Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 10.11

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What will your kid(s) dress up as for Halloween? Do you do family coordinated costumes? 

Re: TFAS w/o 10.11

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3AL

WTO/TWW? TWW, aka longest time ever

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 this Friday!

Any thoughts about this cycle? Still don't know what to think as the sickness really messed with my temps and such, so we shall see.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? The results from DS preschool eval are rolling in. I am so at a loss for how to interpret them. They all state that he is right where he should be and everything he is doing is age appropriate, but that they still want to recommend him to the program, which is really all that I really want. We have our meeting tomorrow morning so I can't wait to hear how it all goes. I was really wanting him to start school next week, but need to figure out the process. 

GTKY: What will your kid(s) dress up as for Halloween? Do you do family coordinated costumes? DS is going to be a robot! He asked for it this year and I found a cute one on Amazon, and he loves it. DH HATES Halloween so it's doubtful we'd ever do a family one, but I would love to at some point down the line.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1/1 AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? Good timing, *TW*  but TTCAL keeps me from being super hopeful

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? My DD has never been one to pretend to be a mom or play house with baby dolls, but she has just recently started pretending that she has little siblings. It is both adorable and heartbreaking.

GTKY: What will your kid(s) dress up as for Halloween? Do you do family coordinated costumes? DD is going to be a princess. I asked if she wanted to be a specific princess (Elsa, Rapunzel, etc.) and she looked at me like I was crazy, so generic princess it is! She asked me to be a queen but then told her Dad he had to be a ghost. He likely won’t actually dress up.

@tessiesmom26 Happy birthday to your DS!

• Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? I guess still technically waiting for cycle 1 to start

WTO/TWW? WFAF

Ages of other child(ren)? 10 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nada

Any questions? I exclusively pumped for 9 months for DD and finished weaning  5.5 weeks ago... but AF has yet to show up. How long after you finished breastfeeding did your period return? 

Rant/Rave? Just ordered some really cute fall outfits from Kate Quinn's price point sale!

GTKY: What will your kid(s) dress up as for Halloween? Do you do family coordinated costumes? She is going to be a chicken/duck. Found it at Marshall's and it was too cute to pass up. I think DH and I will dress up as farmers. 

@tessiesmom26 - How did your meeting go? 

@abjm0325 - generic princess sounds like it'll be easier/cheaper to find! 
  • @feather_heather Yes! She just wants to use clothes from her dress up box, so I am not mad about the money savings. As for the breastfeeding question, my period returned when I was down to 1 or 2 feedings a day, so I don't have great insight into your situation. You definitely could still be ovulating already though, not sure if you temped or did OPKs recently to check. 
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 11/2 AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 in December

Any thoughts about this cycle? eh, doubtful, not great timing

Any questions? nada

Rant/Rave? boo, lost out on my ebay bidding for an ava bracelet. still working on fb marketplace negotiations, my irrational brain is like you're gonna blow $150 on this and then not need it, so don't rush, but also if i want to try and use it for next cycle i need it like now. 

GTKY: What will your kid(s) dress up as for Halloween? Do you do family coordinated costumes? a cat! and nope.

@feather_heather so mine came back 9 mos PP and i was still nursing/pumping a good 6x a day at that point.
    @abjm0325 i'm big on the shop your closet costume - my dd will be wearing a sweater and leggings we have, and i'm making her cat ears. need to sort out a tail.
    @tessiesmom26 ooh, fingers crossed for school for your son!
  • @abjm0325 and @anniemarie887 my cycles were a hot mess when we were trying the first time, so I'm sure it'll be the same again this time. My RE said if it doesn't show up by November 1st he'll give me a script to make it come, so just a waiting game until then. 

@anniemarie887 - bummer about the ava bracelet! I used one for awhile the first time (until we started the IVF process, then it was pointless). It was super helpful not having to wake up at the same time everyday to temp. Their platform sucks though - so I always input the temps into Fertility Friend for charting. 
  • @feather_heather my period came back 4 months post partum while I was exclusively pumping. Is there any chance you could be pregnant?
  • @abjm0325 Generic princess for the win! Sounds so cute!
    @feather_heather I EPed for DS but I got my period back pretty quickly PP so I am no help there. Your Halloween costumes sound so cute!
    @anniemarie887 I'm sorry you didn't win the bid! I hope one of the marketplace sales works out!

I had the call for DS' s school this morning and while it was a TON of information, it went really well! They are recommending that he attend 3 times a week for 2.5 hours a day. He will be pulled out on Mon and Fri to work one on one with the Speech Language Pathologist which I am SO THANKFUL for!! He really needs it, so I am happy that he will get that time. Now I just have to get through the rest of this week! We have his last EI appt tonight, his birthday Friday, his party on Saturday and hopefully starting school next week!! So much going on right now, it's hard to keep things straight, but it should all settle soon. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Hi everyone! First time jumping in on this thread.

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 8 & 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? No. Just continually anxious about my AMA.

Any questions? Not today.

Rant/Rave? Mixed feelings about my age and how old the kids are but hoping that they'd be stoked to take care of their theoretical new sibling. I just looked at DS today and was like "You're so big!!!!!" and he just looked at me and shrugged and was like, "I'm eight now, Mom." 

GTKY: What will your kid(s) dress up as for Halloween? Do you do family coordinated costumes? No idea what they'll be this year. They are with their dad (XH) for Halloween this year so it's out of my hands. We've never done family costumes but I wear a dinosaur hat when I answer the door to trick-or-treaters.

@tessiesmom26 That's great news about the speech pathology!

@abjm0325 Generic princess sounds perfect! And my DD always calls me 'the queen' which she got I-don't-know-where but I love it 😂 Are you going to dress up as a queen?

@feather_heather I nursed them both for over 2 years and both times AF came back when they were about 1.5.

@anniemarie887 I hope you got the bracelet you were hunting!
  • @bows22 - that thought crossed my mind so I took a test last week and it was negative.

@tessiesmom26 - That is great news that he will get all that time with the speech pathologist! 
  • @feather_heather aw man haha. I couldn’t remember your IF diagnosis but then after I typed that I saw where you put you had weird cycles in the past. I hope things start moving for you soon!
  • @bows22 - yeah my bloodwork before said I was borderline PCOS - so I'm sure that's the cause!