Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 10/6

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Wednesday 10/6

• Month/Cycle: 1/1 AL

CD/DPO: 15/2 (despite filling this out every day, I still have to check my app for this every time)

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 12ish

Testing: WFAF

R/R: My university is discontinuing their mask mandate today. This makes me feel more vulnerable and definitely makes my job harder with additional things that now need to be done for this change. I’m stressing out and feeling like this decision was made due to social pressures and not because it was actually in the public health interest. If 18-22 year-olds had more common sense about health matters in general I might feel better about this decision, but alas, they do not.

On a more positive note, I am drinking a delightful cup of maple pecan coffee this morning. Mmmm.

CS/Q: Nope

• @abjm0325 I also have to check the app each time to make sure I have the date right.

Month/Cycle: 3/3AL

CD/DPO: 15/3

Timing: O-2

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: Not even going to lie, I am a testing freak. Trying to hold out to at least 10 DPO

R/R: Ugh right in the middle of FW DH and I both got sick. This is the first real cold I've had since the beginning of Covid. I tested negative, but this was the first time I went to test for actual symptoms and not as a precaution. Hoping that our one time during the window could have been enough, but also being realistic that those chances are slim. Being sick is the worst. I am also back to work today after two days off and feeling really sluggish and cloudy, so I am extra cranky. 

CS/Q: Have a high temp due to low grade fever in there that's making it all sorts of funky..

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 22/9

Timing: -3, -1, +1

Typical LP length: 12, maybe

Testing: Monday 10/11

R/R: Woke up today just not in the mood for anything. Been feeling nauseous all day so far. 

CS/Q:

@abjm0325 - i feel you there. I work in healthcare and I don't know if they'll ever allow us not to wear a mask, but honestly I much prefer it! And, I also have to check dates and such!

@tessiesmom26 - feel better soon! being sick is so dreadful!

Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • @tessiesmom26 Ugh, being sick is the worst and even more annoying when it interrupts FW. Hopefully that one time is enough!

@ajsanders-2 Healthcare workers are the MVPs!  Hopefully being nauseous today is a good sign of things to come.
  • @abjm0325 Sorry the mask reversal is causing you extra stress. That’s kind of surprising. Even with delta already peaking, there’s still such high transmission out there. I know how difficult it is to work through changing policies all the time, I wish I had advice for you. Sounds like you understand risks really well though so I hope you’re able to get through ok!
    @tessiesmom26 Sorry to hear about the cold :( Hope you continue to be on the mend.
    @ajsanders-2 Sorry today is not your day. I can feel myself tending towards my own funk. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Month/Cycle: 6/5

CD/DPO: 22/3

Timing: -4, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 11

Testing: Planning to wait for AF as of now

R/R: Scheduled an appointment to get my phone screen replaced. The cracks are somehow activating the touchscreen and causing mass chaos if my phone isn’t on a perfectly flat surface while I use it. I’m also once again having career thoughts. I’m not sure what to expect for DH’s job in a few months so I don’t really want to apply for anything. But I do want to start thinking about what comes next after I finish my MBA in December. Certificate? Another degree? Leadership program of some type (which I typically suspect are money grabs)? My best option in my current company is to stay in my role during our $100MM capacity investment. But that means two more years here and I’m not sure I have it in me. Siiiigh. 

CS/Q: FF gave me CH today. Still not as high as my post O temps usually are by about half a degree but I once again got woken up by DH before 6. Seems better for me to temp early than after on/off sleep for an hour though. Either way I think it’s safe to say O did happen. Anyone know if a lower temp shift is indicative of something?

• @abjm0325 hand sanitizer is my new bff. I like not having to wear a mask but yeah... Not taking chances with other people's germs.

@tessiesmom26 I've read -2 timing is the most successful. FX!

@pinkkillersheep I think your phone is long past being usable. That would drive me nuts!

Month/Cycle: 11 AL

CD/DPO: 29/12

Timing: unsuccessful

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: BFN the other day, just WFAF

R/R: I am somehow still surviving being on my own. One of the sales managers during a Teams meeting mentioned that I did sound run down. Clearly! Lol. This just really sucks because I'm feeling even deeper in the hole of just doing the minimum to get by without having the time to really dedicate to other things. Eh. I might just take a random day off in the middle of next week.

CS/Q: chart still looks great! Gold star to myself for something that doesn't matter anymore 😂
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @pinkkillersheep What would you ultimately love to do after finishing your education? I think that might help you decide if you need to do any additional education after the MBA.

@inthewoods23 I agree that no mask sounds nice in theory! I’m just around a lot of people during the day and that makes me nervous. It sounds like you have definitely earned that day off next week.

• @ajsanders-2 Sorry you are having a rough day. Hope things turn around quickly for you.
    @pinkkillersheep I have thought so much about returning to school to get my MBA. I can totally understand not wanting to jump ship now, but I think I would still peak around. Never hurts to look right? Maybe the right thing will fall into your lap!
    @inthewoods23 I totally vote for random day off. I was contemplating it myself, but then this cold had me out for two days so I can't really take one now. Self care days for the win! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @abjm0325 yep. You’re not alone. I have to check my app every single day to see what cd/dpo I am. Lol. You can still wear a mask though? Right? Is there a vaccine mandate at your school too? I’m sorry that’s making you anxious. Also, that coffee sounds great! I’ve been indulging in a maple k cup that has been heavenly!

@tessiesmom26 I’m sorry you’re feeling cruddy. I had a cold this week too, but I think I’m finally on the mend. I hope you’re feeling better soon!! 

@ajsanders-2 I’m sorry you’re not feeling well today. I hope it’s just the progesterone that’s making you feel lousy and you’re not getting sick. 

@pinkkillersheep ugh bummer about your phone. Have you had to put clear take on it to keep the glass out of your fingers. That’s super fun 😑. I’m glad you’re getting it fixed!! And I hope that goes smoothly! Have you tried making lists to try and sort through what your next step could be? Sometimes, somehow, just having it all writing down in front of me helps me see things clearly.

@inthewoods23 if you’re just 12dpo could you have just tested too early? I’m sorry you’re feeling so run down  I definitely know the feeling  I hope you so take a random day next week and I hope it is relaxing both mentally and physically  you deserve it!

Month/Cycle: 5/4AL

CD/DPO: 20/8dpo

Timing: -2,-1,0

Typical LP length: 10/11 days

Testing: maybe tomorrow because I enjoy torturing myself… what’s the word for that? 

R/R: I went and got my hair done this morning and I feel like a whole new person! It’s not even that different but there’s just something about it that makes me feel so incredibly fresh and confident! My girlfriend does my hair, and (referring to the recent randoms convo) I don’t even really tell her what I want. I just say “lower than low lights” and I am always thrilled with the outcome. It’s also just so nice catching up with her because I don’t see her too often because, you know, life. We’re trying to plan a double date to a local brewery so that should be fun!!

CS/Q: 

• @paytonpedro Masochist. You're a masochist.  :D  As far as your comment to me, yes, I can still wear a mask and will do so. No vaccine mandate here, so that definitely adds to my concern. Hoping we don't see a jump in cases in the next few weeks. 
  • @abjm0325 yep. That’s it. I was trying to tell mh when he asked when I was testing last night but could not for the life of me, think of the word. Lol. 
    I’m sorry. That’s really difficult. I’m definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping all the students make smart choices. 
  • @tessiesmom26 I’m definitely glad I did it just because I haven’t had the chance to learn some of the forward facing aspects of a business. I’ve always been on the production side. But it was definitely a huge time commitment!
    @inthewoods23 Your idea to take a day off stuck in my head and now I want a day off too! Life’s exhausting and I need to check out for a bit. Hope you’re able to carve out a break for yourself soon.
    @paytonpedro That’s awesome you’re friends with your hair stylist. I said goodbye to mine yesterday and about cried because it’s probably the last time I’ll see him since he’s moving out of state soon. I hope you find time for your double date! As far as thinking next steps for me, I know I want to stay close to operations/production management. But I’m not sure what can make me more competitive in looking for advancement, you know? Like there’s no checklist of experiences to accomplish.