Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 9.27

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.**

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions? 

GTKY: when's the last time you jumped/played in a pile of leaves?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TTCAL w/o 9.27

• anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited September 2021
    Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. CP @ 5 weeks in Sept 2021

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Excited to no longer be benched, just generally tired and a bit meh at work. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? nope

Questions? nada

GTKY: when's the last time you jumped/played in a pile of leaves? oh god, um like 10 years ago?!
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC @ 8 weeks in Aug. 2021

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? I was already a downer in WTO so I won’t get into it too much again, but I didn’t have a great weekend. MH and I have different ideas about how to deal with some personal problems, and it might affect our TTC future. That devastates me. Trying hard to be patient and practical as we make some big decisions in the next few days.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope! My body finally seems to be cooperating which is a huge relief.

Questions? None today

GTKY: when's the last time you jumped/played in a pile of leaves? Um, last fall.  :D

@anniemarie887 Yay for being off the bench!

• Loading the player...
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

2 losses, 1st MMC 1/2019 @ 9 weeks, 2nd coronal ectopic that ruptured @8 weeks1/2021 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Things are kind of meh, waiting on AF to start a new cycle, I’m very new to the whole world of planned conception. I’m not sure where to begin and everything feels overwhelming even though I have been lurking for a while. It’s one thing to lurk another to participate and start doing all the things. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Going to call my OBGYN 10/1 since that’s when Af should show up and see if she still wants to refere me to MFM.

Questions? None

GTKY: when's the last time you jumped/played in a pile of leaves? It’s been a while since I “jumped” into one, but last year I kicked through one and I will jump on my Nugget  if that counts? 

• @anniemarie887 yay for being off the bench!

@not_another_knottie a good start is OPKs since they are easy to use. Temping is also easy but it's ideal to temp at the same time every morning and that can be difficult for some people (because of kids, pets, work schedule). Don't be afraid to ask questions if you're confused. It can take time to get a handle on things! What is this Nugget thing you speak of?

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC at 8 weeks, Oct 2020

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things are good, just waiting on the pre-authorization so I can get the blood work done. Hoping DH isn't a total crab getting him to go in for the karyotyping blood draw. DH has a business trip Thursday-Sunday so that'll be fun to be home alone. Sarcasm but not sarcasm lol. I will miss him. I get to drop him off and pick him up though! That's always fun

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Not yet, maybe getting the blood draw next week but we'll see.

Questions? I had a question on the karyotyping and now I can't remember but maybe it was..... for anyone that has done that before how much did it cost? And what do the results really mean?

GTKY: when's the last time you jumped/played in a pile of leaves? Most of our leaves get munch up by the mower, but we're surrounded by trees so there are plenty of leaves to go around and build a pile. Had lots of fun with that last year. Had nothing better to do with covid ha
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @not_another_knottie Same with the planned conception. This is new to me, too.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.:
    First time joining in here. I won't go into too much detail since I recently posted in the intro thread. MMC around 8 weeks in March 2019, and my daughter born in February of this year passed away in June. She had a rare genetic difference that caused severe medical complications. I miss her every day.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well?: This was our first time TTC (past pregnancies we were NTNP) and it was so strange having to plan our timing...

Any testing coming up/any recent results?: n/a

Questions?: None

GTKY: when's the last time you jumped/played in a pile of leaves?: Probably as a kid, though I wouldn't object to doing it now if I found a pile somewhere. lol
  • @annanbby glad to have somebody in the same boat. 

@inthewoods23 thank you for the recommendations. I’ll pick up some opks, are there brands that are more “user friendly” than others?
  • @not_another_knottie I personally use Pregmate brand OPKs. They're the dip strip type and pretty darn cheap on Amazon (50 for $15 or so). Wondfo is another cheapie stick type OPK that a lot of people use. If you want to get fancy, there's Clear Blue Advanced Digital that can indicate when you're in your FW followed by your surge. Those can get expensive fast though, but a lot of people like them.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @not_another_knottie I agree that OPKs are a great place to start. I have pretty regular cycles (at least I did before MC, we’ll see now), so it wasn’t too hard for me to approximate ovulation without temping. I think temping is one of those things that you should do if it makes you feel better and don’t do it if it stresses you out.

@inthewoods23 A weekend at home alone sounds lovely! Just the right amount of time to miss him, but hopefully not get too lonely.

@annanbby What you’ve shared of your journey is just heartbreaking. I hope you find this community welcoming and helpful.

• @annanbby I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been so incredibly difficult.

@abjm0325 DH got mad at me when I said I would keep watching Hell's Kitchen 😆. We've been binging that. And heaven forbid I should offer my iPad when he HATES Apple products to watch from the app. I'll have to find something else to do. I plan on getting with my parents on Friday for dinner so I just need to make sure I occupy my time on Saturday. I pick him up at 10am Sunday so hopefully I can wake up early to enjoy the last stillness in the house.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @abjm0325 i hope you and husband can talk through everything going on
    @not_another_knottie i've done OPKs intermittently, i do not have the discipline to temp, if it was going to use that as a marker i would need to get one of the wearable things. 
    @inthewoods23 i always enjoy some solitude time! do you have any plans while he's gone?
    @annanbaby i saw your intro post, i'm sorry that's what has brought you here, but hope you find comfort in this big welcoming group
  • @inthewoods23 He leaves you AND you can't watch what you want?! So rude. Doing anything fun for dinner on Friday? 
  • @abjm0325 🤣 we're having pizza Friday! My mom and I usually do "Friday night facetime" and watch a show together while FaceTiming. We still do it even though they recently moved closer to us. It's just nice to be able to go to bed right away when we're done vs driving 5 minutes home haha
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @anniemarie887 yay for being off the bench!
    @abjm0325 I'm sorry you and DH are going though it right now. I hope things only go up from here.
    @not_another_knottie Sorry that you are here, but I hope you can find support in this community. Are you talking about the Nugget couch? We have one and love it! 
    @inthewoods23 Downside, you miss DH while he is away. Upside - you get to spread out in the bed? Watch and eat anything you want? LOL we have to see the good right?
    @annanbby I am so sorry for your losses. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC/Blighted Ovum that lead to D&C July 2021

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things are going okay. My last AF was one from HELL and I am so glad it's over and we are moving on. I had that mystery period the first cycle after my D&C and then when this one came around it was like 2 months worth. The cramps were seriously the absolute worst. With it all behind me now though, I am focusing on the future!

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope

Questions? Not now

GTKY: when's the last time you jumped/played in a pile of leaves? It's been far too long. I much prefer stepping on crunchy leaves to hear them break apart. My parents have a huge tree in their yard that is perfect for this, so I love going over there to stomp on all the leaves. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22