learned so much from them, especially about seemingly simple things like bathing and diapering. We used their schedule when we got home and that was helpful, too. They are such a wonderful resource!! 

I know this is all so much coming at you at once and I have no doubt very overwhelming. Just remember to breathe, to take everything a step at a time, and that you are healing as well. It’s a long road ahead, but we’re here for you if you need, and I’m wishing you all the best. Sending you all the love and positivity for you and your little warrior!!
  •  @chelswcu12
    Oh my word. My heart goes out to you sweet mama. I’m praying for your sweet boy to grow and grow and grow and to be completely healthy. I have several friends that were micropremies and now are successful nurses/occupational therapists! Praying big prayers I know God is more than capable of doing. ❤️
  • @chelswcu12 keeping you and your new boy in my thoughts. That must've been such a scary experience, but I'm glad he's getting the care he needs in the NICU, and so glad you were able to get the steroids ahead of time. I don't have any experience with micro-premies, so I'm not much help there. Sending positive vibes to your babe. 
  • Thinking of you @chelswcu12!! I work in pediatrics and have had several patients (more recently I’ve taken care of a couple boys in clinic) who were micropremies, born between 23-25 weeks and doing great long term. I know it is an emotional and rocky road in the NICU, so lean on the support of your loved ones and NICU staff and do your best to take it one day at a time. Sending love!! 
  • Thoughys and prayers for you and little I one
  • magalina_hmagalina_h member
    edited October 2021
    @chelswcu12 he is just beautiful, and I love his name! The day he "graduates" and gets to come home will indeed be the best day ever! 

Do you have the option of rooming in with him, if you wanted to? When I went home for the 1st time with my son when I got discharged was one of the hardest things I had ever done (I went home get a few things, say hi to my doggies, and shower since I didn't really access to a shower while in the NICU). I was so grateful for the opportunity to room in with him. 
  • @chelswcu12 I’ve been waiting for this update! He’s beautiful, and I’m so happy to hear he’s doing well, considering the circumstances. Stay strong, mama. I think I can speak for us all when I say you, your husband, and Dobri are in our thoughts ❤️❤️
  • @chelswcu12 He is absolutely precious. Sending you and your husband all the love and strength.
  • @chelswcu12 oh my goodness what a precious little guy! Sending so many T&P’s for you and your family. 
  • @chelswcu12 so happy for the update. He is just a sweetheart. Glad that he's doing as well as he is under these circumstances. 
    Stay strong. 
  • @chelswcu12 He is so handsome and the name is so unique, I love it!! ❤️
  • Checking in on you @chelswcu12 ♥️ I've been thinking about you and sweet Dobri! How are you and little man doing?
  • @chelswcu12 hope you and little one are doing well. Hoping for an update soon..
  • So glad to hear your little guy is doing well. He is just too precious ☺️ I’ll be keeping him in my prayers 💙
  • Glad to hear he is making strides. He is so cute!! How are you doing, mama?
  • @chelswcu12 He is adorable! Praying for you all.  
  • @chelswcu12 He's soooooo cute! What a happy update. I hope you're doing well too, and he continues to improve and get stronger. 
  • Glad he's doing well. Continimg to pray.for y'all
  • @chelswcu12 - he is such a cute little guy and looks like such a fighter!  So happy he is doing well and continued prayers he keeps thriving and fighting.  
  • Awwwww I love his octopus. So glad that he is doing better than expected and you're trucking along. 
  • @chelswcu12, that's fantastic news that Dobri is off the vent and cpap!! He is getting stronger everyday!! I have been thinking about your family a lot.  I know how draining it can be to be a NICU mom.  I know it's hard to think of anything else, but I hope you are also able to take care of yourself as needed - take a walk outside of the NICU, go out to dinner with your husband, shower, etc.  Are you rooming in with him at the hospital?  Sending lots of love and good thoughts that Dobri continues to get stronger and that he's able to graduate and come home sooner than later!
  • @chelswcu12 oh he is just the cutest, and I love his octopus! Glad to hear he’s getting stronger-that’s amazing that he’s off the vent and cpap! I know this is a very long road for you, but you are doing amazing! I hope you are healing, as well, and able to find some moments for yourself-much easier said than done, I know. I’ve been thinking about you and am sending all the love and prayers for continued growth and healing!! 💙
  • Thank you all so much 💙💙💙
  • @chelswcu, sending you prayers and strength! So glad to hear he is making progress. 💕
  • oh @chelswcu12 this is the best update post! Look at him grow! 😍 what a day.he looks fantastic. How are you feeling lately?
  • @chelswcu12 what a great update! So glad he’s doing well. Keep growing strong little man! What a cutie 😍

Also, we’re in the process of migrating to Facebook - I hope you’ll join. Just post in the private group thread and check your inbox for the invite link. 
  • @chelswcu12 How amazing! He looks like he's doing a "hi-YA!" motion. What a cutie patootie. Hope you're feeling ok! Come join us on Facebook.
  • Yay, look at him all bright eyed! So happy to see this update! And yes, please join us on Facebook :) 
  • he is so precious! I’m so glad that he is doing better!!!