February 2022 Moms
Options

GTKY 9.14

1. How old are you? 

2. Working mama or SAHM? What do you do? 

3. Are you working on a birth plan? What are you considering?

4. What guilty pleasure are you looking forward to after having baby? 

Re: GTKY 9.14

• Options
    1. How old are you?  34

2. Working mama or SAHM? What do you do? Real Estate Marketer, work from home. Will be able to do both when baby arrives (SAHM and work from home).

3. Are you working on a birth plan? What are you considering? Hospital, medication if possible :)

4. What guilty pleasure are you looking forward to after having baby? Sleeping, wine.

• Options
    1. How old are you? 27

SAHM, I work part time on the weekends as a relationship banker. I’ve been with my company for several years so I’ve had some flexibility. 

3. Are you working on a birth plan? What are you considering? Csection, I haven’t really looked into options yet, but I’d like to not have my arms tied down, and to have baby on my chest once he’s born, as long as he’s not struggling with anything. 

4. What guilty pleasure are you looking forward to after having baby? I’m not a big drinker, but I have a medical marijuana card. So I’m looking forward to that. But it’ll a still be a while since i plan on breastfeeding. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lexilougolden wishing you a good sleeping baby! 😅
  • Options
    1. How old are you? 35

Working mama, I’m an addiction psychiatrist  

3. Are you working on a birth plan? What are you considering? 
    This is pregnancy number 4 most recently after a loss. My birth plan is whatever gets this baby out of me safely. It’s funny how loss really does change everything. 

Though I have had both a c section and a vaginal birth and I would 100% prefer a vbac with epidural if I get to have any say 🤷🏻‍♀️     

4. What guilty pleasure are you looking forward to after having baby?  
    Time off to bond with baby. For the first time I actually GET a maternity leave more than a few weeks (ugh US maternity healthcare really is the worst) and baby wearing/snuggles. And I want to see my bigs with the baby. 

@photographerwife any reason to choose Caesarian?
  • Options
    @photographerwife I mean the quality increasing (not necessarily the quantity) :D
  • Options
    1. How old are you? 32

2. Working mama or SAHM? What do you do? I teach part time. (Used to teach full time, but luckily was able to move to PT when I got pregnant with DS1–so I teach 2-3 full days, depending on the week.)

3. Are you working on a birth plan? What are you considering? First delivery ended up a planned c section because DS1 was breech (and the version failed 😩🥴), so right now leaning toward second planned c section for a lot of reasons.

4. What guilty pleasure are you looking forward to after having baby? Honestly idk 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t drink and I’m still breastfeeding DS1, so idk!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @angelz429 my hospital doesn’t offer VBAC. My son was induced because his cord was wrapped weird and was having d-cels? (Idk if that is the appropriate term) and my body did not respond to any of that induction meds. Pitocin, or the one they put near your cervix. They even broke my water and I only dilated to a 1-2 after 48 hours. So we’re just going to plan another csection instead of changing care providers to potentially go through the same experience. I was exhausted by the time dh got here, so I’m honestly looking forward to having a set in stone plan. And I bet you are looking forward to bonding time! It really is a shame that we aren’t offered more maternity leave. I am really looking forward to baby snuggles and bringing him home to meet ds too. 

@ninrms that’s awesome about work! The flexibility is nice. Eventually you’ll get back to being a non pregnant/breastfeeding person! But I hear you. I don’t really feel like I’m missing out on much either! 
  • Options
    1. How old are you? 26

2. Working mama or SAHM? What do you do? Honestly kind of feel like both, I just started my own therapy private practice and "full time" for that is 15-20 hours a week, so I'm hoping to enjoy a "best of both worlds" type of situation.

3. Are you working on a birth plan? What are you considering? It's on my to-do list to actually flesh this out but basically: going to the birth center at the hospital with the midwife team and go unmedicated/without intervention for as long as possible using combs/the jacuzzi tub/etc at the center. I figure if I'm only going to get one of these, I want to experience as much of it as I can, but I want to be at the hospital and have interventions available to me because at the end of the day, what matters is that baby and I get home safely.

4. What guilty pleasure are you looking forward to after having baby? long term after breastfeeding, doing cannabis edibles again since I haven't had any since NYE and I like it better than drinking. short term, idk if it's a guilty pleasure but allll the baby snuggles and baby wearing <3
  • Options
    1. How old are you? 37

Working Mama - I’m an HR Manager in the Steel Industry 

3. Are you working on a birth plan? What are you considering? No plan, just a preference of vaginal & epidural. He’s coming out one way or another! 

4. What guilty pleasure are you looking forward to after having baby? I just said to DH I can’t wait for a nice cool glass of white wine. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options

1. How old are you? 33

2. Working mama or SAHM? What do you do?  Working mama- I’m an actuary at an insurance company

3. Are you working on a birth plan? What are you considering? Hospital birth with alllll the drugs

4. What guilty pleasure are you looking forward to after having baby? Scotch! And they’re opening a fancy pot bakery in my neighborhood so some kind of delicious edible.
  • Options
    @chgilmore that sounds like a good plan! If I were going to ever try home birth, that’s how I’d like to do it too. I don’t think we have any birthing centers near me though! I prefer it over drinking too. Drinking makes me so dehydrated and I hate that. 

@kaf1788 oh a fancy bakery sounds cool! 
  • Options
    @photographerwife I'm lucky that this birth center is actually part of our hospital and the midwives collaborate with obgyns so it's all pretty seamless/interconnected in case I need or want more interventions. I get dehydrated too! it's just an unpleasant experience tbh and I don't miss it. but a pina colada or good chocolate/espresso martini? YUM
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @chgilmore that’s great! I hope everything goes well for you! Too bad more hospitals don’t offer that. And I know! After reading @JWatt5 ‘s post I could go for a cold crisp pinot grigio too! 
  • Options
    1. How old are you? 36

2. Working mama or SAHM? What do you do? SAHM (2 other boys, 5&8)

3. Are you working on a birth plan? What are you considering? Eh... i'll have a basic one as we get closer. 

4. What guilty pleasure are you looking forward to after having baby? Glass of wine. Although theres a whole different level of guilt lol. 
  • Options

1. How old are you? 34

I have no idea what my title would even be. Accountant and HR for heavy highway construction. The owner is looking to retire in a few years and our one super wants me to go in with him and buy the company. 

3. Are you working on a birth plan? What are you considering? Epidural 💯 

4. What guilty pleasure are you looking forward to after having baby? Going out with my girlfriends. My gfs bday is coming up and they’re renting a bus or van and going to a fancy place in Baltimore for dinner and then a bar/club after and I’m bummed I’m missing out. Also missing out on going to Red Rock 😢 and a few Nashville trips. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    angelob88angelob88 member
    edited September 2021
    How old are you? 32

Working mama or SAHM? Working mama to 2 girls (5 &2). I work for a waste company as a route manager. I have about 35 drivers that report to me and I take care of a plethora of things. I want a career change badly!

Working on a birth plan? No, birth plan is solid. We are having a homebirth with the same midwife team who was with me for my second birth. I'm actually excited for labor this time around.

Guilty pleasure I'm looking forward to? A real glass of wine at the end of my day...none of this fake juice like substitue.

Eta -typo

• Options
    1. How old are you? 35

2. Working mama or SAHM? What do you do? Working mom - I’m a monogastric nutritionist. 

3. Are you working on a birth plan? What are you considering? Show up, maybe get drugs, have a baby. 

4. What guilty pleasure are you looking forward to after having baby? Lunch meat - I miss Jimmy John’s, and I know the doctor told me I could have cold lunch meat, I just can’t get myself to not feel guilty about eating it. So for now, I’m a toasted subway girl. 
  • Options
    @makingbacon omg, can't believe I didn't list lunch meat. That really IS what I'm looking forward to most!
  • Options
    1. How old are you?  34

2. Working mama or SAHM? What do you do? I do income daycare and am a fulltime student working on a teaching degree. 

3. Are you working on a birth plan? What are you considering? My entire plan includes getting an epidural and getting this baby out. 

4. What guilty pleasure are you looking forward to after having baby? Mimosas at the hospital and a good bloody Mary. I looooove a good bloody. 
  • Options
    @lexilougolden It's crazy because I didn't realize how much lunch meat I ate until I got pregnant again.  I don't typically eat it at home, but I eat a lot of Jimmy John's when I travel because it's fast and not completely unhealthy for me.  Weird random fact, but when my thyroid went out of whack after I had DS2, I craved salami like it was my job.  I would eat it by the slice straight out of the package. It had to be from a deli, too, and my preference was one of the brands from Walmart that had a more garlicky flavor to it.  So poor DS2 probably had some garlicky milk for a period of time.
  • Options
    @makingbacon I didn't realize it either! omg, garlicky milk :D Jimmy John's Mmmmm.
  • Options
    I’m just reading over all the responses - realizing I’m the oldest mama haha 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @JWatt5 and here I am excited that we’re all the same age lol. My last bump group ranged from young mamas like 20 to older mamas like 40. We’re all in our 30s so far so all much closer in age