Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? 

Re: Weekly Check-in: week of 10/4

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: Last fertility clinic appointment tomorrow. Then it’s on to the regular OB appointments the week after next. 

How are you feeling?: Nauseous 24/7. From the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep I’m just trying not to throw up. Also been super tired. Bedtime has been 8pm (or earlier) the last few weeks. 

Rants/Raves: Since we did an FET, family keeps bugging us to tell them if we are pregnant or not. DH and I really want to keep it to ourselves until at least 12 weeks but family is actually calling us selfish for not sharing now. The few who DO know keep asking the gender and giving us a hard time about not sharing. I wish people would accept that we will share what we want when we want.

Questions: When do you stop worrying about every little thing your body does? I can’t stop my head from going straight to the worst case scenario every time something slightly changes. 

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? We had FET with PGT so there’s no guessing for us :)
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/7- 9w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow finally! 

How are you feeling?: nauseous, and so tired, still have some soreness in my breast.

Rants/Raves: rave for my husband and kids they let me sleep in yesterday. It was amazing 

Questions: When do you ladies remember using the pregnancy pillow?

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? I have no clue I want a boy , I keep thinking girl. But we are team green this time around. It’s going to be our last I want that surprise. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @kma21514 idk about the others but I always worry until delivery - as we know it’s usually nothing but it’s still nerve wracking

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm so sorry your family is being so pushy @kma21514 and calling you selfish for not sharing. I wish more people understand that it's your pregnancy and you'll tell them when you're ready. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 4th / 9w5d

Upcoming Appointments: 10/13 to hear the heartbeat! It was too early to hear it at our 9w appt, so my midwife scheduled this one to give us peace of mind. 

How are you feeling?: I'm shocked that I'm already about to be 10 weeks! My food aversions were really bad at the start of the week, but they've been slightly better the past couple of days. It does seem like heartburn and headaches have taken their place, but those bug me less than hating every single food. 

Rants/Raves: I went to a wedding on Saturday and felt really good for the majority of the time. I was nervous I'd feel awful, but I think seeing everyone and being active was a really good distraction!

Questions: None ATM

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? I'm thinking boy. For the past three years at my company, every person who has had a baby (10 total) has had a girl, so I'm hoping to be the first one to kick off the boy trend! 
  • Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: May 20, 7w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4thTM

Upcoming Appointments: October 19

How are you feeling?: Nauseous and exhausted 

Rants/Raves: This time around feels the hardest. Maybe that’s because I haven’t been pregnant in over 8 years, but man I’m just feeling all the symptoms!

Questions: What are the more recent baby gear items? Feeling like a FTM with so many new things! 

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? I think it’s going to be a girl, but I don’t care either way. 
  • 9w5d

FTM

Genetic testing and second ultrasound Oct 27

I was so, so nauseas and sick every day weeks 5-9, and now suddenly I’m not nauseas at all. It feels early for symptoms like that to be gone, so I’m feeling super paranoid something is wrong! 

We’ve made our registry but haven’t bought anything but cute onesies yet!

My husband is convinced we are having a girl, but I think it will be a boy!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9w5d - May 4

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: Nuchal on 10/21 (but I do have bloodwork on Wednesday to see when I can stop the progesterone shots and estrogen patches)

How are you feeling?: Tired, heartburn, gas, some nausea

Rants/Raves: I already ranted in randoms about my issues with my daycare so won't bore everyone again here. :)

Questions: None

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? We think a boy but we're going to wait until my 20 week anatomy scan to find out (or maybe we'll be Team Green again). When we transferred DD's embryo last time our RE asked if we cared about the baby's sex and we did not, nor did we want to know (Team Green all the way, which I really enjoyed). But since we only had two PGS tested embryos and one turned out to be a girl (DD), we're pretty convinced this one is a boy--although when we mentioned this to our RE the other week he said "not to read too much into his previous statement." So who knows! I'd be happy either way. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7 weeks 2 day 5/22

Upcoming Appointments: 10/13

How are you feeling?: I had the worst headache all day yesterday thankfully it seems to be gone today! I have some nausea randomly but doing ok.

Rants/Raves: I’m just ready for my first ultrasound to confirm. I keep taking pregnancy tests because I’m always anxious.

Questions: N/A

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? I’m guessing boy bc we have 2 boys already. But my husband thinks it’s a girl. Either way will be so exciting, I’m obsessed with my boys but to dress a girl would be a nice change! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/1 10w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: did the nipt yeaterdy and nc scan on 10/18

How are you feeling?: I’m scared to say this but i think I’ve turned a corner. I’m still tired but not as exhausted. I did have a lot of pain still on my left chest side with quick jabs of pain. Enough to call my dr to tell them and they sent me to Er. Hours later and many monitoring (and I’m sure hundreds of dollars later) they came to the conclusion that it’s a pulled muscle or pinched nerve. So I’ve been babying that side and avoiding living or stretching - it’s getting better but still hurts. 

Rants/Raves: i guess part of the nice is a rant. I’m off today so doing a good grocery shopping and meal planning day. I’ve strayed from that the last few weeks and it throws me off going on the fly for dinner. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? I’m thinking boy since i feel different this time around. The Chinese gender chart says girl though. I looked up DDs prediction and it said boy and she ended up being a boy. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 23 / 7 weeks 1 day

Upcoming Appointments: 10/28 for genetic tests and 11/11 for 2nd sonogram!

How are you feeling?: Nauseous and tired, by 4pm I have to nap or I feel like I'll die. Slightly nervous, had our 1st sonogram yesterday and saw the baby and heard the heartbeat which was amazing. But the tech seemed to think the baby was smaller than 7 weeks and kept asking questions about my cycle regularity. In the end the Dr said nothing to worry about but I can't help but wonder if the baby isn't growing like it should be. 

Rants/Raves: Just so thankful that I got to see my baby and hear its heartbeat yesterday. Put the sonogram pics up on the fridge but will have to remember to take down if anyone comes over. I just love seeing them! 

Questions: NOTM

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? I think a boy but really have no idea. There are only 2 grandchildren on either side of our families and both are girls. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/19, 7+5

Upcoming Appointments: US next Monday 

How are you feeling?: Better than I have been, which makes me a little nervous. Just get me to next week!

Rants/Raves: I have meetings from 10-3 today. Super excited about this 😑 this morning DD and I had a coffee date after her pediatrician appointment, which was fun. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? Boy since I felt nothing with DD and have had symptoms this time. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/6, 9+4

Upcoming Appointments: I have a virtual visit with the genetic counselor on 10/15 and then she will order my genetic testing 

How are you feeling?: Gaggy in the mornings, not much else. I didn’t think I was feeling fatigued, but my Fitbit congratulated me on consistently getting to bed earlier 😂 I guess with it getting dark earlier I didn’t really notice that I was going to bed 1-2 hours earlier than I had been!! 

Rants/Raves: DD (6yo) has been having some issues with a kid on the bus and I found out it’s the bus driver’s kid  :s so I’m not super confident that it’s going to be handled appropriately (2nd offense contact the principal, 3rd offense suspended from the bus) so I might have to put on my big girl pants for this one. I hate and usually avoid conflict. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? I think it’s another girl. I guess because my symptoms are the same or a little less than they’ve been with both the girls. I would love another girl because I have ALL of the girl things  :# but would also love a boy because my sister just had a boy this weekend so they would only be about 7 months apart in age! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/16, 8+1

Upcoming Appointments: end of October for NIPT

How are you feeling?: Some form of nausea 24/7, slightly gaggy at times, but nowhere near as bad as with DD. Soooo exhausted all day. And my sciatica started in full force on Sunday so that's like 3-4 ish weeks ahead of when it started with DD 😖

Rants/Raves: rave for DH in taking over toddler duty while we're on vacation. Pool time has been in the afternoon, and being out in the sun just drains me completely so I've been chilling in the shade. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? I have no clue lol. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 11/ 8+6

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments:had my first appt today so won’t have another one til next month

How are you feeling?:symptom wise meh still have nausea almost all day. Was also told that they saw a sch during my ultrasound and may experience some bleeding. Dr didn’t seem too concerned about it but I tend to overthink these things.

Rants/Raves: husband got to come to the ultrasound and we got to see the very active baby and hear the heartbeat (175) so that was reassuring.

Questions: how were your experiences with sch (if you’ve had them)? Anything you did to put your mind at ease?

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? This pregnancy has been pretty different from my first so I am leaning boy but who knows.
  • @And846 I'm sorry to hear about the ER visit! Good on you for calling your doctor to be safe; I hope your insurance comes through and the hundreds of dollars in testing is all on them. 

@addsprinkles521 No advice on the SCH, but my friend has one right now and I know it can be really stressful. It's good that your doctor is telling you not to worry--and it sounds like you haven't had any spotting? As someone who also overthinks everything, I know it can be hard to get out of your head so I'd also say don't hesitate to call or email your OB if you feel you'd do better with more information and confirmation that it's not a concern. I hope it goes away quickly!
  • @Bababatty hi! Can you explain a little more about your last post on the gender? I’ve never heard of this!! What is PGS? I’m so curious!!
  • brookejay06brookejay06 member
    edited October 2021
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 22, 7+2

FTM/STM/TTM+: second 

Upcoming Appointments: next week with my midwife just to be established as a patient. She said we’ll do a US just for fun. 

How are you feeling?: so so so relieved from the US yesterday!!! Physically- my body is tired. I have aches in my uterus area sometimes when I cough or sneeze haha. Headaches. Some food aversions and nausea but nothing terrible. 

Rants/Raves: One positive side of all the pregnancy symptoms… I have boobs again! Haha. My husband always tells me how much he loves my pregnant figure, which is sweet

Questions: 

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? Boy! I just feel different this time. My skin is clear, my nausea isn’t terrible, I want allllll the salty junk food. I know that doesn’t mean anything. But my gut just says boy and I was right the last time :)
  • @Bababatty as of now still no bleeding thankfully. TMI but I religiously check every time I wipe to make sure nothing is there as I am always afraid of something bad happening. Not sure how I would react if I do actually bleed even if I know that more likely than not it would be the sch.
  • @brookejay06 it is part of the ivf process and tests embryos to see if they are genetically normal before implanting them into your body. It also tells you gender of the embryos. (@bababatty hope this is right/ok I answered)
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 18th, 8w

FTM/STM/TTM+: fourth time mom 

Upcoming Appointments: My first appointment is October 13th

How are you feeling?: Tired, slightly nauseous 

Rants/Raves: I'm dreading telling people that I'm pregnant. I'm just expecting negativity because this is our 4th. 

Questions: None 

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? Hoping for a boy so we'll have two of each but I'm guessing it's a girl. I don't want to find out the gender though, I think it would be a nice surprise. 
  • @addsprinkles521  I have a (currently resolving) SCH and had one with my second daughter as well. I haven't had any bleeding this time, but with DD I spotted from it every time I had a bowel movement from 8 weeks until it resolved at 16 weeks. I believe they have to be quite large to pose a risk, but seeing any bleeding is never a comfortable feeling. I hope yours stays small and doesn't give you much trouble. I was told just to avoid lifting and pelvic rest.  
  • @b_1029 Totally fine for you to answer! :)@brookejay06 What @b_1029 is basically it. *TW if needed* PGS stands for preimplantation genetic screening and in our case it was screening for chromosomal abnormalities since those are the primary cause of pregnancy loss. And since it's looking at chromosomes it can also tell you the sex. There's also another version that tests for genetic abnormalities, which we didn't do because the results of our genetic screening prior to IVF showed that we didn't have a risk in that area. 

If you have multiple "PGS-normal" embryos of different sexes, a lot of clinics in the US will give you the option of choosing which one you want to transfer. We had two embryos so with DD we said to just transfer the one that looked the best (all embryos are also graded based on how strong they look but I have no idea how that's determined, lol). But since our doctor asked if we cared about the sex, we just assumed we had one of each. And there you have it! :-D 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8w0d

Upcoming Appointments: Had my first appointment and dating ultrasound on Monday! BB was measuring between 7+4 and 8+1 depending on the angle and we saw the heartbeat! So exciting to think there’s a for real little one.

How are you feeling?: Okay. Been sort of low level nausea all the time but I’ve been eating drinking fine. Boobs are very tender!

Rants/Raves: Told our families and they were so excited! But rant we were going to see my husbands family next week and his sister tested positive for Covid and his parents were exposed, so we can’t risk it now! So upsetting. 

Questions: natm 

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? I don’t know! My husband really wants a girl but I don’t care either way. Our nieces and nephews (all on his side) are evenly split between boys and girls and I have one brother so no trends too guess from our families! We’ll probably find out at the anatomy scan.
  • @Bababatty @b_1029 wow! That is amazing. Thanks for sharing!
  • @hotmessmama53, this is my 4th too! My oldest is 12, then I have a 9 and 8 year old. We told family already and everyone was shocked but excited. We’re going to have to tell everyone soon because I already look huge! Congrats to you! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 17 / 8+1

Upcoming Appointments: it's been a whirlwind the last couple days! I had a US yesterday and midwife appt this morning. Got to see the heartbeat and I was so excited! Little bean had a heartrate of 172, measuring 17mm. Great to see my midwife again. 

How are you feeling?: Very relieved. I had some spotting/bleeding on Saturday so was on call with the midwives and did betas over the weekend. My betas were rising, and obviously seeing the heartbeat yesterday was amazing. My ultrasound showed that I have an SCH which was the cause of the bleed. Midwife isn't concerned but we'll keep an eye on it. Otherwise, sore boobs, nausea, fatigue.

Rants/Raves: lol see above.

Questions: natm

GTKY: what gender are you predicting? Last time I thought for the longest time we were having a girl, and then I figured I was wrong (which turned out right!). So I have no idea this time.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  revised to May 18 based on dating ultrasound. So, almost 8 weeks. 

Upcoming Appointments:  had my first appointment and dating ultrasound on Tuesday.  Little bean had a strong heartbeat (they don't calculate at my practice) and everything looked "perfect" the size was behind my estimate in tracking my cycle.  It's possible that I ovulated later than j thought of course but...well I just worry.  Like, it's almost Olympic levels of worry. 

How are you feeling?: Nausea has been better the last few days, probably because I started B6, but see above reference to worry.  So many headaches! I gave broken down and taken Tylenol a few days. 

Rants/Raves: Relieved to see that heartbeat. I was sad that I didn't get to hear it though. I will be anxious until 2nd trimester and (🤞) low risk results for NIPT. 

Questions: anyone with experience with their little nugget measuring 5 days or so behind? I am looking for reasurrance.

GTKY: what gender are you predicting?  I prefer not to predict. With our first we let it be a surprise, which was lovely. with the last and with this one we will find out with NIPT. Then I will know how much of our hand me down stok to keep 🤣.  Honestly, either likely sex would be lovely - 3 boys would be fun to see and I would enjoy a girl as well. 
  • @jandawg a SCH can be stressful.  I hope it heals quickly
  • @gadzooks_3 hi! Commenting on your Q about dating…
    Based on my LMP I should be 8 weeks, but I know in general when I ovulated and I ovulated a bit late. I am measuring at 7 weeks. I really do think this is totally normal. I got a positive ovulation test on day 19 of my cycle (compared to the “average” day 14), but even then I don’t think I ovulated until 2 or 3 days after the positive test. Which puts me about a week behind the LMP date! So it sounds very normal to me that you could be 5 days behind. 
  • @gadzooks_3 the current bb has measured 1-2 days smaller than the *only* day we DTD and could have conceived. So either implanted 1-2 days later, or is actually just going to be a smaller babe. 
    With my 2nd DD, the dating ultrasound showed her 8 days smaller than what I had calculated by cycle. It was scary, they changed my due date 8 days later than I thought, I was certain it was wrong. I spent my pregnancy believing I would deliver a week before when they told me I was due. Lo and behold she was born the day after they changed her due date to, so now I’m more inclined to actually believe I ovulated a week later than I had thought *face palm at myself*
  • @gadzooks_3 our little bean is measuring about 5 days behind where I should be based on LMP- I should be 9w5d but according the to dating US I’m measuring 9w today. I have to go back for a growth scan and I guess from there they will adjust the EDD. I’m with ya on the worry this is a first for me and this is my 3rd. But same as you we saw the strong HB so I have that as comfort. 

BabyFetus Ticker