Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 9.20

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.**

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions? 

GTKY: As temperatures get cooler for fall, what are some of your favorite soups to make?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TTCAL w/o 9.20

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. CP in Sept 2021 @ 5 weeks

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? just been kind of generally grouchy/short with my spouse, can i be annoying and blame hormones? (to be clear i hate that excuse)

Any testing coming up/any recent results? nope

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC/Blighted Ovum ending in D&C, July 2021

Status: Thinking today is going to turn into CD1 due to some spotting this morning. Hoping it just comes so I can move on to the next cycle.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things aren't great. Work is extremely busy and I can't seem to get anything done. I have a relatively new boss (Started last Feb) and I was hoping we'd mesh more by now, but it's only getting worse. Through TTC in there and also family stuff, and it's a lot.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope

Questions? Nope

GTKY: As temperatures get cooler for fall, what are some of your favorite soups to make? I have a recipe for chicken parm soup, I will have to see if I can find it. 

@anniemarie887 all those soups sound so good, I will have to steal some of those!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC @ 8 weeks in Aug. 2021

Status: Benched? I don't know. HCG is negative, but no sign of AF yet.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Waiting, waiting, and a little more waiting. Ready for AF to hurry up and get here. In more positive news, I have been more committed to working out the past week and I am physically feeling a lot better. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope

Questions? Probably another one of those annoying "everyone is different" things, but how long was it after a MC before your period returned?

GTKY: As temperatures get cooler for fall, what are some of your favorite soups to make? Ooh, I love squash soup! The one at Panera is pretty good or I have one I make at home but I'll have to look up the recipe later (if anyone is interested). 

@anniemarie887 I will definitely have to try some of those! Sorry for the grouchy feelings though. Hope it gets better soon.

@tessiesmom26 It stinks when relationships at work make everything more stressful. I'd love to see the chicken parm soup recipe if you can find it!
  • edited September 2021
    I guess I get to post here now. 😕

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Unexplained infertility, CP at 4w4d after a surprise BFP during an IVF break cycle.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Well, considering I was only pregnant for 5 days, it’s amazing just how attached I got to my embryo and how many interesting insights I’d gained. And how sad I was when CP happened. The biggest revelation is just how little I know about what happens on the other side of a BFP. Like not at all. I can teach a university course on fertility, but nothing after “when you get your BFP, you need to do this.” For example, I didn’t know what a “good” beta result is for 15DPO. So I discovered betabase.info. 

I had a session with my fertility therapist this morning which helped me work through some of these. 

***TW intense family drama***
    The most ground breaking revelation was that when I get pregnant again, I won’t tell my parents (not at 12 weeks not at 20 weeks not when the baby is born). I’ve posted on and off in other threads about my complex relationship with my parents (mostly father) so coming to this conclusion was a bit of a shock but I’m 100% certain they will not know. The last I spoke to my mom in early July, we left it at “you don’t have a daughter in California.” So what’s the point of them knowing that they have a grand child here?! It’s truly sad but they bring so much stress into my life… and I don’t need that stress.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have to do another hCG test on Monday as my clinic is tracking it down to 0.

Questions? A variation of @abjm0325’s question: how does ovulation in the cycle following a CP affected?

GTKY: As temperatures get cooler for fall, what are some of your favorite soups to make? Squash soup and broccoli & carrot soup. I also tend to make soup out of whatever is close to going bad in the fridge. Normally turns out pretty good. Oh, and I’ve discovered that Le Creuset is amazing for soup making. 

@anniemarie887 I’m gonna have to check out some of those soups!

@tessiesmom26 that sucks about your boss; I’d have thought that 6 months would be sufficient to gel. What are your options?

@abjm0325 is your hCG at 0?

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @acleverusername So sorry to welcome you to this club. Sending you strength for those difficult choices about your family. I hope you're feeling at peace (or as much as you can be). 

My HCG finally zeroed out the end of last week (about 4 weeks post-MC) and AF started today. I don't have any data for you about ovulation, but hopefully others can chime in. 
  • inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited September 2021
    @acleverusername it seems to vary how cycles are affected after a CP (from what I've seen others say here). O might be a few days later than normal? But it could be at your usual time too. I ovulated post-MC on CD17 and had a normal 30 day cycle so I had no delay.

Edit - I meant to comment on the family drama
    I don't blame you for wanting to keep them in the dark about having a baby. If you're already really low contact with them don't let a pregnancy/baby change that. I have a lot of frustrations with my ILs as well. To the point that I want my family to be the first we tell when we're pregnant (at 12 weeks at least) and later my ILs. I don't trust my ILs to keep that kind of news to themselves. My MIL had posted to FB about our engagement the night we got engaged when I hadn't posted anything yet! Excuse me but no! It really rubbed me the wrong way because that wasn't her news to share.

And you know a bunch of the drama with my SIL so of course I'm like f*ck no she's not ever babysitting my kids. I don't trust her or future BIL.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @acleverusername Sending you healing vibes right now. To answer your question, he's not making many friends throughout the organization, so I honestly don't think he's long for here. My previous boss is also extremely unhappy with where he went, and there are talks about him possibly coming back somehow so that's the hope. I love every other aspect of this job, so I am hoping that this is just a negative season, and that it won't last too long. 

re:family-
    If the relationships are toxic, then there is no need to feel bad about having control over them. You shouldn't feel like you have to tell anyone, just because you are related. Not saying this is the case, but just a generalization. You have to put your oxygen mask on before helping others! Your mental health is what matters, however that plays out. Plus, you have us! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @acleverusername i am no expert, and i didn't use OPKs this month... but i did track symptoms - i started bleeding on 9/1 and continued until 9/6. my HCG was 0 on 9/11. based on CM and an increase in drive i would estimate i o'ed sometime between 9/14-9/17. so basically right back to clockwork. currently just waiting to see if AF keeps on schedule for beg of next week.