Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 10/11

Comforting baby loss quotes  MotherampBaby

Sending lots of extra love to everyone this month ❤️❤️

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.**

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions? 

GTKY: what's your favorite warm beverage to consume on a chilly day?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TTCAL w/o 10/11

• Good lord don't google "strength after pregnancy loss" for images to add to this thread. I think half were related to post-partum weight loss! Not what I was looking for :#
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I’m joining in here for the first time, howdy 👋 

Status: TWW, 3DPO, first cycle trying again after an early miscarriage in August.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? I am struggling with the TWW already, and it’s only just begun. I am grateful and happy to see that I ovulated this month, go ovaries! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No, but I just got a letter from my OBGYN saying that they are no longer doing obstetrics, so I need to start that search…

Questions? Does anyone else feel more pressure about making a baby after their loss? Is it normal, and does it ease with time? 

GTKY: what's your favorite warm beverage to consume on a chilly day? I am a big tea drinker, and my favorite is a good London fog
  • Loading the player...
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC @ 8 weeks in Aug. 2021

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Meh, going okay. I’m not feeling hopeful this cycle even though our timing was decent. Maybe I just won’t feel hopeful again because of the loss? I definitely feel more cautious all around, so maybe this pessimism is just another coping strategy.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope, just testing this weekend or WFAF (due early next week)

Questions? Does TTC ever feel “normal” again? I can’t tell if I’m too close to the MC or if this is just how I’ll process TTC now.  

GTKY: what's your favorite warm beverage to consume on a chilly day? Ooh, I like a London fog too @maggiemadeit, but jasmine tea is my favorite, so I love a jasmine fog when available.

@maggiemadeit I definitely feel more pressure now. This is my first cycle TTC after my MC though, so I am not a good judge of if that feeling will ease over time. Good luck finding a new OB! I really love my midwife practice if that’s an option you’re considering in the transition. I get a lot more time with the actual midwives than I ever did with the doctors at my OB office.

• @maggiemadeit yes and no, i did feel some angst re the whole they say you're more likely to conceive in the 3 mos post loss, and then thinking my OB was in the camp of sit a cycle out, so a bit of like oh shit i only have 2 mos! which is completely irrational thought train.
    @abjm0325 i think i am in your camp about wondering if it will feel normal again, in july i told my OB i wasn't losing sleep yet, but i am maybe starting to inch that way. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es),
    diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. CP in Sept 2021

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? generally speaking going well, always random things i would like to be better i.e. not being so damn tired. MH was away all weekend and it's always such a reminder how much he does around the house, i'm very lucky we have a great division of labor and very glad he is home.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? nope

Questions? i am thinking more re temping - i would need to get an ava bracelet, i don't have the discipline to actually temp. i've got enough in my HSA for it, but also looking at used ones on fb bc they're half the price.

GTKY: what's your favorite warm beverage to consume on a chilly day? ooh just a nice cappuccino. i do enjoy tea, but def lean more coffee.
  • @maggiemadeit I had a panic trying to find an OB because my current one stopped delivering babies years ago (so I guess he does just gynecology now?). My friend recommended me the place she goes to and so far it's been good besides how they bill me but that's not important here. Do you have friends or family you could ask for recommendations?

I actually felt less pressure TTCAL when we started again, but I got unexpectedly pregnant naturally after years of IF so honestly a weight had been lifted from my shoulders knowing pregnancy was possible. I basically felt like we were starting all over again like it was cycle 1. I had more hope than devastation from it (not that I wasn't ever upset about it!). By the time cycle 4-5 came around though I was back to being super anxious about conceiving since it was 5 months after bailing on an embryo transfer last year (covid) that I got KU. I think it's pretty normal to be anxious. Either because we feel the need to make up for lost time, or from the fear of it happening again.

@abjm0325 sounds like you're still in the grieving process. But maybe you do just need to be far enough removed to feel normal again. Only time will tell I suppose.

@anniemarie887 how much is a regular priced Ava bracelet? I like the idea, but idk about that cost you know? Too bad they can't just make a fitbit or something that's already measuring your HR and sleep patterns also take your temp for you haha

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Coming up on the 1 year anniversary of my MC in Oct 2020 (10/23 specifically)

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things are fine. Still frustrated about my insurance. We'll get there... trying to exercise patience here

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Saline sono on Friday, hopefully getting blood work done by next week but who knows.

Questions? Nope

GTKY: what's your favorite warm beverage to consume on a chilly day? Hot chocolate. In the fall I add apple cider into my rotation. Tea is kind of year round for me if I'm feeling it.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 NIB $259, i am currently messaging 2 ppl on fb marketplace about them. and yes, like hellllo apple you track everything but temp, c'mon now! 

• @anniemarie887 Yeah, it makes sense that the TWW would feel different after a loss, but I guess I hadn’t really thought about that before now. Hope you’re able to get one of the Ava bracelets!

@inthewoods23 Thank you for the insight. I know everything about this process require patience and time, it’s just hard to wait it out sometimes.   

• I really kick myself sometimes for all the lurking I do in the 1st Trimester board. I'm not bothered by other people's ultrasounds and most conversation that happens there, but there's something about reading "baby has a good heartbeat" that really bums me out sometimes. I know why - we had a really low heartbeat (between 80-90) at the appointment 5 days before my MC when I was measuring over a week behind. Just gotta keep looking forward and not dwell on it too much.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause