How Far Along?

How big is baby?

Upcoming Appointments?

TTGP Grad?

IF/RPL/High Risk?

How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves?

Questions?

GTKY: What’s your favorite tv show? Watching anything good now? 

Re: Weekly check in for all 9.13

• How Far Along?17w3d

How big is baby? pomegranate (which I honestly don't know if I've ever seen a whole pomegranate in person..)

Upcoming Appointments? Anatomy Scan and CNM appt at the end of the month

TTGP Grad? nope

IF/RPL/High Risk? nope

How are you feeling? good for the most part. Exhausted but that's just life now. Starting to get some back/hip pain. And officially at the point in pregnancy where I get like 5 "active" minutes on my apple watch any time I walk up a flight of stairs  :D

Rants/Raves? We have a Cybex Mios stroller and never bothered with the bassinet attachment for my son because at the time we lived on the top of a triple decker so I knew I would never lug all that crap up and down the stairs on my own and mostly baby wore. The stroller is out of date now so I was able to find the old model of the bassinet for super discounted! We wanted a second bassinet for naps on our main floor anyways so it worked out great.

Questions? NATM

GTKY: What’s your favorite tv show? Watching anything good now? My favorite "any time" shows that I'm always in the mood to binge are 30 Rock and Schitt's Creek. Right now I'm watching Bachelor in Paradise (guilty pleasure) and I just started Clickbait yesterday and am totally hooked. Really want to binge the rest tonight!
  • How Far Along? 20 weeks
    How big is baby? banana
    Upcoming Appointments? end of the month check-up
    TTGP Grad? No
    IF/RPL/High Risk? AMA next month!
    How are you feeling? Fine. Thought the throwing up was done but then it came back. At least it's not nearly as bad as it was weeks ago.
    Rants/Raves? Rant: Still can't get used to side sleeping. Miss my sleep! Rave: We told my SS that we're having a baby. We gave him a book, "How to be a big brother". He looked through it and kind of chuckled. Then he got a sweater that said, "Big Brother" and he laughs again. We asked him what he thought this meant. He looks from me to his dad to my belly. "Do you have a baby inside you?!" I nodded and he replies "Really?! Like in real life?" Then he jumps up and down and says how excited he is. He then says "I was wondering if that was what that lump was! But I was too afraid to ask!" Lol. We then gave him a box full of balloons and asked if he thought it was a boy or girl. He guessed boy and all the blue balloons came out. His reaction was priceless and adorable. He's been so sweet since. Saying things like "he's going to have half my DNA!" and "I need to teach him how to stomp real hard to make the kitchen shake!" He always asks how baby is doing. Melts my heart. MH and I have been nervous about telling him because he's had a lot of life adjustments recently. But he handled it so well-- better than I ever imagined. So happy about it!
    Questions? natm
    GTKY: What’s your favorite tv show? Watching anything good now? MH and I like to watch Ted Lasso and Alone. I like to watch Bachelor in Paradise too @kaf1788! Crazy with all the couples that were really couples before coming on the show. So annoying! I just started nine perfect strangers and it's interesting so far!
  • Loading the player...
  • How Far Along? 18w

How big is baby? Artichoke 🤷🏻‍♀️

Upcoming Appointments? 
    None this week. Second anatomy scan next Friday

TTGP Grad? 
    Kinda. A few posts but didn’t follow regularly

IF/RPL/High Risk? 
    High risk 

How are you feeling? 
    Physically - the heartburn has started but is *manageable* but not fun. Feels like the back of my throat is ready to breathe fire lol. Mentally, I’m okay. I probably will freak out again before next week’s appointment, but I’m in an okay place right now. 

Rants/Raves? 
    We are going over options for our new build and they have “samples” but no pictures of examples. How am I supposed to visualize this and make thousand dollar decisions!?!!

Questions? 
    Natm

Hubs has never seen friends so we’re working through the seasons. It’s still really funny. I don’t think I have a favorite show. I enjoy Legacies (the vampire diaries to originals spin off). I’m 17 seasons committed to Grey’s Anatomy. The Disney+ Marvel and Mandalorean series have been good and enjoyable. I fondly remember Dawson’s Creek (but have never rewatched). 🤷🏻‍♀️ I mostly watch TV that my kids put on at this point lol
  • @kaf1788 oh I forgot about Schitt’s Creek. I’d rewatch that one for sure!
    @lexilougolden yay that your ss took the news so well 💜
  • @angelz429 I cannot visualize either, that would drive me crazy! I get heartburn without being pregnant, so I feel you. Omeprazole works well for me so far.
  • How Far Along? 19+4

How big is baby? A guinea pig! 

Upcoming Appointments? Anatomy scan on the 27th

TTGP Grad? Yes, from june 2019-may 2021

IF/RPL/High Risk? Secondary if 

How are you feeling? Good! I’ve had some minor growing pains in my belly and abdomen, but overall, great! I have a friend who is about where I am with twins, and HG. She is so sick and I feel so bad:/ 

Rants/Raves? Everything is going good here, besides the state of the world, but you know. Haha we have a pretty chill week this week, and I’m just getting things done around the house and being lazy. I’m considering starting on my registry and research, but every time I look I get overwhelmed and stop. 😂 we aren’t having a shower, so it’s just for me, but still. There are so many choices! And I found out my insurance only covers up to $160 for a breast pump! What kind of crap is that? Thankfully I kept my Medela pump, but it was like $350 so I was hoping to use insurance to buy a hands free pump, but it looks like I may just have it go out of pocket, which is lame! 

Questions? Natm 

GTKY: What’s your favorite tv show? Watching anything good now? I really loved GOT, and I’m a sucker for all things nerdy and fantasy. Right now I’m watching grace and frankies new season, and playing vampire diaries for like the 3-4th time in the back ground in honor of spooky season.
  • @kaf1788 I feel you on those active minutes! 😂glad you found your bassinet attachment! 

@lexilougolden are you using a pregnancy pillow? I broke mine out about a week or two ago when back sleeping starting getting uncomfortable and it has helped so much. It makes side sleeping way more comfortable. And that is SO SWEET about your SS. I just love that. My little brothers are 7 and 12 years younger than me and it was so fun (and annoying sometimes) to have littles around, they’ll be best friends. 

@angelz429 sorry about the heartburn! 😩 that sucks! I hope your anxiety stays low through this next week! And have fun watching friends! It’s good.

• @photographerwife I have tried a pregnancy pillow, doesn't do anything for me. I think our bed is just too firm for my hips! Luckily we have a softer bed in our guest room that I'm going to try tonight. I also have a brother 12 years younger than me and I enjoyed it! Love GOT too!
  • How Far Along? 20w

How big is baby? banana or "a girl's top bun"

Upcoming Appointments? 20w anatomy scan tomorrow!!

TTGP Grad? Feb21-May21

IF/RPL/High Risk? no

How are you feeling? today is a good day, I still have this residual headache/migraine from last week but it is what it is. and I got some REAL kicks today right when I first woke up!

Rants/Raves? I've got some goooood maternity/nursing bras now, they feel sooo nice, my boobs are very happy

Questions? natm

GTKY: What’s your favorite tv show? Watching anything good now? I just finished the series finale of Lucifer and completed Reign, both are pretty good bingeable shows I guess
  • @lexilougolden I hope the softer mattress helps! maybe a mattress pad too? and I'm so glad it worked out so well with SS that's so adorable
    @kaf1788 eyyy what a good deal! nice!
    @angelz429 geez yeah, I am not good at visualizing either so I feel you! sometimes these companies have like, 3d renderings of the options so you can kinda see it blown up, do they have something like that?
    @photographerwife insurance is so wild! and I feel you on there being so many choices for these things, and the social media influencer...influence isn't always super helpful either. I think some insurance companies offer reimbursement (partial or full) for willow and elvie, might be worth a look
  • How Far Along? 19 weeks 2 days

How big is baby? Hedgehog

Upcoming Appointments? Anatomy scan tomorrow

TTGP Grad? Nope

IF/RPL/High Risk? RPL, AMA, thyroid that breaks periodically

How are you feeling? Pretty good, and finally getting some 2nd trimester energy!

Rants/Raves?  DH has been really good about handling the boys this week while I was gone. I made it home last night, and everyone was in one piece lol.  His parents are heading here tomorrow to watch the boys so we can travel back for the funeral on Monday.

Questions? Is anyone else have cramping like really low on the bottom of their bellies? I've tried my belly band for support, but I'm thinking I'm just growing.

GTKY: What’s your favorite tv show? Watching anything good now? I don't really get to watch tv now with my work schedule and chasing the boys.  I used to watch Big Bang Theory, Food Network, and a few others, but if it's not on Disney Jr or Nick Jr, I haven't watched anything for awhile
  • I just realized I posted and didn't respond to anyone else's posts.

@kaf1788 I've heard really good things about Schitt's Creek.  It's definitely on my list to watch one day.

@lexilougolden Hopefully you're almost completely done with the puking.  Puking is the worst.  I'm so glad your SS is excited about the baby. His reaction was adorable!

@angelz429 I've been dreading the heartburn starting.  I feel you on needing sample pictures.  I can't visualize anything to save my life.

@photographerwife That stinks they only cover part of the breast pump! I had a medela with DS1 and a Spectra (whichever one had the battery pack in it) for DS2.  I've been looking at the hands-free pumps because they would be great for pumping while driving, but I was a Holstein with an oversupply with DS2, so I've been trying to determine if they will hold enough.

@chgilmore Real kicks are the best! Kicks are hands down my favorite part of the pregnancy experience.
  • @modoodles That's exciting that your friend is visiting! I feel you on the family feelings. There are so many people who don't understand the weird limbo parents with young kids are in right now.  We're vaccinated, but the boys are too young, so we still have restrictions on stuff like unvaccinated people and indoor social gatherings.
  • @chgilmore What bras did you get? I still haven't needed an upgrade but will soon!
    @makingbacon Pretty sure I'll puke till baby gets here. I'm just happy it's a lot less frequent. What belly band do you have? Would you recommend it?
    @modoodles I feel ya! I refused an indoor gathering with family because my dad's girlfriend isn't vaccinated (and she's a flight attendant!). Luckily he gets it when I mention my pregnancy but I'm sure there's plenty of complaining behind my back. Love that you are friends with people from your past bump group--that's awesome!
  • @modoodles I'm glad you're getting to see your friend! proof that if folks do things safely, we can live (somewhat) normally. I'm sorry about the family stuff :(
    @lexilougolden I got a bunch! I'll go drop some links to them in the maternity clothes thread
  • @chgilmore does Lucifer get better? I’m close to the end of season one and am having a hard time getting past the episode to episode crime solving thing. I need more development! I also broke out an old nursing bra, and it is sooo much better! I’m going to ask if they’ll reimburse up to that $160 towards that pump if I buy it oop and just eat the rest of the cost myself. 

@makingbacon I’m sorry about your loss. I’ve had some minor cramping low too. It feels like just stretching and growing pains. Nothing that I would consider severe or Braxton Hicks or anything. 

@modoodles I don’t blame you for skipping! A wedding at this time would already make me nervous, but especially if they’re antivaxx. You know they won’t be wearing masks either. I have a wedding for a close friend in October too and they’re similar so I’m debating not going. I trust my friend. She has factor x Leiden and has been advised not to get her vaccine for now, but the rest of them are just crazy. 

• @photographerwife the trope is definitely present for...a while, but I remember it getting better with other plot stuff by the 2nd/3rd season. basically once netflix took over it got a lot better. 
  • How Far Along?
    19 weeks!

How big is baby?
    A mango :)

Upcoming Appointments?
    Nothing until my anatomy scan on 10/6 (I'll be 22 weeks...agh!). Will also be my first appt with my OB, since I have to drive 2 hrs to the hospital for the scan.

How are you feeling?
    Been feeling much better since my son has been sleeping well for the first time in his life, lol. (I'm probably jinxing it, but that's okay.) Starting to get sore and achey, but yoga is really helping with that!

Rants/Raves?
    Rave--husband and I get our first night away ever in my son's life! My mom is watching T this Sunday/night, and we're going to Chicago for a night away. (Was supposed to be my NIN concert, but they cancelled their shows, so we're doing a fun night out instead.) Woohoo! It kind of leads my rant, though, which is that September is absolutely kicking our butts. Between school starting, driving 9 hrs to Chicago two weeks ago for my cousin's wedding, then driving back to Chicago/Indiana (12 hrs) this coming weekend, we're freaking exhausted. And my son has gotten MUCH better at being in the car, but he still really doesn't like it lol.

Questions?

Fave show is hard to pick! Toss up between Buffy, Scrubs, and Friends (but Buffy probably wins). Battlestar Gallactica is high up there too. Currently watching Modern Family all the way through for the first time ever (had only seen random episodes before now.)
  • @ninrms so say we all 
    did you watch the original or the remake?
  • @ninrms I never watched Buffy when it was first on but my husband and I have been making our way through it this summer. It’s so fun!
  • @angelz429 Shame on me for not clarifying! I've only seen the remake. I think I'd like the original, too, though! My husband got me into the remake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYjLrJRuMnY <--- This was basically me the first time we watched it, lol.

@kaf1788 I didn't watch it the first time either! It was about 6 years ago I first watched it, and I've watched it through maybe 4 more times, lol. I'm obsessed. My husband got me the "season 8" comics, which I still need to read!
  • How Far Along? 20w 3d 

How big is baby? Apparently a Hot Dog

Upcoming Appointments? Anatomy Scan was just done so OB Oct 4 is next. 

TTGP Grad? No

IF/RPL/High Risk?  IF/RPL

How are you feeling? Pretty good. I’ve been pushing it at work way too hard so I’ve been over tired but despite still waking at midnight & 3am to pee I had a good sleep and feel much better. 

Rants/Raves? I’m having trouble keeping up on here. And I can’t tell if it’s because I don’t have time or I’m still kinda in denial at this is happening. I feel like this time I’m just only practical about this baby coming vs all the excited, dreaming thoughts. I thought I’d feel more attached after the anatomy scan but…I just don’t. I know I’m pregnant but I just seem to only acknowledge that and just carry on. 

Questions? Nothing pregnancy related! 

GTKY: What’s your favorite tv show? Watching anything good now? Grey’s will always been my fav. From day one. Right now just watching big brother. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @JWatt5 I love Grey's too--though I'm actually not caught up! Probably this winter :) Glad you're able to touch base with us! <3