Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Fri-YAY! 10/1

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Fri-YAY! 10/1

• Month/Cycle: 29/2 AL

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: NTNP

R/R: soooo happy it’s Friday. Somehow, this week has both flown by and also felt incredibly long. I have a zoom date tonight with my cousin who specializes in counseling/infertility and pregnancy loss and works with fertility clinics all over the country. I reached out to her yesterday since I knew she went through IF and treatment to hear her experience and gain insight. I’m really excited to catch up with her and hear what she has to say on the subject.

CS/Q:  

• @gingermama29 That's such a great opportunity to have someone so close to chat with. I hope you gain some great insight and catch up!

Month/Cycle: 3/3AL

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: Today is Magic Kingdom's 50th so I will be glued to live streams all day. I was wishing that I was there today, but looking at the crowds I am glad that I am going in November when the crowds will be MUCH lower. Have to share things all day for my travel agent business, so hoping to share some good things!

CS/Q: still pretty boring 

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 that's so great that you have a cousin to talk to about everything!

@tessiesmom26 I'm so mad because we went to Disney in June but they weren't doing any of the 50th anniversary stuff yet! I want to go back but DH and I both started new jobs so it's hard to take off and now with the covid numbers getting high again I'd be more worried.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: FET cycle!!!

R/R: I've never been so happy for CD 1 lol. I'm excited to get things moving for our FET! I have to let my RE know that my cycle started and then we should hopefully be transferring in about two weeks!!

CS/Q: nope

TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @gingermama29 That’s so wonderful you have someone you trust to talk to about such a personal topic. 
    @tessiesmom26 This is making me want to go to Disney World now! We were supposed to plan something for next year because my niece will be old enough but I’m not sure my sister will be up for it until vaccinations are a thing for under 12.
    @shortstack930 Happy for you that CD1 is a good thing!

Month/Cycle: 6/5

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm

R/R: DH’s work situation has a conclusion finally and…literally nothing changes. I’m so annoyed that there was all this stress around him probably having to resign and now it’s just fine all of the sudden  I know I should be glad, but I really don’t like his employer and I was hoping for a change to come.

CS/Q: Welp my should I/shouldn’t I debate with opk’s for this cycle got decided for me because the box I got from a friend was only HPTs and no opks lol. Just going to go by EWCM, which has been heavy today so I think O is soon.

• @gingermama29 sounds like it'll be a good and productive evening.

@tessiesmom26 sounds interesting, and yeah I feel you on the crowd thing. Hopefully it'll be less crowded when you go. 

@shortstack930 that's a good reason to be excited for CD1! Fingers crossed for you. 

@pinkkillersheep glad it all worked out with your husbands work, but sorry it caused you so much stress.

Month/Cycle: 12(sob)/11

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon, metformin for me, vit e and c for him 

R/R: I'm in a very good mood today, it's lovely out and I scored some amazingly good deals at work. Definitely a Fri-YAY.

CS/Q: Thinking O was late ladt night or this morning since my twnp went up a little but not fully apiking. I guess we'll see! No chart pic today because phone. 

• @shortstack930 Glad CD1 is a good one for you! All the things crossed!
    @pinkkillersheep Glad you finally got an answer about DHs work, but sorry it was so lackluster. At least the stress is behind you now?
    @fantasyflyte Can I ask how cinnamon is helpful out of curiosity?  

re: Disney & crowds - I am going in November for a travel agent conference. I went last year as well, and we had a total of 88 people. With tons of washing/sanitizing, mask wearing, and social distancing, not one person got Covid. They are doing all the same things this year, but also adding that you must be vaccinated to attend. I will also test upon arrival home to make sure all is good there, so I feel comfortable going again.  
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @acleverusername I am a travel agent on the side of my full time job. I work under an agency, but am technically a contractor for them. Your dinner with DH sounds so nice! I'm jealous, but so glad you both had a great time. Also LOLing at bread so they can consume more wine. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 I’ve definitely had that thought a few times about crowds! I hope it’s significantly less crowded when you go.

@shortstack930 yay for FET cycle!!! Sending you all the good vibes!

@pinkkillersheep that’s so frustrating about YH but I’m also glad you’re at least gotten a resolution.

@acleverusername honestly, I don’t know why I haven’t reached out to her sooner! Glad you had a a nice celebratory date night with YH! And congrats on the promotion!!
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited October 2021
    Lurking because work is nuts and the week got away from me

@tessiesmom26 I haven’t watched anything yet but I know earlier the wait times were perfectly normal because the crowds were all in line for popcorn buckets and merchandise and not on the rides 😆😆 I was happy for the people who are just there for regular vacation! We’re going at the end of the month and I am a little concerned about the crowds. We went the same time last year and it was perfect but I know it’s going to be crazier now
  • @acleverusername I'm doing estrogen & PIO! I've got an ultrasound 10/13 so we'll see what happens from there. Your dinner with YH sounds wonderful!!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited October 2021

Month/Cycle: 11/2AL

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: vitamins, acupuncture, need to buy OPKs

R/R: gah, i have been putting off my series 63 test until the last minute and just realized the nastygram i got was that i have to take it by 10/14. FML. eta: AF is doing that evil thing where i thought it was gone and its now back in full force. ugh. TGIF.

CS/Q: nada

@gingermama28 that's really amazing, and i'm glad you feel comfortable talking to her. my friend goes to a midwifery practice that keeps a therapist on staff and i just think that's brilliant. 

@tessiesmom26 we're supposed to go in Jan, when the holiday decor will still be up, i can't wait!

@shortstack930 yay for the excitement! 

@pinkkillersheep tw for pg/loss in spoiler

hey, you never know! in august when i got pg (granted i then had a cp) i wasn't using opks, just other hints

@fantasyflyte i know that ugh feeling when the month rolls over

@acleverusername love that for your evening! i also love the places that are just putting gratuity on the check please can we move to a more European style on this stuff

love all the disney love here, i have a work colleague who lives in orlando and was there at 5am today! she can see MK fireworks from her house every night.

• @tessiesmom26 I have pcos so my ob started me on it last year because it helps with insulin resistance and therefore ovulation. I think of it as metformin lite lol. It was helping slowly shorten my cycles before the metformin drastically helped. 
  • @fantasyflyte I'm so glad you're having a good day! I hope it continues through the weekend for you.
    @anniemarie887 Wow I've never had AF do that to me, that sounds miserable. And ya, I'm fortunate that my body seems to give pretty good signals when it's time so I'm not too concerned. Unless my bbt doesn't rise in a few days, then I'll be pretty confused...
    @acleverusername Spoiler for my career ramblings
    I was holding off on making any career decisions until we had some clarity on what's happening with DH. We're massively expanding my site (pretty much all distilleries are these days) which is a great opportunity for me, but only if I get to own some piece of it. I've got a good shot at that, but it'll be another month before I know. Knowing my company though they'll decide to make no decisions...and then I'll just continue with delaying my own decisions because I tend to be pretty risk averse. But I had a new member of our management team pigeonhole me into doing administrative work when I offered to help oversee operations and I about lost it. I've been running the place for 5 years and you're going to ask me to fill out paperwork for you when I offer my help?!? What an insult. Not sure I'll make it to the end of the month...