Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 9/20

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 9/20

• Month/Cycle: 27/2 AL

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: NTNP

R/R: I had a really nice weekend. My best friend drove up from Pittsburgh to visit. We also visited my parents before they head back down to  Florida for the winter next week. We had a great time! I did find out that my SIL in Texas just tested positive for COVID though which sucks. Thankfully she’s vaccinated and her symptoms are relatively mild. She was able to get the antibody therapy and is doing better. And no one else in her house is showing symptoms or testing positive either so hopefully that stays the case.

CS/Q:  

• @gingermama29 that sucks about your SIL but I’m glad she’s feeling better. And I’m glad you had a nice weekend! I can’t believe your parents are going to FL already! Do they usually go this early? Or do they try to be there more than half the year to be Florida residents for taxes? Sorry that’s a lot of questions for 6 AM on Monday 😂

Month/Cycle: 34/37

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: The usual + Clomid IUI

R/R: Of course AF was rude and showed up while we were away for the weekend after a 9 day LP. It was 2 days longer than last cycle so hopefully my body is close to being done adjusting to the birth control. I’m going to be on progesterone so I’m not overly concerned about the LP but I do want my body to work properly! Anyway, we had a really great time on our road trip - back to reality today! I’m exhausted and planning to work from home so that I can deal with AF in peace!

CS/Q:

• Loading the player...
  • Intro'ed last week, jumping in this week! Hello all!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPKs, sex

R/R: Feeling that familiar feeling of when-the-eff-will-I-ovulate? It's my first month off BC so it could literally be any day from now until who knows (in the past it's been CD 14, 16, 19 or annoying 45-day nothing cycles). Just keeping my fingers crossed that it's an ovulatory cycle.

CS/Q: nope

@gingermama29 I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL. I'm glad that she seems to be doing well and I'll keep my fingers crossed for her.

@bows22 Ugh. Sorry about AF showing up while you were away but yay for a longer LP!

• Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: charting, temping, OPKs, prenatals. I have an OB appointment on Friday (I haven't been in a few years as it was not needed, I guess?) and I plan to talk to them about TTC.

R/R: We were planning on heading up to Burlington for the day on Saturday but we ended up going to the fair instead and it was a lot of fun! That also means that I didn't get to rip up the rhododendrons on the other side of the house this weekend because I was playing catch up on inside chores....they need to be gone before the snow hits, I can't look at them anymore haha!

CS/Q: I have questions about what kinds of questions I should be asking my OB about TTC. My situation is in the spoiler if you want to give me some specifics, but any general questions would help me!

We have a 4.5yo and I haven't been on any form of birth control since I had him. I'm now wondering why we haven't been pregnant in that time (not actively trying but not actively not). Any questions related to this that I should bring up?

• @gingermama29 so glad you had a good weekend. Sorry to hear about your SIL! But I’m glad it sounds like she’s on the mend. It’s so weird how only one person in a household can get covid. I agree with @bows22 it is early for FL, lucky them though!! I’ve got tons of family in FL. Whereabouts do they stay?

@bows22 sorry about af showing up on your vacation. But, I’m so happy you had a great time otherwise!! Did you try any of my suggestions? I literally want to go back now haha. How long of a ride was it for you guys? How nice that you get to work from home with af! That’s definitely a positive!

@Paturkey I’m sorry about O being so mysterious for you! Hopefully it comes sooner than later! You’re username is interesting! Is there a story behind it?

@Jellie603 I’m glad you had a good weekend and fun at the fair! Any good fair food you had? Hopefully you can find time soon to get the other rhododendron out! Are they dead? Or do you just not like them? Lol.

Month/Cycle: 4/4AL

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Opk &bbt

R/R: we had a decent weekend. My husband was off (usually works fri/sat) and my mil is out of town so I didn’t work. Do we got to spend lots of time together. We got all of our pumpkins picked but STILL didn’t pick the potatoes. It’s just been too wet and raining every night so we can’t even get them out of the ground. Ugh. Yesterday was a chill day and we ordered Pho from our favorite Vietnamese restaurant!

CS/Q: 

• @jellie603 I don't have any suggestions for your OB appt but I hope that all goes well and you can get some good advice and support from them.

@paytonpedro Thanks! O will come when it comes, I just get antsy around this stage. You sound like a gardener (or farmer)! I have a veg garden in my city backyard and grew potatoes in bags this year. I hope the weather gives you a dry spell to harvest your spuds! As for my username, it's just a mispronunciation of my last name, but I like that folks get creative with it, like, is it Pennsylvania Turkey? Pat Turkey? Who knows :D 
  • @gingermama29 glad you had a fun weekend! That sucks that your SIL tested positive for covid, but that's great to hear that no one else is testing positive.

@bows22 glad you had fun this weekend too! Is it sad how much I love being able to deal with AF at home instead of in the office?

@jellie603 hmm, I can't think of anything specific you could ask other than what you've mentioned in just explaining the situation. The fact that it has been 4.5 years is an interesting angle as that's a pretty long time and I'm sure there have been 12+ cycles where your timing was in your FW so you would have had a decent chance of conceiving. You may want to ask things like what to look out for that could be of concern now that you're tracking your cycles.

Month/Cycle: 11 AL

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opks, gf diet (real cheese again!!), supplements, RI bloodwork hopefully this week

R/R: omg Saturday was so nice in the low 70s!!! And then yesterday had to get all hot again in the 80s :angry: but there wasn't much humidity so it was fine. Hoping this week goes by quickly just like last week.

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @gingermama29 that sounds great that your best  friend came to visit, I bet it was much needed! 
    @bows22 oooo a road trip! Sorry about AF, but glad you're able to work from home through it!

@paytonpedro oh yes! I got an italian sausage, homemade lemonade, and fried dough. My husband got chicken tenders and fries and I was like...I'm sorry..is that even fair food? haha. The rhodes are just wicked ugly and overgrown in my opinion. The people we bought the house from didn't take care of much of anything so we have spent the last year fixing and cleaning it up.
    @inthewoods23 yeah that is a good thought, things to keep an eye on or maybe any further suggestions that they have about TTC - thanks!

• @bows22 yay they usually like to go down around the end of Sept/beginning of Oct. They flirt with the living in Florida longer than NY during the year but their primary residency is still NY. Glad you had fun on your trip but booo to AF. I think I missed where you went?

@paturkey welcome! Hopefully O will show up soon for you!

@jellie603 no specific questions but I hope your OB can help give insight.

@paytonpedro they live just outside of Ft Meyers right on the gulf. Hahaha the weather is going to be so cool and rainy this week! Gotta get those potatoes picked soon!

@inthewoods23 I’m so glad the weather is starting to turn cooler finally. We have several days forecasted for highs in the 60s and I am so here for that! 

• @gingermama29 I was very excited looking at the forecast that today is one of the last days with a high over 70. 7 of the next 10 days are in the 60s! Fall!!!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @paturkey was definitely wondering if it was Pennsylvania turkey haha. Just a gardener here! But I have 2 gardens and one is quite large. And a large headache because it’s basically been not cooperating all year. Lol. 

@jellie603 yum!!! Fried dough is my jam! I always look forward to getting one at the fair. Your poor rhododendron. Lol. My neighbor has one that was like half dead for the better part of a decade and finally removed it so I hear you about ugly Rhodes hahah.

@gingermama29 that’s so nice! My grandparents used to snowbird there (and then kinda bounce around) lol. I love the gulf side! Ugh I know. I know. It’s just so hard to pick potatoes in the mud. 😫 
  • @Paturkey I’ve never ovulated later than CD18 (and it’s almost always CD14-15) but both times I was on birth control I didn’t ovulate until CD23-24. So I don’t think you need to stress about not ovulating yet! 

@jellie603 I think if you say you were not preventing for that long, that they will definitely be willing to do some testing or refer you to an RE. I don’t think you would necessarily want to start treatment yet but getting some of the tests out of the way (especially for YH) wouldn’t hurt. 

@paytonpedro we had so much fun!! I’ll send you a PM 

@g@gingermama29 we just went to Columbus, nothing too exciting but it was fun to get away!

• @bows22 thank you! Where is a good place on this board to ask about these tests that that typically do? And what an RE is (I see it here often hah!)
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Charting, temping, PNV, OPK, sex

R/R: Rant, Monday's are the worst. Rave, Had a really wonderful relaxing weekend!

CS/Q: none.

@bows22, sorry about AF showing up! Glad you had a good vaca regardless.

@gingermama29, sorry to hear about our SIL! 

@Paturkey, hope that you get an +O soon!!

@jellie603, fairs are so much fun!! 

@inthewoods23, such a beautiful weekend! We went out hiking yesterday and it got hot here in WI real quick.

Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • @ajsanders-2 hold up, you're in WI?? Me too!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I am indeed! 
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @ajsanders-2 totally agree on the Monday thing! I am struggling!
  • Whew so much activity today!
    @gingermama29 Sorry to hear about your SIL but glad to hear is he’s doing ok. Also super jealous of your snowbird parents!
    @bows22 Boo AF and it’s terrible timing. But glad you had a fun road trip! Weirdly we were in Columbus visiting a friend this past weekend. We might’ve driven by each other!
    @Paturkey I feel you on the weird “when will I ovulate, if at all?” limbo land. I am in a similar place right now.
    @jellie603 I also do not have great specific questions to ask but think they’d be willing to refer to an RE (reproductive endocrinologist) if you were ready for that step. For my obgyn appt, my game plan was to come prepared with details about personal and family history and what I’ve charted in my cycles. 
    @paytonpedro How big is your garden?! My goodness you have so much produce to pick!
    @inthewoods23 It was hot as heck this past weekend. We went to a housewarming party and everyone forced themselves to go outside but we were sweating. Just absolutely gross weather.
    @ajsanders-2 Cheers to having a nice weekend  :)

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm

R/R: I had a nice weekend. Went to a friend’s housewarming, which was a great chance to see friends. I also picked up a rare bourbon at market price, which never happens for me. 

CS/Q: Seems like my temps have been about .03 high so far. I suppose it’s too soon to think that’s abnormal. Just different from the last few cycles.

• @pinkkillersheep oh that’s so weird that you were there too! did you find the bourbon in Columbus? DH would be so jealous, he didn’t even do any bourbon hunting while we were there surprisingly 
  • @pinkkillersheep I have a very small, but well producing very manageable garden at home. Then I have another garden at my family’s land that is 1250sqft. 
  • @jellie603 we usually have a monthly chart stalk/questions thread that would be perfect for you to ask that. I can’t get to the second page of the board to see if we have one yet, but I’ll just make one 
  • @bows22 I actually got it as a perk through work. I’m a production manager for a distillery and usually get left out of the fun perks of being in the bourbon industry but was fortunate enough to get this one!