Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Fri-YAY! 10/1

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Fri-YAY! 10/1

• Month/Cycle: 5/4AL

CD/DPO: 15/3dpo

Timing: -2, -1, 0

Typical LP length: 10/11 days

Testing: if af is late

R/R: my cousin is throwing my aunt a surprise 50th birthday party that’s 80’s themed tomorrow. So, I’m excited for that but have no idea how I’m going to “dress up” and I’m going basically alone because mh has to work. He got news yesterday that they want him to move up into a supervisor roll and I don’t know how I feel about it. It has much less security than his current position, they can bounce you around wherever they want, and his hours change a ton. AND the biggest reason I fee apprehensive is because he can’t call in at all at least for the first 6 months. And like he doesn’t normally but having that in place and the possiblity getting ku’ed just doesn’t work. The positives would be more pay, less strain on his body, and the ability to transfer out of state easier, which we really, really want to do. I’m trying not to stress myself out and wait until it gets here but it’s getting harder the closer he gets to this.

CS/Q: why do my boobs hurt already 😅😅

• @paytonpedro I hate themed parties only for the fact that I never have any regular clothes that can pass for the theme. The best I can do for an 80s theme is some scrunchies lol. My cousin's wedding next year is at a castle and renaissance costumes/attire is encourage. My best effort will probably be a fake flower crown or something haha. I hope everything works out with this new role for YH. It's tough to adjust to job changes like that! I'm sure you both will figure it out when the time comes.

Month/Cycle: 11 AL

CD/DPO: 24/7

Timing: -5, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: tomorrow I guess? This TWW has flown by

R/R: Today is biopsy day! Oh god it's going to hurt like a bitch. But... for science!! DH was bummed when I mentioned the timing of the biopsy because we really shouldn't have even tried this month. At this point I think we just do it to stay in routine lol. Idk, can you have implantation and have a biopsy without disturbing the embryo? Have dinner and watching shows with my parents tonight and then we might also be doing dinner tomorrow. It's still going to be pretty hot today and tomorrow but I'm going to try getting some weeds pulled. DH's birthday gift is out for delivery today so I'll be sure to have that all set up for when he gets home. Yay.

CS/Q: good to know my temps don't change when there isn't a 2nd body in bed.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 I must have missed you mention it before, what are you having biopsied? Will they do a test prior to the biopsy? What show are you watching with your parents? And what did you get yh for his birthday? I have all the questions today 🤣 ps you have a pretty chart!!

• @paytonpedro I went to an 80s party recently. I bought a band shirt at target and cut it to hang off my shoulder and wore some bangle type bracelets (thrift store). And of course a side ponytail with a scrunchie (also from Target)

@inthewoods23 I can't even imagine what I would wear to a wedding like that. But also kind of want to go to a wedding at a castle!

CD/DPO:  23/12

Timing: -2,-1,0, +2

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: none planned 

R/R:  its my mom's bday today so we are going out to dinner with my parents, then looking forward to decorating for Halloween this weekend. DH goes back to the office next week after 18 months of us working from home together and I am so sad, it's going to be weird being alone all day after being together pretty much 24/7. Also gonna miss being able to "try" anytime we feel like it. 

CS/Q:  none 

• @paytonpedro lol ask away! I'm having an endometrial biopsy. It's part of the testing with the RI. Look up decidualization score if you're interested in learning what it's specifically for. As for shows... my mom and I need to finish the season of The Great Pottery Throwdown on HBO Max. I think after that is Making the Cut on Amazon Prime. DH's gift is for his car. There's a compartment in his Tesla that has the cable connectors to charge your phone. I'm replacing that with a wireless charging pad which is what my car came with. Now we won't have to deal with making sure we get our phones fully plugged in to charge.

@walkawaynee yeah I like the idea but I also hate buying things for 1 time events. Sure I can buy some renaissance gown but when the hell else would I wear it? That's why I plan on sticking with a flower crown max. Otherwise regular wedding attire is fine. Have a lovely birthday dinner tonight with your parents! I also very much missed when DH started going into the office every day while I mostly WFH. And yes, I totally hear you on being able to sneak away in the middle of the day for some "try" time! :D
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @walkawaynee I’m still not sure what I want to do. I don’t plan on buying anything to wear there lol. I might just do a white cotton button up and high waisted light jeans, then big hair. I don’t care enough 🙈
    Happy birthday to your mom! I hope you have fun at dinner and decorating for Halloween! Awh. I’m sorry you’re going to miss your husband and “trying” time lol. Mh never worked from home but I could imagine I would have those feelings as well. I hope it passes quickly. Maybe spend some time doing self care?

@inthewoods23 very interesting! I hope everything goes well and isn’t too painful for you. Can you take anything for the pain prior to going? Will you be awake? Can they give you anything? 
    The pottery show sounds very interesting! I’ll have to look it up! I didn’t know all Tesla’s didn’t have the charging board but that’s a really great gift. To be fair the only people I know with a Tesla are my sister and my old boss so I don’t have much experience lol. 
  • @paytonpedro they didn't specify if I could or couldn't take anything for pain so I haven't. I know for the last biopsy I did I was not allowed to take at least ibuprofen because it can reduce inflammation but that's what we were testing for. It's a quick 5 second thing so hopefully I can deal.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause