Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 9.13

21 Miscarriage Quotes of Loss for the Grieving Mother
**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.**

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions? 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to this fall?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TTCAL w/o 9.13

• @inthewoods23 Well that’s a true and heart-wrenching quote. Pardon me while I go sniffle at my work desk.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC at 8 weeks in August

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

I have apparently decided to do all the things to try to distract myself/ improve my general outlook. Bought some new clothes (tried Nadine West which was fun), signed up for a running club (spoiler alert: I am not a runner), and baked cookies (cookies and running balance out, right?). I'm a better headspace than past weeks in general, but definitely depends on the day.

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

I have to go get my HCG drawn for (please, God) the last time probably next week.

Questions? 

Nothing today

• anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited September 2021
    Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. CP at 5 weeks in Sept 2021

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? well, nothing to do w/ttgp, but we are big pet people in my family, and it's just been a rough last year for pets. our dog died suddenly last july, he was 12 but should've had a few more years. my parent's one dog just got diagnosed with cancer, my mom is actually driving 2 hours to a pet oncologist today to get an opinion about a vaccine treatment for him, and in the midst of this their other dog who is only 5 started acting really strange and sick, and after spending all weekend at the pet ER came home yesterday and had what they believe is a stroke. so they put her to sleep last night. it's just really sad, I was fortunate that the pets we had growing up we got when I was little so I didn't have to deal with a pet dying until I was basically an adult, but my poor younger sisters have had to grieve 5 pets passing away in the last 10ish years. it just sucks. they give us so much love and comfort. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? did my HCG test Saturday, and I'm at 0. so that's a good thing. some part of my irrational brain was hoping it would magically come back through the roof and it would be a giant like just kidding you are still pg. 

Questions? nada

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to this fall? the weather cooling off, we had windows open most of of the weekend and it was HEAVENLY. 

@abjm0325 i hadn't heard of that company, I googled, it's a subscription type thing like trunk club or stitchfix? I'm a big fan of "treat yo self!" so yay for you!

• Loading the player...
  • @anniemarie887 Yeah, it is similar to Stitch Fix (which I have done once or twice in the past). I liked it a little better though because there is no styling fee and you can loosely tell them how much you're willing to spend for different categories of items which can make it a little more affordable. 

I'm so sorry to hear about all of the pet sadness in your family. It is so hard when the animals you love get sick. I'm also sorry about your HCG, but hopefully that means you can start moving forward. 
  • @abjm0325 nice! that's the way trunk club with nordstrom is, and if you have a nordstrom card they waive the fee. so even if i send the entire box back i'm not out anything. the last few boxes i've sent it all back because i'm trying to just be more selective on what i keep, if i'm at all doubting it, it goes back! and thank you, and yes, forward is the direction to go in. i knew in reality i wasn't going to magically still be pregnant, but your brain can really mess with you!
  • @anniemarie887 I hadn't heard of trunk club, but maybe I'll have to check that out next time I need some self-care. I definitely hear you on the brain messing with you. I had one wild moment where I was like, maybe I could be ovulating, before I remembered my body hasn't admitted completely that it isn't pregnant yet.  :/
  • @abjm0325 i know what you mean, big hug sent your way <3
  • Hi ladies.

I'm not happy to be back here but I am happy that this place still exists for those of us ttcal.

@abjm0325 It sounds like you are coming up with some positive ways to help you cope! After my first loss, I ended up quitting my job... not exactly the smartest move but luckily it all worked out!

@anniemarie887 so sorry for all the pet sadness lately. They really are a big part of the family.
    Now I want to try these clothes subscription things you guys are mentioning. I've definitely heard of stitch fix. My wardrobe could totally use some sprucing up!

I had my first MMC in 2016 and found a lot of support here. I recently had another missed miscarriage in August at 12 wks, which was tough as we had already seen the heartbeat and felt good. I had a D&C and pathology actually showed a partial molar pregnancy. So now, in addition to losing a baby, I have to be monitored (hcg checks) to make sure no abnormal tissue was left behind that could start to grow, which would need to be treated by chemotherapy.

The waiting game is rough. Hubby and are I older (37) so really hoping to be able to start trying again soon. BUT good news is my Hcg levels came back as 15 last week (4 weeks post D&C) so we're getting closer to negative! And I got my period so can start tracking cycles. I need blood work weekly until I get THREE negatives, then wait one month and recheck to make sure it's still negative. THEN we can start TTC again.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Blood work tomorrow to check Hcg again

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to this fall? Love fall. Love the weather. It's been a pretty hot and humid summer here so looking forward to cooler days. And apple picking!

BFP #1 9/2/16, MMC @ 8w5d, D&E 10/20/16
    BFP #2 12/17/16, EDD 8/26/17
    L born at 35+6 on 7/28/17 <3
  • **haha whoops I started this yesterday and never came back to it**

@abjm0325 I struggle with picking pics/gifs for this thread! I don't want something that makes us dwell on the sadness, you know?

@anniemarie887 I'm so sorry about all your pets. That's so hard! Especially with the pandemic.

@oliveoil-2 I'm so sorry for your loss. What does a partial molar mean? That's a lot of blood work you'll need to do! There should be a Newbie thread somewhere to intro in so we can get to know a little about you outside TTCAL stuff.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC at 8 weeks, Oct 2020

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things are good. My RI consult was yesterday. I'm still waiting for the lab order plus I'm being mailed a kit for additional special tests. If all goes smoothly and quickly, I think we can be truly TTC again come November or December.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope, just bloodwork in maybe a week?

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to this fall? I love the cooler weather and being able to wear long sleeves. Also being able to wear beanies and boots!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @oliveoil-2 Goodness that is a lot of extra waiting and stress on top of a an already emotional process. I hope you get your first negative soon! Also, this is going to show my ignorance - can you have a period and still have positive HCG? I kind of thought your cycle wouldn't return until HCG was negative? 

@inthewoods23 No worries on the gifs/memes! You always choose good ones, this thread will just always make me a little sad. It would be nice if no one ever needed it. Glad you had your RI consult and have a plan in place!

• @oliveoil-2 oh wow, that's a lot. i hope it zeroes out for you, i do know someone who had to go through the chemo process from a molar.
    @inthewoods23 i'm glad you're starting to get a plan in place!
  • @abjm0325 Hmm I truly don't know the science behind it but yes I believe your cycle can return before having a negative hcg... my hcg was 15 last Thursday and I got my period on Friday.  A lot of other girls in the molar pregnancy FB group I'm in have gotten it back before getting a negative too. I'm going to have to look this up now because I'm curious how this happens!

@inthewoods23 Thank you! I think I posted in a newbie thread a few weeks ago! I get a little confused with all the different ones... partial molar pregnancy is when there is a fetus (with chromosome abnormalities so cannot survive) and also abnormal tissue growth (the mole). There is a small risk that some molar tissue remains in the uterus. The tissue produces Hcg so they can track hcg levels to determine if the tissue is there/growing. I'm still trying to understand it, so far no one has really explained it well to me but I've gotten a lot of info through googling. 
    BFP #1 9/2/16, MMC @ 8w5d, D&E 10/20/16
    BFP #2 12/17/16, EDD 8/26/17
    L born at 35+6 on 7/28/17 <3
  • @oliveoil-2 ah ok! I never remember who has intro'ed. Haha. That's interesting about partial molar. Hopefully everything goes smoothly going to zero.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • My HCG is negative! Feels weird to be excited about that, but here we are. Glad to be able to move forward once AF shows up.

@oliveoil-2 I did a little looking around and it looks like your bleeding is not necessarily correlated to a negative HCG. Very interesting since I figured the HCG would be what would trigger the return of AF.
  • @abjm0325 That is great news! I know what you mean about it feeling well, but it's nice to feel like you can move forward.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22