Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 10/5

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Tuesday 10/5

• Month/Cycle: 5/4AL

CD/DPO: 19/7dpo

Timing: -2,-1,0

Typical LP length: 10/11 days

Testing: I keep saying if af is late more to convince myself to wait. 

R/R: I have so much brain fog it’s ridiculous. I feel like I’m at the mental capacity of an 80 year old. Surely it’s because I’ve always got so much on my mind, but like how do I make it stop?! Seriously, does anyone know??

CS/Q: 

• Month/Cycle: 1/1 AL

CD/DPO: 14/1

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 11-12

Testing: WFAF

R/R: I’m going to go ahead and jump in here since I think O was yesterday (and I tend to spend a little less time in the TWW anyway with a shorter LP). I saw that autumn squash soup is back for the season at Panera and now I’m dreaming about when I can get it. I have an unhealthy love of that soup.

CS/Q: Nope

@paytonpedro When I’m having a foggy day, I make sure to write down everything I need to do/ remember. That seems to free up some of my brain space since it can stop trying to remember all the things for me. Stay strong for at least a few more days on waiting to test!  ;)

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 21/8

Timing: -3, -2, +1

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: 10/11 (that's when AF is due)

R/R: I'm really enjoy the cool WI weather, but yesterday was all rainy (which is nice as well), but made of a long, long day!

CS/Q: 

@paytonpedro - if someone figures that out, they need to let everyone know! Because I feel that on a deep level!

@abjm0325 - OMG is it! I need that soup like STAT!

Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • @paytonpedro I think meditation is supposed to help, plus it's relaxing. Maybe you can try a guided meditation app or some youtube videos? I find it's easier to concentrate overall if I periodically let my brain just not work for a bit.

@abjm0325 I have some butternut squash in the freezer to make soup eventually. Ive never had it before so I don't know if we'll like it or not.

@ajsanders-2 rainy days can be nice pnce in a while!

Month/Cycle: 12/11

CD/DPO: 25/5

Timing: O-1

Typical LP length: 10-11 days

Testing: wfaf maybe

R/R: I was supposed to have an exam this morning, but I, half the class AND the professor got stuck in traffic so it's moved. Extra time to study, thank goodness. Today starts the crunch part of my week with 90% of my school stuff between now and Thursday. 

CS/Q: nothing exciting 

• @abjm0325 love Panera but I’m afraid to try that soup! I’m not a huge squash person. Although I love the cozy fall feel it gives off. Lol. I have dry erase boards in my kitchen I use, but then I find myself walking in there and forgetting why. Ugh. And testing I knowwww. Lol. I’m at the point in my cycle where I quickly loose my patience to wait. Lol. But I know it’s near impossible to get a test before 9dpo so I usually wait until then or after. I also have a shorter lp so if it’s going to happen it has to happen early. 

@ajsanders-2 I’ve tried looking into supplements but there’s really no science. Omega 3 & dha are supposed to help but like hello, prenatals! And I haven’t noticed a difference at all. Our weather sounds just like yours and I’m also not minding at all! I have a giant long sleeve shirt collection (like simply southern style) so I live for this weather!

@fantasyflyte I have tried that and like guided daily devotionals but I just find my mind wondering and I get bored really fast. 
    I hope these next couple days go smoothly for you! And I hope you can find time to catch your breath and put your feet up! What luck with that exam being moved! Were you all prepared or are you thankful for these couple extra study days? I’m still loving (and chuckling) that ff picked up your ovulation! That app is really magic. I just remember you saying poor ff won’t know what to do with this, and alas, look at that! 
  • @ajsanders-2 YES!!!

@fantasyflyte I have made several variations on squash soup at home as well with varying levels of success. I tend to love it though, as it is creamy and can be sweet/spicy according to your preference. Put a little dollop of Greek yogurt in it with some toasted pumpkin seeds and *chef’s kiss*

@paytonpedro To be fair, I am not a huge fan of squash in general so I don’t think that’s a pre-requisite for loving squash soup. I think it’s more about if you like a creamy soup with a bit of the sweet/nutty squash flavor. I hate when I get to that point where I’m like “Maybe testing would show something…” but

*TW-pregnancy tests*

Both positive pregnancy tests I’ve had in my life haven’t come until at least 11 DPO (with negative tests before that), so that helps remind me to cool my jets on the early testing.

• @paytonpedro oh I'm VERY glad for the extra study time. I was listening to a youtube playlist over my car radio trying to further cram lol. And yeah, FF is definitely magic, 100%.
  • PaturkeyPaturkey member
    edited October 2021
    @paytonpedro More sleep? ha. For me, I always have really bad brain fog when I'm overtired. Sorry you're feeling overwhelmed.

@abjm0325 I'd love a nice squash soup but no Paneras here so I need to find a good recipe.

@ajsanders-2 We're timing twins. 😁

ETA: @fantasyflyte That's great you get extra study time! Good luck on the exam!

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 31/11

Timing: -3, -2, +1

Typical LP length: Unknown, possibly 11-13?

Testing: No plans, but maybe next weekend if still waiting on AF.

R/R: October marks the start of the busy season at work and it's feeling just a little intense at the moment. It's the ramp up before it gets busy when you know it's coming but it's not quite here yet... Taking it one day at a time and scheduling in some fun things so I've got something to look forward to when it gets hectic.

CS/Q: Had a temp drop today, expecting AF tomorrow probably but we'll see.

• @fantasyflyte well then that’s awesome news for you!!! 

@abjm0325 hmm ok. Maybe I’ll have to give it a try! I like all soups, and could literally eat soup everyday, but the squash aspect always turned me off. 

@Paturkey I’m sure more sleep would definitely help, and I’ve been trying to go to bed earlier but it’s just really hard with our current schedule. 
    What line of work are you in? And what kinds of fun things do you have scheduled in? I’m glad you can still make time for that!!
  • @paytonpedro I'm always aiming for more sleep and rarely achieving it 😂 I teach at a university and classes start next week so we're in heavy preparation mode. To look forward to I've got tickets to a sporting event and a concert, and I have plans to go to two gallery exhibits, one play and one film festival (it was my birthday recently and I'm spending all my birthday money on outings - thanks, Mom!). But I really need to actually book those last four things 😁 Let's see if I manage to do it tomorrow... 
  • @paturkey wow that all sounds so nice!! I’ll try to remind you in the daily’s tomorrow… but you know… brain fog. Lol.