Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 9/23

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 9/23

• Options
    @bows22 I just refreshed to see if this was posted so I didn’t double post again. Haha. You just beat me to it. 😄

Month/Cycle: 4/4AL

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Opk & bbt

R/R: what a week this has been. I’m exhausted. Hopefully it all ends today or tomorrow and we can get back to normal. A rave though… mh planned a date night for tonight!!! I still have no idea where we’re going to eat (or where I want to because that seems to always be my decision 🙄) but I’m excited to get out of the house and spend some alone time with mh. 

CS/Q: 

• Options

@paytonpedro Oh that is wicked exciting! Surprise date nights are so fun and I hope you have the best time! 

Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: Charting, temping, OPKs, prenatals, OB tomorrow for more advice.

R/R: I mentioned to MH that tomorrow I will be open to any tests my OB suggests and will be asking for at least a thyroid panel (I feel like I have an issue there anyway) and when I mentioned a SA, he was very hesitant and not interested and it really made me mad. Like, all you have to do is provide a sample and it is non-invasive. Anyone else's H had these feelings?

Rave(?) I really want to like Fall clean my house but the only free time that I have for this is during the work day and I am finding it very hard to not get up from my desk, leave my job responsibilities to scrub grout 😂. This is a rave because I am finally motivated to clean haha!

CS/Q: I feel like my chart isn't going to have enough data on it to help pinpoint O this cycle because I forgot to chart right after AF ended. (I apparently like to take a little vacation from temping while AF is here...it's like a reward 😂)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Yay for date night! Color me jealous!
    @jellie603 I had that cleaning motivation a few weeks ago and had to go full out while it lasted lol. You got this!

I go here now! AF officially decided to show up yesterday! It's so weird, I have never been so excited for AF to arrive.

Month/Cycle: 3/3 AL

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OKPs, prenatals, sex.

R/R: 

Rant: As excited as I am that AF started, these cramps are something FIERCE. I had to go to the bathroom at work because I felt like I was almost going to pass out. *TW they honestly feel more like contractions than cramps. They come on super quick, I can't breathe for a few seconds, then they completely go away. *End TW It makes sense because it's basically two months worth but holy cow!

Rave: I am SO close to being down with my projects! They have been looming over my head and there is finally a huge light at the end of the tunnel and I can't wait to be finished with them!

CS/Q: 

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @paytonpedro enjoy date night! Hope you eat someplace delicious!

@jellie603 yes. 100% yes. Pretty much everybody's Hs here complain about doing an SA. It's maddening. DH just the other day complained about having to take CoQ10 and vitamin C as suggested by my RI. I told him to stop bitching when I take 7 different pills right now! His complain is more related to the size of the pills but still, he's never had to have a million blood draws and stabbed with multiple needles for weeks on end for IVF and FETs. I wonder if guys are never thrilled about providing a sample because it's not done for the purpose of pleasure.

@tessiesmom26 Do you have some Tylenol or something you can take to ease these cramps? Sounds intense! *tw* I remember being surprised by them when I went through my MC. Now all my regular AF cramps seem so tame compared to what I realized later were legit contractions *end tw*. Makes me wonder if I'll be one of those women who definitely know when labor is starting or will I walk around blissfully unaware of what's about to happen ha.

Month/Cycle: 11AL

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opks, gf/sometimes df diet, baby aspirin, DHA, vitamin E, vitamin D, probiotic, PNV, RI bloodwork

R/R: ugh god yesterday was just terrible. Drove to work, opened the frunk and saw that I left my work bag at home. Drove home and back. Then, found out the utility company was at our house to upgrade some wiring on the outside of our house to accommodate the panel upgrade we did back in April. WELL come to realize that required them shutting the power off to the house which meant the aquarium was going to overflow and spill water all over the carpet like it did when a lightning strike caused the GFCI circuit to trip. So I had to dash home AGAIN to close the valves to stop the water from leaking but power was back on at the house by the time I got home (15-20 minute drive). No idea how long the power had really been out but there was more water on the floor than last time. Grabbed a bunch of towels to soak up the water and spent at least a half hour with the wet vac to get a good amount of water out. Got 2 dehumidifiers running and a couple fans to dry what's left. The carpet is stained a little brown now. Thankfully we never replaced this carpet since moving in to this house so it's likely pretty old and we don't really care about stains. I'm wondering if I can convince DH to replace all the basement carpet with hardwood or tile for easier clean up. We will eventually be moving the aquarium's location in the room to utilize a closet in the laundry room for the filter system. Having that in the aquarium stand is just so tight and makes maintenance difficult.

CS/Q: almost positive OPK this morning so tomorrow is likely O day.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I did take some and haven't had a bad one in a little but so I am hopeful it kicked in and will keep working. What a sucky morning! If you don't get new/easier to clean flooring are you able to put maybe a mat or something just under the aquarium? That way if something like this happens again it would be easier clean up but not a total new floor? Maybe something to think about. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options

Month/Cycle: 1/1 AL

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, vitamins

R/R: All of my appointments today have like 30 minutes in between them. Which sounds nice, except I can get nothing done in 30 minutes. Except get on TB, haha.

I have tomorrow off! I’m trying to keep myself from making a ridiculous to-do list so I can actually relax a little (in addition to getting a few things done).

CS/Q: Nope

• Options

@paytonpedro Date night sounds awesome!

@jellie603 Men are so irritating. They have to do 5% of the work but want to do 80% of the complaining. Good luck staying motivated for that cleaning!

@tessiesmom26 Glad your weird, long cycle is over! Sorry about the killer cramps though.

@inthewoods23 Wow, that sounds like an awful day. If I had ever thought about getting an aquarium, your stories have certainly talked me out of it, haha.

• Options

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: The usual suspects

R/R: Rant: I need to go back to bed! But it's my own fault, got invited to the Brewers game last night and be in a suite, who could say no to that!? lol So my temp this AM was way, way low! Rave: I have about 1.5 hours left of work today, then it's relax until taking the dog to the vet.

CS/Q: 

-I'll add my replies to others shortly, been a busy morning

Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 yay Tylenol! I'm not sure if a mat would really work. We've lost quite a bit of water each time. Like gallons. Hard to gauge how much it actually is though.

@abjm0325 I love having 30 minutes to waste between meetings :D and to be fair with the aquarium, it may more have to do with the fact that it's a very large aquarium and/or because of the specific filter system we have. DH never had issues like this with his 125 gallon tank that just had one of those big canister filters that you can find at any pet/fish store. The current tank is around 300 gallons in the tank plus another 100-200 gallons in the filter system.

@ajsanders-2 DH's company has one of those suites at the ballpark and anytime he's been invited and allowed to bring someone I always say yes  no matter how much of a pain it is to get downtown! Such good food. And the dessert cart? I'm like a toddler chasing an ice cream truck when that comes by :D. We also had one of the suites at Fiserv Forum for a Marquette game. Also fantastic.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 and @abjm0325 while I'm glad I'm not alone, what the actual F? They literally don't have to do anything invasive! I'm hoping for an at-home situation for him so that way it can be for pleasure and insert cup when needed 😂