January 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-In 9/16

How far along are you//EDD:

Size of the baby: 

Upcoming appointments:  

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:  

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie? 

Re: Weekly Check-In 9/16

• How far along are you//EDD: 22w6d (23w tomorrow) Due on Jan. 14th 2022

Size of the baby: A coconut 

Upcoming appointments:  Oct. 6 & Oct. 13 

How are you feeling?: I feel okay, some back pain. Lots of anxiety!

Rants/Raves: I can not get enough of food right now LOL especially fast food which I NEVER used to eat. Just always hungry! Trying not to gain too much tho, so far i’ve gained 4 ish lbs. i’m already overweight as It is☹️ 

Questions:  None right now!

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie? Law & Order SVU or Greys Anatomy

• How far along are you//EDD: 22w5d / January 15

Size of the baby: Coconut 

Upcoming appointments:  9/28 24-week appointment 

How are you feeling?: Big. Also getting random pains - hip, groin. Sleep is becoming interesting, especially falling back asleep after having to get up to pee. Baby girl thinks it’s playtime. 

Rants/Raves: I’m enjoying my hybrid work schedule. 

I’m annoyed by an interaction with my parents’ neighbor. I saw her for the first time in a while and she made a big show of my belly and asked how far along I was. I told her 6 months and her eyes went wide and she made a face and went, “REALLY? Wow…are you sure it’s just one in there?” I thought that was so rude and my parents think I’m overreacting. 

Questions:  NATM

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie? Aside from my favorite show, “Sex and the City” any wedding show (“Say Yes to the Dress,” “Four Weddings”)

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you//EDD: 24+1; January 5

Size of the baby: Cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments: Glucose test next week sometime; regular appointment with OB 9/28

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I wake up a gajillion times a night, though, and yeah @fifilala516 - this kid is doing gymnastics in the middle of the night pretty regularly, so that's been annoying. I need more exercise though, but my kids have been waking up so early lately that I've been choosing naps over exercise. Oh well. 

Rants/Raves: It's been cooler the past couple days and will be this weekend, I'm stoked. And I got to see a good friend and her 2 month old yesterday - it's so awkward holding other people's babies! Or I forgot how to hold one. So weird. 

Questions:  nope

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie? Definitely the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise and all related spin-offs. 

@fifilala516 I'll never understand people that make comments like that. Who thinks that's a nice thing for someone to hear? I feel like some people see pregnant women and just feel like they have total license to make comments/give unsolicited advice/etc. It's sooooo bizarre. 

• How far along are you//EDD: 24w5d

Size of the baby: eggplant/ear of corn

Upcoming appointments:  Oct 11 for glucose

How are you feeling?: Good! Lots of movement. Some reason big enough to see from the outside. Though walking long distances is starting to feel more tedious in my hips. My massage therapist said that my hips are a lot tighter than they typically are. 

Rants/Raves: Don't have a specific rave this week. 

Rant-this canker sore is really affecting my life. Hurts to eat and talk. I think I finally figured out the cause - a jagged tooth that my tongue keeps rubbing against. It wasn't an issue at my last dental appt at the end of July, so I'm hoping they can just file it down a bit and I don't need a crown.  

Also, my pelvic floor is really weak right now and my bladder control is awful when it comes to sneezing. Doesn't even matter if I just went or don't have a very full bladder. TMI, but a surprise sneeze yesterday morning made me full on pee myself as I was about to leave for work and I had to change. Thankfully I hadn't left yet!! *Note to self, I should probably keep a change of clothes in the car, just in case. Normally I have really good control. I swear I do my kegels!

Questions: none

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie? Real Housewives of Orange County. So excited that Heather is coming back! 

@firewife_911 I love SVU too, and the new Organized Crime with Stabler is really good! So glad it's back on next week!

@fifilala516 I've never understood why people think that just because someone is pregnant, it's okay to comment on how big their body/stomach is. Rude. 

DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you//EDD: 23+6/ Jan 7

Size of the baby: bunch of grapes

Upcoming appointments: more PT, glucose test in October

How are you feeling?: a little better! The physical therapist moved my SI joint (I think?) and it made a huuuuge difference. I can walk again 🙌

Rants/Raves: I’m so happy we are getting fall weather finally! Wishing the burn ban would get lifted so we could have a bonfire for my sons birthday party but it’s not looking likely. Rant: Elvie came out with a new pump that should be covered by insurance but my insurance is more regional and neither DME option carries Elvie 🙄

Questions:  nope

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie? Great British Baking Show lately 

@fifilala516 ugh idk why people think comments like that are ever called for 🙄

• alpacamama2alpacamama2 member
    edited September 2021
    @fifilala516 Ugh about the neighbor! Why do people say stuff like that? I dont even understand how someone could think that is a nice thing to say!

@magalina_h Uuuughh mouth/teeth problems are the worst. I totally feel your pain. Hope it is a simple fix!

@MrsJessS YES! Great British Baking Show is amazing. I'm so obsessed!

How far along are you//EDD: 22 weeks/Jan 20

Size of the baby: coconut

Upcoming appointments:  beginning of Oct

How are you feeling?: still heartburn-y. Getting bigger each day. This little one likes to have dance parties at 4am so I have an early alarm!

Rants/Raves: Rant - I cannot stand people who drive with their high beams on on the highway - like a super well-lit, absolutely no need for high beams type highway. 😠

Rave - my tooth probs from a few weeks ago are officially fixed! Got my permanent crown today. Such a relief!

Questions:  nope!

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie? Rupaul's Drag Race 😆🙈 Seriously the best thing when I'm feeling down! 

• How far along are you//EDD: 24 weeks  Jan. 6th 

Size of the baby: cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointments:  ultrasound and monthly check-up at the end of the month

How are you feeling?:  Melting from the heat at work and totally stressed out. Outside of work, I feel pretty good. Mainly just a stiff back if I sit or lay down for too long and normal pregnancy aches and pains. 

Rants/Raves: I really wish I could start my maternity leave now. It's way too hot and stressful at work right now. This is my third pregnancy while working there and the first time where I just can't take it!

Rave I was in a car accident in July and finally got my car back today! 

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie? Real Housewives, 90 Day Fiancé, murder mystery shows (Law & Order, Dateline, etc.)

@fifilala516 You are not overreacting. I’d be pissed too! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @fifilala516, you were not overreacting. The neighbor was overreacting.
    @firewife_911, I feel you on hungry all the time. I find that I’m eating more snacks than full on meals bc if the lack of room at this point. Maybe that’s contributing a bit to it.
    @magalina_h, ah! Good thing you were still home. You probably have or are doing pelvic floor therapy? If not, I recommend it!

How far along are you//EDD: 24w 6d

Size of the baby: cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments: end of the month for insulin test

How are you feeling?: I have more energy and stamina this week. Workouts have been bomb!

Rants/Raves: have a rave-anyone ever had those smartsweets? They’re great and LOADED with fiber, so verrry helpful as of late.

Questions: no one has questions this week! I do! My OB mentioned my pap is due in October. Do your doctors still do paps during pregnancy? How do they get a good sample if they have to go through the mucous plug?

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie? Housewives of Potomac, circle, masked singer.

• How far along are you//EDD: 21w4d

Size of the baby: carrot 

Upcoming appointments: next Friday OB visit

How are you feeling?: overall I’m feeling pretty good, boobs are sore and I’m still pretty tired but trying to get in daily walks. 

Rant: I got a massage on Saturday and the prenatal pillow thing was pretty uncomfortable and my chest is quite sore because of it. 

Rave: happy it’s Friday and looking forward to a relaxing weekend

Questions: how much sleep is everyone getting a day? I get around 7 hrs each night and have been taking a 2 hr nap most days.

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie? 90 day fiancé, i love reality competition shows - ink masters, glow up, beast masters, top chef, blown away. I love game shows too

@fifilala516 how rude! I also hate how people feel like they can touch your stomach when you’re pregnant 

@firewife_911 I’m also hungry all the time, I have to eat before bed or I wake up in the middle of the night hungry

• How far along are you//EDD: 23W 5D

Size of the baby: Burrito or Eggplant (1 lb 5 oz on ultrasound)

Upcoming appointments:  Had my last cervical length check on Tuesday! Next OB visit is in 5 weeks for my first growth scan and glucola (high risk pros and cons, I get frequent ultrasounds and get to see baby, but so far I have had 6 internals yuck)

How are you feeling?: Good, having some issues with SI pain

Rant: I have to completely remove my SI belt every time I need to pee and the velcro is soooo loud

Raves: Pick out and ordered my crib last weekend!

Questions:  recommendations for any online birth/ newborn prep classes? none of the hospitals near me are offering in person classes due to covid

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie? HGTV binge watching

• @pedsoncrn461, the hospital I’ve chosen to deliver at does free classes online, and you don’t have to deliver there to take them. I’ll have to check if there’s a way to DM on this app. I’ll send you specifics. Or maybe you can find a random hospital in the next city over that does the same open enrollment type thing and holds online classes. There is also a class I know of by Dr. Nicole Rankins. There is a fee. I listen to her podcast.
  • Good Morning Ladies!

I'm a little late in the week but still wanted to check in.  

@firewife_911 MH took my scale away because he didn't want me focusing on it. (i'm overweight too and don't want to gain too much) He and I discussed it and said I wouldn't worry about it unless my OB or NP brings it up.  Our bodies are growing humans!

@fifilala516 The neighbor was wrong.  It's hard to do in that moment, but i would have loved to see their face if you had just said "that's rude" so they could learn.  People need to have consequences for their stupid comments.  

@Lisa3379 it's super hard but daily walks have helped with my constipation more than anything else.  

@magalina_h hopefully you get your tooth fixed soon! and I've done PT for pelvic and still have accidents if there is a big sneeze now that i'm pregnant---everything just gets pushed.  

@MrsJessS so glad you are able to walk now and are in less pain now!

@lilyfox ugh, i have a crown that i need to have done but it's not immediate so i'm waiting until after pregnancy.  was it pretty easy/simple?

@katepattsea I think i had a PAP during my first pregnancy but it was really early on.  I'm not sure how they get a good sample, but you can always decline and push off until next spring.  

@elksamm besides the middle of the night peeing and sometimes it takes a little bit to get back to sleep after I am in bed by 10 and up around 6:30.  

@pedsoncrn461 I wasn't impressed with the class i went to with my first.  Just too old school maybe for me (and i'm old myself!) so this time i'm following mommy.labornurse on IG and will probably buy one of her courses once we are in the third trimester.  

How far along are you//EDD: 21+2 // January 29th

Size of the baby: BoK Choy

Upcoming appointments: Follow up level 2 ultrasound next week.  

How are you feeling?: My body feels the normal pregnancy stuff, small aches and pains, peeing in the middle of the night, but overall I'm doing well physically.  

Rants/Raves: Due to multiple situations (which have almost all been resolved now), the past month has been pretty horrible and my mental health has taken a toll.  I'm thankful for MH, my family and friends but really would like the universe to stop throwing curveballs at us.  

Questions:  I love reading birth stories (not listening to them)--I used to read them from the bump but people don't often post them anymore and only post in their private groups or FB.  Does anyone have a go-to spot where they read birth stories?

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie? I enjoy all the Netflix chick flicks that they've produced recently.  Oh but Kissing Booth 3 was probably the worst movie I have ever watched.  They definitely failed on that one.  

• How far along are you//EDD: 24+ 3 1/7

Size of the baby:  I forget..... Is that bad???

Upcoming appointments:  follow up.U/a and appoimtment today to see if James's cyst has dissolved. Prayers that it has..

How are you feeling?:  on top of all the pregnancy woes, I also have bronchitis and and upper respiratory infection. Yay me... Felling better than a few dsys ago when I could barely jold my head up. 

Rants/Raves: none at the moment

Questions:  anyone else seeing time slip.away. like wow. Only a few more weeks amd its into the 3rd trimester.

Grey's Anatomy. I just started Call the midwife yesterday. Binge watched 4 or 5 episodes. 

• @blackhottamales Yes the crown was simple enough. It did involve multiple appointments because they have to make a mold for the permanent crown which takes time. The "not fun" part was the root canal but it thankfully didnt take long. Hopefully you dont need that part!
  • How far along are you//EDD: 21 weeks 6 days 1/26/22

Size of the baby:  Endive

Upcoming appointments:  10/15/21 Regular OB checkup followed by MFM Growth Scan

How are you feeling?:  Was feeling pretty good until I had my anatomy scan 9/9/21 everything was fine with the baby, but my placenta is too close to my cervix.  They say to not put anything in my vagina for 8 weeks and that it may move on its own.  If it doesn't fix itself in 8 weeks they will have to take the baby out around 34-36 weeks depending on if I start bleeding or have contractions too soon. It's nerve racking and they're telling me don't stress about it.

Rants/Raves: Rants: I'm supposed to be taking it easy, but no one is helping me.  They sit there and watch me clean or say well you didn't ask me to do it.  You can't feel the dirt on your f****** feet because I can.  Raves: I have a lot of energy, which is nice since I was extremely tired.

Questions: None

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie?  Love After Lockup it's a train wreck but I can't stop watching it.  Even have the Hubby watching it.  Those people are nuts.

• @lizzie_30 sending hugs. I never dealt with the placenta issue, but try to take their advice and not stress on it as best you can - it’s hard, I know! Glad to hear everything looks good with the baby. And I hear you re: frustration with people not helping. It really sucks sometimes asking people to do things that are so obvious, because it feels like you’re nagging them, and then they half-ass it or act like they don’t know how to do it… I’m clearly referencing someone in my own life here, haha! Anyway. Solidarity. 
  • @AshleyGemini24 Call the midwife is an amazing series !!! 

Checking in late and it's been awhile. Needed a break from the bump groups.

How far along are you//EDD: 21 weeks today! 

Size of the baby: Endive 

Upcoming appointments:  next Thursday regular ob check and we just had our gender reveal 9/18. We are having a girl !! 

How are you feeling?:  Can't complain honestly. Mostly joint pain now and legs are threatening me with Charlie horses. I try to stretch and keep hydrated to keep it at bay. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: My sisters EDD is 9/22 but I think my niece will be born next week!! So excited 😁 🎉 Rant: I wear hearing aids and obviously sometimes I can't hear everything. Lately I noticed I can hear ppl chew and they don't even have to be near me 😩 Either my patience is dropping or ppl are chewing loud af and it makes me so angry lol. 

Questions:  NATM 

GTKY: What's your guilty pleasure TV show/movie?  90day fiance, but I've been binge watching all the Chicago's! I started some of the shows late into the seasons when they aired, so just catching up. 

• How far along are you//EDD: 22+3

Size of the baby: coconut

Upcoming appointments:  OB Thursday am

How are you feeling?: when I sleep well-fine. When I sleep like garbage, I'm a useless lump on the couch. 

Rants/Raves: we are supposed to have our roof reshingled starting tomorrow, but are in the midst of a 2 day downpour...supposed to get something like 50-60mm. 

Also, the heartburn this pregnancy....I don't get heartburn outside of pregnancy (knock on wood) but man. I had 2 rolls of yam Maki yesterday afternoon while at work, and then have heartburn for hours. I DONT UNDERSTAND. It's like any amount of food I eat equals heartburn. Ugh. 

Questions:  nope

I started to watch Below Deck the other day. I sometimes love smut TV,and this show is doing it for me.