April 2022 Moms

Fit Mom Friday 9/17

Fit Mom Friday is a fun way to help us on our healthy pregnancy goals. Fit is whatever it means to you!

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share):

Week's Successes:

Week's Challenges:

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl?

Re: Fit Mom Friday 9/17

• Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Stay active during this pregnancy!

Week's Successes: Not many in this area lol. Though I was pleasantly surprised at my weight at my appointment this week so I guess that's a win!

Week's Challenges: I've actually been pretty fatigued and avoiding exercise all week - last week I went for a walk with MH and the dog and it was hotter than I thought - I pushed myself too much and felt horrible. So I've been taking it say this week - but my appointment went well on Tuesday and the baby is doing well so I'm ready to get back into it!

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Early bird for sure! I usually get up 1-2 hours before MH and enjoy my coffee and catching up on reality TV on the couch :) 
  • Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Continue exercising 3-5x a week to prep for L&D and better/faster healing postpartum 

Week's Successes: Couple of yoga days and a couple of walks! 

Week's Challenges: Having to be mentally kind to myself. If I’m given the choice between nap and working out, I’m napping. I’m trying to listen to my body during this first tri but there’s definitely that voice in the back of my head telling me I’m being lazy and I’m going to regret it. Although I’ve never regretted a nap in my life.

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Definitely a night owl. I would stay up all night if I didn’t have to get up early with DD6 in the mornings. Being an early bird sounds great but I just can’t do it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): continue being active throughout this pregnancy

Week's Successes: did one pelvic floor session

Week's Challenges: between my daughter being sick and moving, I've been completely exhausted.

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Early bird.
  • Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): I want to maintain my exercising habits and find a healthy pregnancy balance between staying fit but not overdoing it. 

Week's Successes: I did Pilates three days and took a walk every day! 

Week's Challenges: I’m so tired! And get worn out so quickly already. It’s really discouraging. My routine used to be to work out first thing in the morning but to do that I have to be up by 5:30 and that’s just not happening right now. 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Definitely a night owl! 
  • Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share):  Stay active, not gain to much weight, and get through this half marathon.

Week's Successes:  I did a 10k on Sunday, and 2 HIIT runs this week, plus 2 weight workouts.  YAYAYAY

Week's Challenges:  Still tired so getting up early is just NOT happening so I've been doing these workouts when I can sleep in a little later.  

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl?  I can do either.  I love being up by myself early in a quiet house, but to do that I often have to peel myself out of bed.  It's much easier to stay up late.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Just trying to stay active! I want to walk 5-7 a week, at a minimum. 

Week's Successes: Posting on here to help hold myself to my goals. 

Week's Challenges: Since I started working again, it either been too hot or raining when I get home. The one day I walked in the heat I was so exhausted, I didn’t wanna try again. 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Neither one? I love going to bed early and sleeping in late. That hasn’t happened since my daughter was born though. 
  • Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): stay active for basic strength and fitness for a comfortable pregnancy and so I can keep up with my kids and hopefully avoid any more stupid injuries. 

Week's Successes: one workout, some walks

Week's Challenges: I’ve already fallen out of habit and that annoys me, and I feel yucky so I don’t feel like changing. 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? Can I be a sleepy pigeon instead? ;) I can do one or the other, but lean more towards mornings since having kids and hardly ever an uninterrupted night of sleep. 
  • Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Continue my yoga practice of 4-5 days/week, plus extra workouts including hikes, paddles, and swimming to keep my body fit and prepare for birth!

Week's Successes: Not a lot to report here, although yesterday we did go on a long bike ride with my dad, followed by a hike at a local state park in our hometown near Buffalo that we haven’t been to in ages! It was actually really nice— we had both frequented the park with our families when we were little and used to ride our bikes there and have picnics together as little 14 and 15 year old teenagers. 🥰 Plus the leaves are just starting to change color up there and we loved being out in the cooler fall weather!

Week's Challenges: Unfortunately we were visiting our hometown for a funeral for my hubby’s grandma. It’s been a difficult week emotionally for everyone, and I’ve totally slipped up on doing any yoga for the past week. As soon as we get back though I’ll try to get right back into the swing of it.

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? @bluecampanula I’m with you on this one— I’m  definitely a neither person. 😅 I go to sleep so early and then pretty much take forever to get going in the morning. Can I just be a midday person? If I could choose one I would totally be a morning person though! When we do wake up early for morning hikes and paddles through the river or mangroves it always reminds how gorgeous everything is in the morning— the dewy smells, the crickets and birds, all of it!

• Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): stay active to minimize extra weight gain during pregnancy, help with birth, and be able to bounce back after. 

Week's Successes: Ran 4 miles on Tuesday, hiked 4.5 miles Saturday, and ran a 10K virtual race today. 

Week's Challenges: I started work so the time periods for exercise are harder to find. Plus the fatigue is still around. 

GTKY: Are you an early bird or a night owl? You know that meme with the permanently exhausted penguin? That’s me. But if I had to choose one, I’d rather stay up late and sleep in late. 

@shlecks Remind me when your half marathon is? I’m attempting one mid-December if I’m still feeling good by then.