Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 10/4

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 10/4

• bows22bows22 member
    edited October 2021

Month/Cycle: 34/37

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: The usual + Clomid IUI

R/R: I had an almost positive OPK last night and a blazing positive this morning. It was so close last night that I was planning to stretch the truth and say it was positive last night when I called the RE this morning, but in my half-asleep brain fog I told the truth 🤦🏼‍♀️. I’m sure it will be fine though although depending on when they are having me come in I may push back a little. But right now just awaiting the call back to see what the plan is! 

CS/Q: my last 2 temps were weirdly high so I don’t think it is going to be a great chart 

Edit for clarity 

• @bows22 Aw, I hope the opk situation clears up! Did you do another one this morning? 🤞 hopefully your RE will go ahead and bring you in quick!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: bd, opk & temp

R/R: I have a 4 day weekend starting this Friday through Monday! 🎉 

I’m actually pretty sure today is O day but I’m not 100% so I’ll stick around to wait on a temp rise. Last night I got an OPK where I *think* the lines are exactly the same darkness, and then this morning the test line was already lighter again. I did have a temp drop this morning, but my chart is not very clear yet. We’ll go ahead and BD and hope that things clear up over the next couple days..

CS/Q: 
  • Loading the player...
  • @singing_koala oh yes I guess that I made that confusing. This morning’s was beyond positive. I was just afraid they would have me come in later in the day tomorrow for the IUI and that it would be too late. But we are doing it first thing in the morning so it should be good! For you, I’d keep taking OPKs today but if they don’t get darker again I would go with yesterday’s as positive. This is what I love about temping though because either way you will get the temp shift eventually! 

• *lurking* @bows22 having been in your situation more times than i care to count re: finessing the messaging/timing with the clinic to get a perfect IUI schedule, I feel you on the worry. So glad it sounds like the timing is going to be great!
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @bows22 yay for IUI first thing tomorrow!! Sending you all the positive vibes!! ❤️

@singing_koala jealous of your 4 day weekend coming up! We’re getting 3 and Friday is an in-service day at school 🙄. Hope you get clarity with O!

Month/Cycle: 29/2 AL

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: NTNP

R/R: I had a great weekend. On Saturday, we went to a local farm and got mums and pumpkins for out front porch. DH smoked ribs on the grill and we ended the day with a fire in our fire pit. Sunday was productive and the Bills won so that was extra awesome! 

CS/Q:  

• **lurking**

@bows22 Yay for first IUI!! Sending all the positive vibes to you!

@gingermama29 Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!! Cannot wait to go to a pumpkin patch this weekend.

Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1 AL

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: vitamins, OPKs

R/R: I had the most blazing positive OPK this morning that I have ever seen, so I’d say O is imminent. My rant is dealing with personnel matters at work. I moved into a management role a year ago and I definitely miss the days of just doing my own work and ignoring other people. I have one employee that is being particularly challenging and is taking up an awful lot of my time this week. On the plus side, it is a beautiful day outside and I am going to walk/jog outside during my lunch!

CS/Q: Nope

@bows22 Glad you have your appointment set up for tomorrow. Yay for moving forward!

@singing_koala Hooray for a 4-day weekend!

@gingermama29 I got some mums recently too and they are already trying to die on me.  :| Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

• bows22bows22 member
    edited October 2021
    @optimistgardener I spent way too much time reading studies about IUI timing last night 😂

@gingermama29 sounds like an amazing weekend! We haven’t gotten mums yet and I’m so bummed! We planted marigolds this year that have totally taken over our front yard which I love, but now I feel like we can only get certain mums to fit into the color scheme. 

@abjm0325 +1 for longing for the days of doing my own work and ignoring everyone! I hope you can get that employee straightened out and get a little bit of a break 

@aj@ajsanders-2 thank you!
  • @bows22 Excited for you and your IUI!!
    @singing_koala Jealous of your four day weekend. Do you have any big plans?
    @gingermama29 What an awesome Sunday. That sounds like the perfect fall day. 
    @abjm0325 Managing people is HARD. It’s mentally exhausting in a way you wouldn’t expect.

Month/Cycle: 6/5

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm

R/R: Exhausted today. I got up very early for work and have been on my feet most of the day. We’re an active construction site right now, which means steel toe boots and hard hats and they feel like wearing a hundred extra pounds.

CS/Q: CM dried up yesterday which I think means O was yesterday? But my temp shift was too small to really draw any conclusions from.

• @bows22 positive vibes for iui tomorrow and happy they got you in early despite your sleep honesty. 

@singing_koala I have a 4 day weekend too! Absolutely  no plans for it which makes me happy.

@gingermama29 I love using my fireplace, it's not quite cold enough here yet. 

@abjm0325 that was my least favorite part of management. Now I don't manage people and I kinda miss it. 

@pinkkillersheep Steele toed boots are the worst, I can't believe I used to wear them in high school just for fun. 

Month/Cycle: 12/13 

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: OPK, Temps, starting IVF next cycle.

R/R:  Rant: nurse delayed me starting BCP to prep for IVF, it's not really a big deal but I was mentally prepared for not having to think about this cycle. I want to say I won't track this month but I know I won't be able to resist. 

CS/Q: none at the moment. 

• @bows22 oh that’s great! Yeah I did read that wrong 🤦‍♀️. But I’m glad you got in first thing tomorrow! Yes I’m soo glad I decided to temp this cycle. Hopefully I’ll know by tomorrow what’s up. 

@walkawaynee Sorry things didn’t go as planned with the bcp - I hope you’re able to give yourself at least a little bit of a break this cycle

@pinkkillersheep I’m headed down to Mobile to spend the weekend with my husband’s brother and his wife. I’m looking forward to catching up with them 😊  And omg wow you are working hard today! 

@gingermama29 aww your weekend sounds so lovely. I need some mums bad! That’s ine of the best parts of fall. And I definitely spoke too soon - we just got an email about meetings we have this Friday 🙃 
  • @abjm0325 enjoy your beautiful day!! Jealous cause it’s gray and rainy here today.

@pinkkillersheep I forgot what you do for a living? Sorry for all the extra heaviness of the hard hat and steel toed boots.

@walkawaynee ahhh that’s so frustrating! Hopefully this cycle well fly by so you can get rolling with the next!

@singing_koala oh booo. Hopefully the meetings won’t be too awful.
  • @pinkkillersheep your work day sounds awful, I hope you are able to do nothing when you get home

@walkawaynee  I’m sorry again about your cycle delay. I always end up tracking because I like to know when to expect AF.  
  • @walkawaynee I can’t believe you wrote steel toes as a fashion statement!
    @gingermama29 I’m a production manager at a distillery. We’re in our annual shutdown and have a LOT of work going on! It’s fun but busy and chaotic.