February 2022 Moms

GTKY 9.21

What is your most hated chore?

Thanks @livingoffpbjs for this weeks question! 

Re: GTKY 9.21

• My least favorite chore is definitely laundry. I can get it through the wash… most of the time. But folding and putting it away is the bane of my existence haha 
  • Dishes! I hate the smell of old food-- I gagged before I was pregnant and it's worse now.
  • Loading the player...
  • angelz429angelz429 member
    edited September 2021
    Trash. So much so that it’s my husband and son’s chore lol. I have a cleaning person to do the scrubbing of the toilets (my other least favorite chore). Kitty litter also sucks, but being pregnant makes that not my problem lol. 

I don’t enjoy any chores. My main chores are picking up, cooking, dirty dishes (son puts away clean ones because he gags with dirty dishes lol), and laundry. We don’t fold laundry anymore. Just put in people piles. I’m responsible for putting away my clothes and Brielle’s. Everyone else is responsible for theirs. Makes it more manageable 🤷🏻‍♀️ Though May still sit on the couch for like 3 days 🤣
  • Bathrooms. Anything and all things bathroom. Thinking of hiring a cleaning service after the twins are born (maybe even before) just so I don’t have to do those for a while. 
  • Definitely laundry. My bedroom is on the third floor and our laundry is in the basement so it's SO MANY STAIRS to carry laundry baskets up and down. I'm terrified of falling down the stairs carrying the laundry basket (or so I say...) so it's my husband's chore for the time being lol.
  • I don't have a specific chore for this, but in general, I hate cleaning anything I just cleaned. new dirty dishes in the sink after I just started the dishwasher, dirty clothes in the hamper after I just started a load...
  • The bathrooms, definitely the bathrooms. The big kids take turns doing them. 🙈
  • Laundry, I’m terrible at folding it and putting it away in a timely manner.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @angelz429 I hate the trash too! Since we don’t have trash pickup (we live in the country) my husband deals with all of it. The most I’ll do is carry out the kitchen trash and put it in the can!

@brittany_f @modoodles bathrooms suck too! My least favorite part is cleaning the showers though! 
  • Mine is also definitely laundry. We are renting a house in Belgium because we are only here temporarily, and the laundry is in the basement. My office is on the third floor and bedrooms are on the second, so I feel like I’m constantly lugging laundry baskets up and down the stairs. I can’t wait until we move back to the US next year - we are building a house and having laundry on the second floor was a no -negotiable for me!!
  • Sweeping/cleaning up dog hair. It's endless. I swear I was blind to it (mostly) until my son was born. My husband would always complain about our dog's hair, and I'd say it wasn't a big deal. Now I'm like..."OMG I SWEEP TWO TIMES A DAY HOW IS IT ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE AGAIN?!"

But tbh I really don't like any cleaning at all. 
  • I don’t enjoy cleaning, but none of it usually bothers me. DH told me it’s because I lean towards being a clean freak. Having kids has obviously beat some/most of that out of me lol. What I really can’t stand is cleaning after guests because dirt that isn’t ours grossed me out, especially bathrooms. My in-laws were here this weekend to watch the boys so we could travel for my grandma’s funeral, and it is disgusting today. I cleaned on Friday night before we left, so it really shouldn’t be this bad. 

@ninrms Have you tried a roomba? We have a dog and a cat, so I invested in one of the lower end models, but I run it once a day, and it is amazing. She is a valued member of our household lol. 

@JEM2014 I can’t imagine hauling laundry up that many steps. We have our laundry room on the main floor, but all the laundry goes to the 2nd floor to the bedrooms, and DH carries all of it now.

@brittany_f We have a cleaning lady who cleans our house twice a month, and it was a game changer. We’ve had her for almost 2 years now, and it is one of the best things we’ve done. It frees up so much time those weeks because I can just focus on kids and whatever else we have going on and not worry about trying to clean during nap times. 
  • @makingbacon +1 for a robot vacuum. Ours is set to run automatically every day. It made a huuuuge difference in pet hair, and the kids call it my favorite child. They're not wrong. 
  • @makingbacon @modoodles Hmmmmm I've never really considered one, actually! Can it go over a really small bump? We have a ridge (like a teeny piece of wooden trim) between our tile and vinyl wood floors.
  • @makingbacon that sounds heavenly. 🤤 I lean towards being a clean freak too and with this pregnancy knocking me down and out for the count all I do is notice the dust and dirt and feel so overwhelmed. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I know what I’ll be asking for Christmas. 

Also I totally agree on a robot vacuum being a game changer. 🙌🏻 We have a shark model (his name is Bruce) and it has made me happier than it should lol. Having clean floors is a huge pet peeve/pain point of mine. 
  • makingbaconmakingbacon member
    edited September 2021
    @ninrms Yes! Mine goes goes over bumps with no problems. We have floor divider things whose actual name escapes me, but it’s the strip that goes between the hardwood floors and the kitchen tile floor, and she runs over it like it doesn’t even exist. 

@brittany_f That’s what was happening in our house. I did fine juggling DS1, cleaning, and my travel schedule, but when we added DS2 to the mix, it was just too much. I can’t imagine trying to clean and care for twins. 

@modoodles DS1 and DS2 fight over who gets to turn Doris on in the morning before they leave for daycare. I can definitely see her being the favorite, especially as the boys get older. 
  • I third a robot vacuum--they are amazing! Especially with a dog :) Though it curls up all my rug corners. I'm buying a product that keeps rug corners down so that the robot doesn't keep lifting them as it goes over that portion.
  • I cleaned and disinfected my car today. That is now the thing I dislike most to clean. I should probably clean it before it gets that gross, but it was really, really bad. I don’t even want to know what my seats would’ve endured without the seat protectors under the car seats. 
  • Poop!! I HATE scooping dog poop. I don’t mind the Rabbit’s litter box - it’s easy to just dump and not too smelly but ultimately I don’t do either at this point unless DH is away. 
    I also dislike grocery shopping. Thank goodness for Click & Collect. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• +1 for hating to clean bathrooms. Ugh, I loathe it so much. I'm also considering hiring a cleaning service for that chore.

We have the Shark robot vacuum, and I love it so much! It's the kind that empties itself into a larger bin at its docking station. I have it set to run every night at 5:30pm. It is a godsend.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022