Options

Unpopular Opinion 9.16

Re: Unpopular Opinion 9.16

• Options
    Peanut butter is gross.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @jlbaker08 Well you are definitely wrong about that, but I'll let it slide  ;)

I started this thread because I have so many opinions and now I can't think of anything. I will say that I am usually super judgy and opinionated over names, but so far our name thread has been pretty good. Nothing flame worthy yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    gembudgembud member
    edited September 2021
    @kgg2241 on the name opinions, I LOATHE when people name their sons after the dads. My family is so big on this and it drives me insane, so glad my SIL is having a girl cause we really don’t need another George 🙄 MH is named after his dad and knew that he would never have a son named after him with me, no no no

ETA - anddd one of my best friends named her baby after her husband, well guess who’s heading towards a divorce, but you still have to say the assholes name all the time 😑
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @gembud I hate that too! It is super popular here and it is just so strange to me. Good point about the possibility of divorce, I hadn't thought of that before. 
  • Options
    @gembud The divorce comment made me laugh!!! And I totally agree! It's not super common here but I still told SO no way we were naming any kids after him. I offered him a variation of his name as a middle name but that's as far as I'd be willing to go...
  • Options
    I think leisure travel is terrible for the environment and you should focus on building a life you don't feel the need to escape from. 
  • Options
    @jlbaker08 I agree! Though...I haven't intentionally eaten peanut since I was 2...but the idea is revolting. Then again, it's been poison my whole life, so I guess that's a survival mechanism 😅

@Patience7150 I agree that travel is bad on the environment. However, I don't travel to escape life. I travel to enhance life and myself as a person. There is so much to learn and see. So many different ways of living to learn about, which fosters understanding and openess for other cultures. There are experiences to be had, that are impossible at home.

@gembud my friend named her son her husband's name, but they use the middle name to refer to the boy. It doesn't make sense to me...just name him what you're going to call him?🤷‍♀️ I also hate ____ Jr.