EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: How many children did you want growing up? Has it changed at all over the years?

Re: Weekly Check In 9/20

• Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: NO CLUE. Around 13 weeks, but I am far too scatterbrained to keep track of the actual days, ha.

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Because I had to choose a poop fact --> "Your baby is producing meconium. This black, sticky substance will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in her first dirty diaper."

FTM/STM/TTM+: Second time mom.

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Was going to let it be a surprise like I did with my first, but I wanted another girl SO BADLY that I decided to find out. And win, it's a girl! So thrilled I'll have 2 girls.

Upcoming Appointments: Not until October

How are you feeling?: Fantastic. This was an oops baby, and my nausea and exhaustion were absolutely terrible....until I broke up with the father this week (because he's a f**ker) and now....nausea is totally gone and I'm full of energy. So I really think my symptoms were my body telling me to GTF OUT!

Rants/Raves: I'd love to rant on and on about my baby's father, I could fill an entire book. But for today, I'll stick with: he doesn't know how much he wants to be involved. He won't give me a solid answer, just waxes on and on about how haaaard this is for him, it's going to cost SO much money, he could be involved but I'll probably make things too difficult for him anyway. When I explain it's a very simple question, do you want to be involved, or would you prefer to just sign over your parental rights since it's clearly such a burden, he accuses me of not "understanding nuance" or being able to have "intricate discussions". Like dude, no one thinks your high ramblings are intricate or deep. You either want to be involved, or you don't. And it sounds like you don't. Simple.

/rantover

GTKY: How many children did you want growing up? Has it changed at all over the years? I always wanted 4. I love, love, love kids and having a family. I'd still love to have 4, but I'm already 35, and my tolerance for BS from men has dropped to zero. So seeing how it goes now raising 2 kids as a single mom, I may opt to go for the sperm donor route in a couple years, or look into adopting a few years down the road.
  • Options
    @thebirdgirl86 Two girls are the best!!! I desperately wanted another girl when we got pregnant with #2 and we totally lucked out! We were hoping for girl #3, but looks like we're adding a boy to the family this time around, so it's a whole new ball game! Also, I have been solo parenting since DD1 was 11 months old. Due to work and family commitments SO lives and works in a different city, so it's just been me with the girls since the beginning (for the past almost 7 years). With COVID SO has actually been around a bit more as he can work remotely, but we still only see him maybe an hour a day if we're lucky (he is working on finding a local space to relocate his firm closer to home and MIL will move in with us once our house is done so he doesn't need to be on a different city taking care of her). I actually prefer parenting on my own. All the decisions are mine and I actually found it got way easier with 2! You got this mama and way to go for being strong enough to know that you can do this on your own!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Panaceia Thanks! Yea, solo parenting has always been easy for me. Even when I was married, my now ex-husband traveled a lot, so it was often just me and the baby, which was fantastic. Although I do miss having that extra salary, ha.

The funny thing is before my daughter, all I wanted were boys. I couldn't even begin to imagine how I'd relate to a girl, since I'm a total tomboy. But it was absolute love at first sight, and even though my daughter is a total girly girl, I wouldn't change her a bit!
  • Options
    @thebirdgirl86 I'm also really looking forward to two girls too! I'm sorry things are so tough with the baby's dad. Hopefully he gets it together soon and gives you a clear answer. It sounds like he doesn't want to be but doesn't want to make such a big decision, or at least be straightforward with you. That is so hard. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 16+4, 3/3
    Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Baby is the size of a dill pickle. Or an avocado. Those two seem pretty different to me lol. 
    FTM/STM/TTM+: STM
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team pink!
    Upcoming Appointments: Not until October 8th for OB and October 11th for anatomy scan
    How are you feeling?: Much much better. I finally kicked my cold and actually have energy to function. I was able to clean and organize my house over the weekend, which felt great. I think I'm hitting that bliss point where the first tri sickness is finally gone, but the third tri aches and pains hasn't started yet. 
    Rants/Raves: DD's 2nd birthday is this week! I am really getting excited to celebrate her. She is just understanding what a birthday is and is so excited. Her number one request is pink cake. Done and done. No big rants really. 
    Questions: Nope
    GTKY: How many children did you want growing up? Has it changed at all over the years? I always wanted at least two, maybe three. That is pretty much where I'm at right now too. I think we will stick with two, but who knows. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 21 / 14+0 Second tri!!! Whoot whoot!

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Beet I think?

FTM/STM/TTM+:  TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: GP Friday just for a heartbeat and anxiety check. Hoping we still have a heartbeat 🤞🤞🤞

How are you feeling?:  Physically like dirt. Still sick and throwing up constantly...BUT...I've discovered that mango juice stays down so that's a win for me. Emotionally still super stressed and completely detached. I really hope this starts to change soon.

Rants/Raves: Made is to second tri 🤞🤞🤞

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: How many children did you want growing up? Has it changed at all over the years?
    Growing up I wanted either 2 or 4 (I came from a family of 3 kids and NEVER wanted 3). Then I went through a period of not being sure I wanted any (SO and I were having too much fun), and then I turned 32 and NEEDED kids immediately. After DD1 I didn't want anymore, but SO really did. Then I thought we were done with 2...but then decided our family didn't feel complete. Now we're on #3 and part of me is back to thinking 4...but I might be too old after this...and not sure I can survive being this sick again. So right now focusing on hopefully bringing this little guy home and we'll go from there...
  • Options
    @Panaceia Yay for hitting the second tri! I am so sorry you are still feeling so crappy. Big hugs. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 14/ 15w today

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: magic 8 ball 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink 

Upcoming Appointments: Sept 29 for midwife appt, Oct 25 for anatomy scan 

How are you feeling?: this stupid virus is still lingering but DS and I are both feeling better. I’ve been having more round ligament pain so I guess baby needs more space but OUCH.

Rants/Raves: I told my boss about the pregnancy and it went over fairly well. I’m the only one in my group who does renewable energy work so she’s pretty stressed about me being out but she’s happy for me. Since we’re unlikely to go back to the office until Jan, I’m guessing she may just tell me to stay home until maternity leave is over. The thought of getting to the office for the first time in nearly 2 years at 7 months pregnant in Minnesota winter is definitely unpleasant. So we shall see. I do miss the office but I’m happy we’ll be back on a 3/2 schedule with 2 days at hone a week. 

Questions: natm

GTKY: How many children did you want growing up? Has it changed at all over the years? I thought I wanted tons of kids when I was younger. But as I got older that number shrank. Two seems good to me now. 
  • Options
    @thebirdgirl86 You sound exactly like me! I wanted to be a boy mom and only wanted boys before DD1 was born. I was a tomboy too and 99% of my friends were guys (I never related really well to girls) so I thought I would have NO idea what to do with a girl. Then after DD1 it was a total reversal! Now I have no idea what I'm going to do with a boy 😬 but I am excited to find out.
  • Options
    @kgg2241 DD2's 2nd birthday was so much fun! It was just us, but she sang happy birthday to herself, blew out the candles, was excited to open gifts, and loved eating the cake. Her first birthday it was just me and DD1. DD1 made the cake and wrapped up some of her old toys for DD2 to open, but DD2 was NOT a fan of opening gifts. She did love the cake though...
  • Options
    gembudgembud member
    edited September 2021
    @thebirdgirl86 sorry you are going through this right now, hope you get some answers soon

@kgg2241 aw yay, happy birthday to her! We just celebrated DS 2nd in July and it was so much fun - it’s adorable that they get it now

@Panaceia wohoooo doing the biggest second tri happy dance for you right now! Also, now I need to go get mango juice yum

@rachelredhead I’m with you on round ligament pain, don’t remember it being this intense last time

EDD / Weeks + Days: 16w4d

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: action figure 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: definitely blue, the skeptic in me had to see for myself so I went for an elective ultrasound this weekend, yea it’s a boy 😂

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan 10/14

How are you feeling?: no complaints here

Rants/Raves: not really a rant or rave but DS said “mommy belly big” yesterday and I lost my shit laughing, just wait kid 

GTKY: How many children did you want growing up? Has it changed at all over the years? I’ve always wanted two - but now that it’s too boys I may have a third 😬 I keep telling H nope I’m done at two but, yea may have one more and my luck I’ll
    probably end up with three boys 😂
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @thebirdgirl86 sounds like you are working through some pretty tough stuff. Good for you for being able to have clarity about doing what is right for your little girls! You're doing a great job! 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 14 weeks approx
    Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Peach
    FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out 
    Upcoming Appointments: Not until October 20 which is my first OB apt. ETFS came out inconclusive - the blood sample they got was too early and by the time they called to tell me (almost 3 weeks later) it was too late to collect another one. So annoying. Good thing I am pretty laid back about these tests anyways and I wasn't even going to get it at one point so no harm done. If I was a worrier by nature, I am sure I would be way more annoyed. 
    How are you feeling?: OK. Still tired, a little nauseous and TONS of RLP this weekend. 
    GTKY: How many children did you want growing up? Has it changed at all over the years?  I grew up in a home with 4 kids and loved it. My siblings are awesome and we love each other a lot. I always wanted 4 as well. However, my mom was a SAHM. I am a bit of a workaholic, daycare is expensive, pregnancy is exhausting. Since I am self employed I get no vacation time, sick leave, mat leave. Even finding time to go to the doctor during business hours is a struggle.  I worked from the hospital with my daughter... My husband is super helpful but I have decided that baby #4 is not realistic for me. I am happy and grateful we decided to go for a third. 
  • Options
    @gembud So cute about your son! My daughter has started laughing at how weird my boobs are getting. It's gonna get worse, kid....
  • Options
    @thebirdgirl86 sorry you are in a stressful personal season. I’m glad physically you’re feeling better!

@kgg2241 yay for organizing! I always feel so much better after getting tasks like that done. Total therapy for me.

@Panaceia 2ND TRI!!! 🙌🏼 Hoping for a reassuring appt this week. Im in the same camp with you on it either being 2 kids or 4 kids and after how sick I’ve felt this time I’m really leaning toward this being it- barring any complete surprises.

@gembud we sound so similar. I would 100% have to back-up an early blood test result with an US as soon as it would be determinable. I don’t trust anything 😂

EDD / Weeks + Days: 15+4! March 10th
    Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: baby weighs as much as an egg.
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out this week!
    Upcoming Appointments: Thurs the 23rd midwife appt.
    How are you feeling?: no complaints! Anxious to find out boy or girl!
    Rants/Raves: finding an elective ultrasound studio that requires employees to wear masks has proved almost impossible. We have to drive 45mins to the one I finally found. Our state is the worst mandating covid safety measures.
    GTKY: How many children did you want growing up? Has it changed at all over the years? I always wanted a ton. I am the oldest of 5 but myself and my 2 younger sisters are very close in age with my two brothers much younger than us. Like @panaceia I vowed to never have just 3 kids. Think we are pretty set on 2. But who knows what the future holds!
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/20 14.1

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: a peach! my favorite stage lol 

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: green 

Upcoming Appointments: nothing till oct 4 for a regular old OB check 

How are you feeling?: i feel like ive turned a corner, nausea-wise, which is great. Still pretty tired. I'm also feeling chubby, lol. 

Rants/Raves: rave for the bag of cheetos i snagged from my office snack basket. really hit the spot during my afternoon slump. 

Questions: nah i'm good

GTKY: How many children did you want growing up? Has it changed at all over the years? This was not something i thought about AT ALL growing up, and for most of my 20s i was sure i didn't want kids. Then i realized i just didn't want kids with the idiots i was dating. Now i want 2 and that's it. 
  • Options
    @thebirdgirl86 i would be happy with 2 girls too! Sorry things are nebulous with baby daddy. I'm glad you're feeling some relief in the separation though!

@kgg2241 a pink cake! Sounds delish :)

@Panaceia dang, mango juice sounds amaaazing. glad it's working for you. Fingers crossed for a great check in this week! 

@rachelredhead glad it went well with your boss and staying home through mat leave sounds great! I hope it works out. 

@gembud DD keeps telling me "mommy, the baby wants out"...girl, we got a lot more cooking to do! 

@realhousewife519 i agree that more kids would be in the cards if daycare weren't so expensive/i didn't work so dang much. It's just not fair to anyone. 

@night_nurse ohhh good luck finding out sex this week! 

also ETA to my raves: apparently DD blew up my spot at daycare. She ran up to like 5 teachers and said "i'm gonna be a big sister! My mommy has a baby in her belly!" Lol i got some very gentle questioning this morning to make sure it was true. I was totally prepared for her to say something and am actually glad she did, so now i don't have to make the announcement! Yay DD! 

• Options
    Hahaha @morgantu our daycare is so backlogged that I throw a deposit down the minute I get a bfp!! That's my big reveal to them! 
  • Options
    @morgantu When I was pregnant with DD2 and still hadn't told DD1, the kids in her class figured it out and kept asking her and me about the baby (kindergarten kids are surprisingly astute). DD1 adamantly denied there was any baby and just kept telling everyone I was eating too much soup 🤣
  • Options
    @Panaceia lol. Soup 😂
  • Options
    @Panaceia damn soup will get ya every time 😂
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    EDD Weeks + Days: 3/9, 15 weeks 5 days (I think)

Baby is the size of a: Light bulb? I forget the actual fruit but it told me today it's the size of a light bulb.

FTM/STM/TTM+: Second time Mom 

Team Finding out/blue/pink/green: Finding out, but not yet!

Upcoming appointments: This week for just a 16 week checkup. Dying for another ultrasound but I was told not for this appointment.

How are you feeling: like an emotional Rollercoaster with no brakes. DH has been sooo helpful when I am being hysterical, but tonight confessed how sometimes it's hard to know what to do for me and he is looking forward to this "phase" being over. So am I, I've never been a feelings person so this is rugged.

Rants/Raves: DS is out of daycare for a runny nose. I understand everyone being precautionary with COVID and the new Delta variant. However, they won't allow him back without a doctors note and his doctor doesn't feel a runny nose is a necessary reason for a visit. So we are kind of at a stand still right now.

Questions: Anyone having a difficult time "connecting" with their pregnancy? I blame it on the fact that I have a 2 year old and am with him literally 24/7 (I'm one of his teachers at school) so I haven't had time to soak it all in.

GTKY: How many children did you want growing up: 4. I have 5 siblings and love that I have a big family so I have always wanted that for my future children as well. I will probably, however, get 3 maximum.
  • Options
    @brianalee9757 Yes to not feeling a connection. I am sooooo detached. I thought that finding out the sex pr getting the NIPT results or hearing the heartbeat would help. Nope. I am struggling to connect in any way:/
  • Options
    @Panaceia I haven't actually heard a heartbeat yet, I've only seen the heartbeat. They've recorded it because they give me what the heart rate is but they've never played the actual sound. This week (week 16) I will hear it thought because that's all they do for 16 weeks is a heart beat, my weight and my blood pressure. It is so strange, I have my anatomy scan at 20 weeks and that's it for ultrasounds until the baby is born unless I go to one on the 3D/4D places that we went to with DS. I think ultrasounds should be more accessible to people who are having a difficult time connecting because it may be beneficial, it may not. The option would be nice, however. It's been pretty rough to be honest, because I have felt so guilty that I am so disconnected! Sometimes I will sob about it to DH who has no idea what to do for me.
  • Options
    @brianalee9757 I agree. It is so hard not seeing the baby from 20 weeks until birth...especially when that connection isn't there. I'm really hoping that once the movement starts that will help me believe a little more that this might actually happen and allow me to connect more. DD1 had a dilated kidney at the anatomy scan, plus they didn't get all the images they needed, so I had a bunch of extra scans with her. And with DD2 I had some bleeding later in the pregnancy so got an extra scan with her as well. Right now I'm just really hoping that movement starts soon so that I can feel a little calmer and hopefully a little more connected.
  • Options
    @thebirdgirl86 why are men so frustrating? I hope you get some answers soon! Loved that your body was giving you a sign!
    @Panaceia Good luck on Friday! I love mangoes, so now I'm craving mango juice!
    @rachelredhead Glad the conversation with the boss went well! I've been WFH for 18 months now, and we probably won't be back anytime soon. Leadership is ok with 100% remote - indefinitely!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 3-16-22, 15 weeks today!

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: A cupcake!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: TFO

Upcoming Appointments: 9/29 and 10/29 for anatomy scans

How are you feeling?: Feeling less nauseous, but the fatigue is still lingering!

Rants/Raves: My birthday was yesterday, and it was such a relaxing day! Massage, lunch, nail salon, shopping, and a long nap! Looking forward to seeing my friends and family on Sat for a small birthday party. DS made me two birthday cards which was really sweet. He drew a picture of our future family. It melted my heart.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: How many children did you want growing up? Has it changed at all over the years? I have two other siblings, and so does DH. When I was younger, I thought I wanted a bigger family - like 5 kids. Now that I've just turned 40, 3 kids is good enough for me!
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21 Happy Birthday!!!
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21 sounds like a perfect birthday! Are you guys still doing a reveal on Saturday at your party?
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21 happy birthday!!

• Options
    @night_nurse We will be revealing that our pregnancy is twins! Only our immediate families and a few friends know. It'll be a shocker for most, though!

• Options
     jennifer_m21
    Happy belated birthday!

EDD / Weeks + Days: Due March 9th, 16 weeks +0 days

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Avacado. Though baby was measuring 5 oz at MFM scan, so perhaps a bit bigger?

FTM/STM/TTM+: It’s complicated.

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: Just visited MFM today for an early anatomy scan, I go back in two weeks to check cervical length. All looks good so far.

How are you feeling?: Tired, so tired. lol

Rants/Raves: So over the moon to be having a girl. I’ve longed for a daughter.

Questions: Anyone else having pregnancy insomnia like all the time?

I wanted 2, a girl and a boy. It hasn’t really changed, though my husband wants a third.

• Options
    @faithmovesmountains the insomnia has just recently started for me… I think the full bladder wakes me up and then it feels like I am just doomed to be awake for the day. I often try to listen to a podcast to go back to sleep. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn’t. 
  • Options
    Hi all!

So after 13 weeks of not getting off the sofa and whining about my 24x7 sickness , I felt slightly better yesterday and decided to go for a walk. I walked slowly for a mile but ended up having cramps and pulls.  I am fine now and have my next OB appt on monday, but I am scared of going for a walk now and I am barely getting any exercise. 😕
  • Options
    @gayu1107 good job being active! It is so hard to get that motivation when we feel crummy. Make sure to drink a bunch of water. I get cramping mostly when I'm dehydrated. 
  • Options
    @gayu1107 totally understand that’s scary! But any exercise can cause cramping if you aren’t well hydrated and/or you haven’t been active recently. It’s great you’re feeling better and I hope your OB reassures you to stay active!
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 14w1d

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: peach I think lol

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink! I can’t believe it!!! Lol! 💕

Upcoming Appointments: 10/11 

How are you feeling?: great, getting some of my appetite back. 

Rants/Raves: rave- I’m having a baby girl. I’m so excited but also nervous. I love my boy mom title but I cannot wait to go shopping for her and get rid of all my saved boy clothes. 

Questions: do you think it’s crazy to have 2 middle names?! Lol since it’s our last baby and our only girl we want to use both of our moms first names as her middle name. I always thought it was weird to have 2 middle names lol but now I want it. Our first boy has my husbands dad and my 2nd son had my dads name as a middle name. Both of my parents are deceased so I like they get to have a little part of them. 

GTKY: How many children did you want growing up? Has it changed at all over the years? I wanted 4 like my mom and then it changed to 3. Lol! I was content with my 2 boys too. When we started trying for number 3, I just said if it happens it happens lol it took 18 months to have DS2, but my first son only took a month. This one happened within the first 2 months. I’m happy to be a mom of 3!! :) 
  • Options
    @MusicalFamily I have 2 middle names and so do pretty much all the members of my family. I thought it was so weird that SO only had 1 middle name. I had to get used to the idea of our kids only having 1 middle name! And congratulations on baby girl!!!! We're having a boy after 2 girls so I totally get it!!!
  • Options
    @Panaceia I remember us both thinking we’d be having another of the same gender in the beginning. Lol! So crazy! :)