Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 9/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 9/27

• If no one has noticed, I don't usually hop on here during the weekends - we are jus too busy! And then Monday's are the busiest days at work for me so posting bright and early is my go-to haha.

Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: Charting, temping, OPKs, prenatals, sex, prelim testing for MH and I

R/R: Rave: It was a gorgeous weekend weather-wise up here! I was outside as much as humanly possible and I don't know if my dog ever wants to see a frisbee again haha. I pulled out the other giant rhodes in the front of my house so that was nice to get done. Now I need to fill the holes, rip out the weed barrier, and replace the mulch. Rant: This is the second house that we have bought and renovated. The last one was literal garbage and was a total gut and restore. I told MH that I wanted a turnkey house this time....but here we are. And this house is about 3x larger than the last. It isn't a total guy but I've had to paint every wall and install new flooring in every single room. We've had stairs built and we still need to get new appliances, put a window in, and extend a loft area. I just want to LIVE in a house and not constantly be fixing it up ugh. 

CS/Q: Not really a CS/Q but it is in the ballpark.
    Went for my appointment with the OB on Friday. She set me up for labs and an US for next week as it lines up with day 3-4 of my cycle. She said she doesn't usually test the "day 21" stuff if you are turning OPKs. Also it was like pulling teeth to get my husband to agree to provide a SA sample. He originally was like "I think it is too soon to be doing these tests, we've only been trying for a little bit". He doesn't feel that the last 4.5 years count. Anyway he apparently had no idea about timing...for anything. Timing for possibly being referred to an RE and the waitlists they might have. Timing for my cycle and all that I do and track. He legit didn't know that temp, chart, observe CM, pee on OPKs 2x a day for like 6 days etc. It was eye-opening. At the end of the conversation he agreed to provide a sample but said it like "okay, I will do it for you" and that made me rage-y. Bro, it is not FOR ME it is for us. But whatever, he agreed so we are going to get that taken care of tomorrow. 

• @jellie603 I'm not usually here on weekends either. I'm a Mon-Fri girl because I use my desktop. My app sucks on my phone and I can never post. I hear you on the explaining to DH just how hard we work to TTC. We've had that talk many times at our house as well. Dh admittedly didn't know much about the whole menstrual process, so we've been trying to work on that for a bit. Hopefully your talk helped him see just how much actually goes into it.

Month/Cycle: 3/3AL

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: charting, temping, cm, okps, DTD, prenatal vitamins. 

R/R: For anyone wondering, I did get my nails done this weekend! I opted for just a mani and no pedi, so I did save some that way haha. It was a beautiful weather weekend, and I am looking forward to more fall days! I can't wait to do all the fall activities too, like the pumpkin patch, apple picking, and alllll the cider donuts! 

CS/Q: 

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • @jellie603 Renos can definitely be so stressful! I love watching them on TV though! Glad you got to enjoy a gorgeous weekend!

@tessiesmom26 yesss to all the fall activities! It’s the best!

Month/Cycle: 28/2 AL

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: NTNP

R/R: this weekend was really nice! I went to a local fall festival and enjoyed the gorgeous weather and all things fall. There was a craft fair in my town too which I stopped by yesterday and ended up at a booth that sells homemade pet toys and accessories as part of a nonprofit. I ended biting a cat mat that was filled with catnip and my cats went nuts and we’re legit fighting over it. I ended up walking back and getting another. Watching them play with the mats and hoard them from each other was a great  source of entertainment last night.

CS/Q:  

• @jellie603 sorry it was difficult to convince your husband, but I'm glad he came mostly around, and it sounds like you had a great weekend!

@tessiesmom26 we had cider donuts this weekend. I say had because they're all gone now. I might make an apple crisp this week.

@gingermama29 it sounds like you had a great weekend!

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon, metformin for me, vit e and c for him

R/R: I don't like the work shift I have today, it feels like my whole day is eaten up by work, blugh. But we had a very nice evening around a fire with my parents and siblings yesterday, and my sister did my nails for me so I have a manicure for the first time I think since her wedding 3 years ago. It's a pretty autumn red with one glittery nail.

CS/Q: possibly slight TMI question, but does anyone know offhand if it's okay to internally check cm with a gel manicure? Could it affect the nail polish at all?

• @jellie603, oh home renos are fun but yes so over the projects real quick! We are working on putting in vinyl floors in our house.

@tessiesmom26, yay for getting your nails done! Always need some self care! I LOVE apple cider donuts! Sooo good!

@gingermama29, oh that sounds fun!

@fantasyflyte, oh you got your nails done too! Now I feel like I need mine done! lol. 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Everything

R/R: Rave, I love being part of TB groups! Sorry I was MIA this weekend, usually we are all over the place and I don't get much time to be online at all. 

CS/Q: Well, I did get a +OP on Sunday, going to recheck today a couple of times, FF says O should be tomorrow (which is our 8 year anniversary!) So that's about where I am at.

Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • well i'm glad i can join the nail party! lol i got mine done saturday as well! love a nice fall dark plum

@fantasyflyte i don't think gel nails should have any issues

@ajsanders-2 i feel like it's kinda the norm that everyone is occupied on the weekends

@gingermama29 that sounds like a lovely weekend!

@tessiesmom26 yes! i was just looking at when all the pumpkin patch/corn mazes start opening up, which was this past weekend

@jellie603 i think your reasoning for wanting to push toward a RE makes perfect sense

Month/Cycle: 10/2AL

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: vitamins, acupuncture, need to go buy OPKs

R/R: we had a really busy weekend with some friends, and i am still feeling it today, def in a haze at work

CS/Q: nada

• @gingermama29 we went over the neighbors to watch the game last night and we were chatting about catnip. They have a handful of cats, some of their own and some fosters, and they are thinking about growing it. I was not aware you could do that, although it makes perfect sense. Going to be some happy cats over there!
    @fantasyflyte My nails have never been affected by checking and I always have gel, so I think you are good there. 
    @ajsanders-2 I said it above, but I feel like the majority of this board is a Mon-Fri crew. Not too much activity on the weekends. 
    @anniemarie887 I feel you on the hazy morning. We went over to the neighbors last night and every time we go over there, I end up hazy the next morning lol. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @jellie603 MEN! Amiright?! Listen girl, just remember that most of the time men don't know anything because we don't share with them. And because it's not immediately relevant to them (they're not the ones doing it), they're totally oblivious. So, my advice is SHARE SHARE AND OVERSHARE! Also, I found this a useful thing to walk MH through after he started asking me if it's time to take an HPT 3 days after ovulation: https://www.babymed.com/getting-pregnant/egg-fertilization-sperm#. And also, the whole 'it only takes one sperm' is falsehood? It actually takes many sperm to break down the corona radiata of the egg. https://open.oregonstate.education/aandp/chapter/28-1-fertilization/

@tessiesmom26 I love your excitements about fall things to come! 

@gingermama29 I've been meaning to ask: since you're not doing Letrazole this cycle, do you expect your cycle to be interminable again? 

@fantasyflyte I never had issues checking CM internally with gel nails. I probably wouldn't do it if some of the gel is chipping off for the fear of getting some of it stuck inside my vajayjay (that's my current status, since I haven't bother doing anything with the mani I got back in early August). 

@ajsanders-2 I hope your anniversary is a good omen for this cycle!

@anniemarie887 is the haze due to beverages consumed? Sounds like you had a great time!

Month/Cycle: 21/1AL

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: gearing up for IVF retrieval #2. Loads of vitamins and supplements for MH and I (like... 2 handfuls 3x a day for me.) 

R/R: I'm currently reporting from a coffee / food truck outside of UCSF. MH has his 2nd of 2 MRIs today. This was based on incidental findings out of our extensive fertility testing that he has an SDHA mutation, which has been found in people with some rare tumors/cancers. ***TW concerning medical stuff***

He had his first MRI last week and I saw the report since I basically manage all of his medical stuff (he also lists my phone number as phone number on records, so I get all of the reminders / notices. Anyways, based on that report, it looks like he will need to have a thyroid ultrasound due to a larger nodule. I haven't mentioned this to him, since I don't want to freak him out. He doesn't handle this kind of stress very well. E.g. he slept poorly last night because he was worried about getting the contrast IV for today's MRI. He has vasovagal syncope, so he tends to faint where needles are concerned. Anyways, I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing by just taking it one step at a time, and just revealing to him information as it becomes relevant. I.e. his doctor hasn't messaged yet saying he needs to have the ultrasound. Also, he can log into his chart and see this stuff himself... if he really wants to. 

Otherwise, I went for a 7.5mi hike this weekend with a friend whom I hadn't seen since Jan 2020. It was so nice to catch up with her, but my body is hurting... I need to do this more often!

CS/Q: nope

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @fantasyflyte oooh I love fires! Sounds like a great weekend. Your mani sounds beautiful!

@ajsanders-2 i feel like this board is generally really quiet on weekends. I know I don’t really post on weekends.

@acleverusername oh dear lord I hope not 😂. I’m seeing my OB for my annual tomorrow though so I’ll talk to him about it. I’ve lost 20 lbs since May so I’m hoping that will help shorten my marathon cycles (weight loss has previously had a positive effect on my cycle length). But I don’t know. My cycles are so unpredictable off of medication. Glad you got to catch up with your friend this weekend! FX that everything goes well for YH today. Also I definitely read that as vasovaginal the first time and had to do a double take 😂😂
  • @acleverusername, sending all the positive vibes your way!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • @gingermama29 OMG 20 lbs! That's amazing! I must have picked up what you lost. Hehe. I really hope it has helped shorten your cycle. Also, dying @ vaso-vaginal. 🤣

@ajsanders-2 🙏🏻
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• @acleverusername the haze is 100000% due to adult beverages - i think once i hit 32 i stopped being able to recover as well. that's really thoughtful that you manage this stuff for your husband, i'm not sure i would have that patience. i hope today goes well!
  • @acleverusername well damn!  The more you know 🤷‍♀️ which apparently is how I should approach this with my husband haha!
  • @jellie603 listen, the more I think about it, the more I feel like there's opportunity for some foreplay here. You sexy school teacher, telling him about how all of this works. I think you can take it from here. 

@anniemarie887 right there with you with my ability to recover. I actually prefer to day-drink now so that the booze is out of my system by night time and I can get a good sleep. LOL. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• Incredibly late but going to jump in anyway. 
    @jellie603 Glad to hear you got him there on the SA. MH is not opposed to getting one but I just don’t think he’ll actually prioritize scheduling the appointment unless I nag him about it. The rest of it he’s slowly learning. He asked what cycle day I’m on yesterday, which I thought was sweet.
    @tessiesmom26 Glad you treated yourself this weekend!
    @gingermama29 Love the idea of buying homemade pet toys. We never end up buying anything for my car because the dogs get over excited and steal whatever the cat was playing with for themselves. But he’s an indoor/outdoor car and just chooses to go outside at that point.
    @fantasyflyte Glad you had some nice family moments this weekend. Sitting out by a fire sounds wonderful.
    @ajsanders-2 Happy almost anniversary!
    @anniemarie887 I had an extra glass of wine at dinner on Sunday and my body definitely let me know it. I swear drinking is becoming less and less worth it for me.
    @acleverusername Hope everything went ok for you end YH today. A long hike sounds really nice. We need a walk through a local park this weekend but I’d love to do something a bit more challenging like that.

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm

R/R: One of the dogs decided everyone in the house needed woken up at 2:30 am last night and then it took several hours for me to get back to sleep. Just in time to have to wake up for work. But I managed to have a decent day so that was good. I was really, really struggling this weekend. Hoping I can carry today’s positivity into the week.

CS/Q: bbt was very messed up from the disrupted sleep so I didn’t even bother putting it in FF. Just about time to get back into opks I suppose.

• @acleverusername irrelevant and slightly creepy, maybe, but your post made me wonder if you're talking about the food/coffee truck outside of the UCSF library? if so, i used to get my coffee there all the time when i would use the UCSF library as my "vacation writing spot" while finishing my diss. I miss SF sometimes.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • @optimistgardener just seeing this now; nope... this was in Mission Bay, where the new UCSF Medical Campus is. I saw "new" but I don't actually know how new it is... All the buildings look new though. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022