Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 10-16&17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: WTO Weekend 10-16&17

• edited October 2021
    I never do the dailies because... my ttc life doesn't usually work this way. But what the heck I'll kick off the weekend for y'all.

Month/Cycle: too many/roughly 3 years

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: all the supplements, cycle tracking, usually the medical interventions of an ivf clinic, and this cycle, hopefully, an at-home insemination with the aid of a friend/known donor. i'm basically just killing time til my next retrieval in november

R/R: this morning was supposed to be my first day of temping this cycle but i was off-and-on awake starting at 3am and so my temp this morning is basically useless. also i am officially exhausted and my day hasn't even started yet. // i'm planning to take a couple of hours away from lecture prep today to prepare a garden bed and plant some garlic for harvest next summer!

CS/Q: nope

History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • @optimistgardener thanks for starting this! And for coming to hang out in the dailies! I’m sorry your temps are starting off rocky, I've definitely had cycles like that. Hopefully one off temp doesn’t affect anything in the long run. Have a good time gardening! What variety(s) of garlic do you grow?

Month/Cycle: 5/5AL

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: ntnp, & bbt to track lp

R/R: I’m still just tidying my house and rearranging all the Halloween/fall decor I put up already. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I met my SIL this morning at target and we were there almost 2 hours… and things I bought had a pretty significant coupon on target circle that mh never told me about and then was mad I didn’t use. All the eyerolls.

CS/Q: 

• Loading the player...
  • @paytonpedro oh i lurk the dailies all the time, so i get to see what y'all are up to and am kinda jealous! I just never contribute because i'm mostly either benched, on bc, or doing weird things with needles. I just got my garlic in, which is half a repeat from my successful crop i harvested this summer and half a new type. If i name the varieties I'll give away my locale to too close a vicinity, so we'll just say they're hyper-local from a nearby farm and i'm so excited to see how they both do. the cleanup in order to put them in was messy as i had to pull out a bunch of freshly dead tomato plants that withered in our first hard frost about a week ago. it was slimy tomato city! your trip to target this morning sounds fun! got any fall-oriented cooking projects in mind? i'm beginning to think i might need to make a big soup.
    History
  • @optimistgardener I don’t think we’ve gotten a frost yet so my tomato plants are still going. But ripping them out isn’t fun! Especially if they’re slimy. Yuck lol. That’s nice that you get such a local variety of garlic. We have a garlic festival in my general area that I don’t go to, but my mil does and she always brings back different and fancy varieties. Some are really hot! What do you do with all the garlic you grow? Do you make your own garlic powder?
    Tonight we had pizza and wings haha. So not today. But I did recently make chili. I still have so many veggies (ugh and a bizillion tomatoes) though that I’m thinking another beef veggie soup is going to be on the menu for next week. If it was up to me I’d eat soup every day. I really want something like a beer cheese or cheddar broccoli but I usually get vetoed. I made a spaghetti squash out of my garden for dinner yesterday that was fabulous. 
  • @optimistgardener happy to see you here!! Fresh garlic sounds lovely!

@paytonpedro I haven't even put up my Halloween stuff yet!! Bummer about the coupon.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: FET

R/R: Feeling slightly better today. I made some brownies last night and totally cheated on my diet. Oh well. I start PIO shots tomorrow and am slightly terrified.

CS/Q: nope.

TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• edited October 2021
    @paytonpedro love your tomatoes while you've still got them! i've got a countertop completely covered in tomatoes that i rescued right before the frost... just waiting for them all to finish going red now so i can do one last batch of sauce to put in the freezer. As for the garlic, I just braid it up and then take a bulb off whenever i need it. they stay fresh for a really long time if you keep them away from direct light. apparently i didn't grow nearly enough garlic last year because i'm already down to my last few bulbs (admittedly i did give away a couple of braids as well).
    hey @shortstack930 whaaaat. why are you tempting me with your brownies. i am so jealous. as for your PIO shots you'll do fine! thinking about it is way worse than actually doing it.

History
  • @optimistgardener sending you some virtual brownies!! Just did the first PIO and you’re right—the anticipation was WAY worse than the actual shot. I stood there for like five minutes staring at the needle and trying to work up the courage and finally DH gave me a countdown and I just did it. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• edited October 2021
    @shortstack930 i recently told a male friend about all the shots we do and i swear he almost fainted just hearing about them. we're 💪. PIO is particularly psychologically challenging in the lead up but it turns out we don't have a lot of nerve endings in the deep muscle tissue of our butts. thank goodness. :)
    ETA thanks so much for the virtual brownies! i could really do with a brownie this weekend.
    History