May 2022 Moms
Options

PGAL (pregnant after loss) check in 9.16

I know there are a few of us on here who fit in this category, so I wanted to kick this off for moral support. 

1. How far along are you? Any loss milestones? 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 

4. When is your next appointment?

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)

6. GTKY- Who is your celebrity crush. bonus points for pics (stole this from April BMB 😜)

Re: PGAL (pregnant after loss) check in 9.16

• Options
    1. How far along are you? Any loss milestones?  ~5.5 wks, and nope, not yet...my loss was at 7+1. Unless you count that my betas are already almost 3x higher than they ever got last time.

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)  worse than last time, so I guess that's good, right?

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) anxiety is definitely there. Every time a symptom isn't as bad as it was previously I freak out, because with my loss, everything kinda died down around 5-6 weeks. 6 weeks was the week I felt like absolute garbage with DD so I'm hoping? to see that soon. 

4. When is your next appointment? 9/28

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  rant: love my OB and the medical staff, but man, the front desk staff always frustrate me. Definitely not worth switching over, but so annoying nonetheless.

6. GTKY- Who is your celebrity crush. bonus points for pics (stole this from April BMB 😜)

Not a "celebrity" but more of the character he played...Aragorn from LOTR is 🔥🔥. Was also an Orlando Bloom/Legolas fan back in the day as well, but the one thing my junior high self and my current 30+ year old self (and my grandma back in the day) can agree on is Aragorn 😜

• Options

1. How far along are you? Any loss milestones?   6+6, no milestones yet

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Just the sore boobs, and I wouldn’t really call is nausea but random waves of dry heaving in the morning 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Anxious but pretty low level. It’s definitely manageable right now

4. When is your next appointment? I had my dating/viability scan yesterday, saw bub’s heart beating so that was amazing, but I have an implantation site bleed/SCH again (i did with my second DD) and that needs to be reassessed in 2 weeks “for stability”. I will see my OB for the first visit that day too. I’m glad I’ll get another early look at baby, but the “for stability” wording has me a little worried. The SCH with my daughter was smaller than this one is, luckily it only resulted in some minor spotting when i used the bathroom and never any frank bleeding. FX. 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged) My oldest DD has been back in school for a month and has missed 3 days of school already being 😱 just cold and allergy like symptoms but in covid times we have to be so careful, and she now has a sinus infection…

6. GTKY- Who is your celebrity crush. bonus points for pics 

I can’t think of one for now lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't love that all of us have had to experience this, but I love this idea for the support! 

1. How far along are you? Any loss milestones? I'm 7w1d today! I had my last loss in July at 5w6d so made it past that milestone. 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) My food aversions are the worst of it all! I can't think about food without gagging, but luckily there's typically one thing for the day that doesn't make me sick. Yesterday was potatoes so had some french fries for dinner 🤣

3. How are you feeling (anxiety-wise) It goes up and down. I've been spotting since 5w2d so that hasn't helped. Luckily my midwife team is awesome and we were able to see a heartbeat at 6w and it's slowed down a ton since this weekend, but I still get nervous every time I go to the bathroom. 

4. When is your next appointment? 9/29 for my first official appointment! I don't think I get an US at that appointment, but I'm hoping they use the doppler to check on the heartbeat. 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) My husband keeps mentioning eating some type of seafood for dinner which instantly makes me gag. Never in his life has he said the words shrimp or salmon so often and he needs to stop immediately lol

6. GTKY- Who is your celebrity crush. bonus points for pics (stole this from April BMB 😜)

I still can't get over Regé-Jean Page 😍

Why Reg-Jean Page Should Be the Next James Bond - Reg-Jean Page 007  Rumors Explained

• Options

1. How far along are you? Any loss milestones? Currently 6+1. Experienced our loss in August of last year at 7+2. No milestones yet, but HCG levels 4xs higher than they ever got last time and symptoms are much much worse.

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Nausea has been pretty bad. Foods I normally hate are sounding better than my favs. I think the biggest difference between this time and last is the exhaustion. The second I wake up in the morning I’m ready to go back to bed. Afternoon naps have become a necessity in order to get through the work day.

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Anxiety has been much higher than last time. Every little thing my body does has me immediately thinking the worst. The progesterone suppositories have caused my cervix to bleed on and off which had me scared to death. Taking it one day at a time and trying to just relax as much as possible.

4. When is your next appointment? First US is on 9/21. The wait is killing me!

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) My sense of smell. I cannot smell hardly anything without wanting to throw up. Even things you would think were pleasant just make me want to puke. I never thought walking into an Italian restaurant would make me want to hurl but here we are!

6. GTKY- Who is your celebrity crush. bonus points for pics (stole this from April BMB 😜) Not really a “crush” but I don’t mind looking at Tom Hardy ;) 

• Options

1. How far along are you? Any loss milestones? 5w4d. Loss was at 5w.

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Super emotional and tired. Was feeling very bloated and had large sore breasts, but those are starting to fade.

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Extremely anxious, I've also got stressful school/personal stuff going on. I had my first BFP on 9/8 with FRER, which showed up quickly and I never used my FMU. I bought some cheapies, accumed. Those have the faintest line with FMU, and the FRER seem like they may be getting lighter too. Along with symptoms fading. I don't know what to think. I just know that I hate being in limbo. I have no cramping or bleeding and have only had the one loss that I'm aware of, so I don't know that my OB would want to see me anyway, considering covid and all that. She's also about an hr drive from here. 

4. When is your next appointment? 10/7.. seems like forever away. This will be my first appt.

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) I guess I did that above. lol

6. GTKY- Who is your celebrity crush. bonus points for pics (stole this from April BMB 😜) Justin Timberlake has been a consistent crush since teenage years.:D

• Options
    @happynapper that's great that you've seen the HB already! Sorry about the SCH, hopefully the "stability" comment just means they want to check if it's resolving or growing larger. 

@karisahamdi so glad your spotting seems to be better, and that you've passed your milestone and seen a HB!

@kma21514 totally feel the same way, comparing symptoms and HCG to my MC. Every day I think "well I feel worse than last time" and it does help, a little. 

@grateful_mama yay for passing your milestone! I've also been struggling with symptoms fading this time, but they can come and go, and definitely did with DD for me. PGAL brain is a real mind f*ck 😩
  • Options

1. How far along are you? Any loss milestones? Currently 6+1, first loss was in 7th week, second loss was 8+5… both were after seeing a solid heartbeat.  :(

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Right now I’m just very exhausted with extremely sore boobs! Craving spicy food 🌶

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) I’m feeling really good, but looking forward to my first ultrasound! 

4. When is your next appointment? First appointment is this Thursday! Will have a dating/viability ultrasound. Anyone else hate the term “viability ultrasound”… talk about anxiety inducing! 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) I’m super sad/frustrated that my husband can’t come to the appointment with me.  We have no one to watch our youngest daughter and siblings aren’t allowed right now. I really wish the office would make an exception… especially coming off of a loss! 

6. GTKY- Who is your celebrity crush. bonus points for pics (stole this from April BMB 😜) I’ll have to circle back to this one- don’t have any off the top of my head! 🥴

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1. How far along are you? Any loss milestones? 5w today. I had a chemical last month at 5w

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) So far no real symptoms which is great but also plays with my head. I keep having weird on and off cramping, and my boobs are slightly tender. Almost the feeling of before you have a letdown. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) I’m a mess. I work in OB-GYN and we see so many healthy pregnancies, but also so many losses that I’m having a hard time. My betas last week were 10x better then with my chemical so that helps a little.

4. When is your next appointment? I’m trying to hold out until 8w for an ultrasound, but I may cave next week. I just am scared of not seeing anything 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) Our drain in the basement is overflowing (again) and we have to have the plumber come out. This happens every other year because of all the huge trees around my house. So, no laundry or dishwasher, and super short showers until someone can come out

• Options

1. How far along are you? Any loss milestones? 5 weeks tomorrow.  

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) boobs are soooo sore.  Tired.   

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise). Anxious for sure. I don’t see that going away any time soon.

4. When is your next appointment? Have to call tomorrow to find out 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) Loss was in early 2019 followed by over 2.5 of unexplained infertility. Seriously trying to stay positive

6. GTKY- Who is your celebrity crush. bonus points for pics: can’t think of any right now 😞