Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS Week of 9/13

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: Where would you like to go on vacation that you've never been to before?

Re: TFAS Week of 9/13

• What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 7 and 2 1/2

Any thoughts about this cycle? We're doing FET prep so we're not allowed to actually TTC this cycle

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? My 2 year old LOVES school! The girls also started dance yesterday and even though it was a shit show with me trying to drive all over the place and get everyone fed and where they needed to be on time, they had a blast. Mama is tired though.

GTKY: Where would you like to go on vacation that you've never been to before? Paris! DH and I were planning on going before we had kids but then we decided to have kids earlier than we'd planned so we never went. I used to say we should go for our 10th wedding anniversary but that's next year so that's not happening. Maybe for our 20th?
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? Benched – I’ll sort this ish out later

WTO/TWW? Benched

Ages of other child(ren)? 4

Any thoughts about this cycle?

This cycle is N/A so just playing the waiting game. Any time AF wants to show up would be good with me.

Any questions? Not today

Rant/Rave?

I am wearing new pants today and they make me happy! They are teal with a little pattern which is outside of my usual and makes me feel pretty fun. On the rant side though my DD has a cough. In non-Covid times I wouldn’t think anything of it, but now of course we’re dealing with if/when she needs to be tested and when she could return to daycare. So fun  :|

If I didn’t have to travel to get there, I’d love to go to Australia and New Zealand. Thinking about that flight makes me cringe though. One of my more likely dream vacations would be to check out Iceland. I know several people on the board have been and it sounds amazing!

• Loading the player...
  • @shortstack930 Extracurriculars are stressful! My DD is in tumbling and I feel like the once a week classes are stressful. I can’t imagine doing it with multiple kids! Also, Paris sounds lovely. I’ve been to France, but never to Paris.

• @abjm0325 those pants sound super cute! I hope your DD feels better soon! It sucks how just a little cough has so many implications now. And yes, extracurriculars have gotten way more stressful with 2 kids! They both do dance on Monday and gymnastics on Tuesday, plus DD1 does Girl Scouts every other Sunday. And she asked me this morning if I could sign her up for softball in the spring and I was like kid, there is just no more time!!
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018

• @shortstack930 Growing up my parents always had a one extracurricular at a time per kid (3 of us). It seemed unfair at the time, but now I totally get it. 
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 10/1AL

WTO/TWW? WTO I think?!

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 mos (also, i'm so over keeping track of this month thing but i also get why it still "matters" at this age because there's such a vast developmental difference between a say 13 month old and a 20 month old who are both just one - anyway, weird rant this morning lol!)

Any thoughts about this cycle? benched, so nada

Any questions? natm

Rant/Rave? speaking of aforementioned age thing - my parents had her over LDW and my taught her that when someone asks her age she yells "TWO!" it's friggin' adorable.  

GTKY: Where would you like to go on vacation that you've never been to before? oh boy, this is hard because i was lucky to travel a lot of a kid, so a lot of what i would like to do is see places through an adult lens now. but, that being said - my dream vacation has been a month in india, and just going to literally all of the places and eating all of the food. just a total immersion trip. sadly with covid, i don't foresee this happening in the remotely near future.

@shortstack930 aww yay! i'm glad school is going well! do you you have the youngest in dance too? there's a place near us that does mommy & me dance starting at 2 and i'm debating signing us up, or asking for the in laws to do it for her christmas/bday gift. 

@abjm0325 we did australia in 2013, i promise you the flight is not that bad!! when you're flying for that length of time the airlines really do go above and beyond even in economy. we flew qantas who i would 100% recommend. i also totally get the cough concern - our preschool says an uncontrollable cough or with another symptom. so i think they're strict, but also fair knowing that germs circulate at this age a lot. 

• ajsanders-2ajsanders-2 member
    edited September 2021

What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3yr

Any thoughts about this cycle? Felt like a really good cycle, and get a +OT when expected, but AF might show up today? Had a little bit of spotting and cramping, so who knows yet. I'm slowly getting back into actually tracking and really pay attention to my body. 

Any questions? Did anyone feel like yesterday 9/13 was Monday the 13th instead of Friday the 13th?

Rant/Rave? Rave! I was on time to work today! Yesterday and a couple days the week before I was so behind the 8 ball that I was right on time almost everyday. Yesterday I knew I was going to be a little late because I had to switch cars with my husband because mine is acting up. Rant: My care is being a poop! Check engine light went on for me last Tuesday, then I worked from home all last week. Yesterday while I was driving the steering wheel started vibrating all weird like so I called my husband to switch with him and have him stop by the shop he works near to see what's up, and then the check engine light went off! Are you kidding me car!?

GTKY: Where would you like to go on vacation that you've never been to before? My dream vacation is to go to Australia! 

@shortstack930 - Yay for school! My DD wants to go to school too, and I told her soon! I'm not ready for that yet! lol

@abjm0325 - looks like we both want to take a trip to Australia!!

@anniemarie887 - that is so cute! I am always impressed with how much LOs remember and what they repeat back to people. Mine will remember things from weeks prior and bring it up which of course we've already forgotten. 

*editied to add some information*
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • @anniemarie887 yes we have the youngest in dance also! Her studio starts with classes at age 2 and before that it's a mommy & me. A month in India sounds amazing, especially with all of the amazing foods to try!

@ajsanders-2 I hope your car is okay! I would love to go to Australia also but I'd be terrified of the bugs!
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:

• @anniemarie887 Maybe I'll get the courage to take that flight one day! Your trip to India sounds amazing.

@ajsanders-2 Ugh, sorry about your car. That is so frustrating!
  • What number are you trying for? #3

Month/Cycle? 4/3AL

WTO/TWW? Tww

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 & 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? I was pretty upset with the timing of O but I’ve gotten over it. if it’s meant to be it will happen.

Any questions? When will I stop crying when I drop ds off to school?? Ugh. It’s been 4 days and I can’t keep it together!

Rant/Rave? I’m still so upset that my oldest is out of the house during the day. There are so many points in the day that I want to say something to him, or ask him a question, and I obviously can’t. We strongly considered homeschooling our children but decided to see how he liked public school. And now I just want him home. Ugh. But on the flip side, he completely loves school! Everyday he asks if he gets to go back tomorrow! He loves his teacher and says he has friends which is so sweet. I just feel like he’s so far above the level they’re at right now, I’m hoping it picks up soon or this year will be all for nothing. 

Being at home with only my second has been a real treat. It’s so much calmer and I really get to spend some good quality time with him that I know he appreciates! So there is definitely a positive to all of this. I just miss my buddy so much!

Europe. We want to do a Mediterranean cruise but I’d also like to go to Poland, Germany, and Spain separate of that. We want to wait until the kids are older so they can experience and remember it as well. 

@shortstack930 so glad your little one is loving school! Hear you on the being tired front. Lots of coffee over here!

@abjm0325 Those new pants sound so fun and I’m glad they make you so happy! Sorry about your dd, there are a bunch of things going around so I’m hoping it’s just a stomach bug for you guys. 

@anniemarie887 when mine were that ago I just started saying 1, 1.5 or almost 2. Lol I could never keep up with the months. I love the patents who are like my son is 37 months on Friday and da da da…. Like no Karen, your son is 3. 
    An immersion trip in India sounds fabulous and I absolutely love that you mentioned food in that. We literally just plan vacations around what and where we’re eating 🤣 We’re super foodies! 

@ajsanders-2 our littles are the same age! So sorry to hear about your car, they always pick the most inconvenient times to act up! And go figure the light goes off right before it gets to the shop! That’s Murphy’s law, right? Hopefully they can still figure out what’s going on with it and get it in tip top shape for you!

anddddd @shortstack930 totally with you on the bugs in Australia- I’ll pass. Haha. 
  • @paytonpedro awww for you, but i'm so glad he's loving it! and yes, we def plan around food. we were just so gluttonous in Charleston SC over LDW, the one spot we did oysters were like 2 of each for both of us, so at first our server was like "ok, 16 oysters" and i was like "no no, 32!" and he was like oh i like your style! lol and i think the just saying almost 2, much easier, going to adopt that. less thinking invovled lol!

@ajsanders-2 ugh anything car related is just annoying. i am trying to hold out for the car industry to stabilize, but i need a new car and am even dreading shopping for it! i don't find it fun. 
  • @paytonpedro awe! yay! Littles the same age!

Yes, cars issues are the worst! Why isn't teleportation a thing yet!?
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5yo boy

Any thoughts about this cycle? Waiting for AF at this point, I can feel it coming. FF predicted it should have been last Friday but Premom predicts today. Tested at lunch today and BFN. I have an appointment with my OB at the end of this month to talk about TTC. We haven't used any sort of protection (including birth control) since our first was born and we haven't gotten pregnant. We were not actively trying until now but I feel like something should have happened....

Any questions? I'll ask at my appointment, but what is everyone's experience with men's fertility once they turn 40? My husband turned 40 a few months ago and it kicked our anxiety about a second into overdrive - he feels like he's getting so old haha. 

Rant/Rave? UGH I'm freaking done with COVID. We had a small vacation to Santa's Village scheduled for this weekend. Well we got the newsletter for his pre-k school/class and they let us know that they reinstated the travel ban. Because this is a school for hospital employee's kids, if you leave the state the child needs to quarantine for 5 days. Not only am I out $300 but we have a very disappointed little boy. And I was very much looking forward to this trip - we were staying in a cabin near by with a cool pool with a big slide. Ugh I'm just bummed. This also means that we are limited for our visits to the lake house (if you've seen me post, my in-laws are selling their lake house this summer, so it is out last season) and I can't take our son to see my cousin who is back from the Navy. It just sucks that we are allowed to go to a giant city within our state but we can't go to the middle of nowhere 50 miles away in the next state. RANTTTTT. 

GTKY: Where would you like to go on vacation that you've never been to before? Ooo that's tough! I'd love to RV across the lower 48 and hit every state. I want to go to Alaska. I'd love to visit Greece or Ireland! 

@abjm0325 I went to Australia for 2 weeks when I was 20. We took an airbus which is like 3 stories and it was definitely a long ride. But every seat had a TV so that helped. For reference, I now need to be medicated to fly - I was definitely anxious back then but not as bad. I didn't feel any turbulence the entire 15 hours!

I want to respond and talk to everyone, but my work is not allowing it right now haha!
  • @jellie603 ugh we also have the travel issues with our daughters preschool, they lifted a lot of it beg of summer and had varying degrees about if parents were vaxed, if it was neighboring state, covid rates yadda yadda yadda. my parents have a place at the beach, right over the state line and now i'm back to having to report to school that we go there - mind you both maryland and de have the beach, and its very transient between the two - but god forbid we cross state lines! i am all for playing by the rules, but some of them are not using logic. 
  • @anniemarie887 I totally agree! We can travel to Burlington VT, in-state for us, which was a huge red zone when that was a thing. But we Can't go to the sticks in NH because of an invisible line. We are from NH, born and raised, and just moved to VT a year ago due to COVID and it has been hard. Ugh that sucks about it literally being the same beach but there is that invisible line to cross! Are you finding yourself being honest and reporting? I am almost to the point of telling some white lies but can't bring myself to do it. MH works at a hospital (where the school is) so they are very strict. 
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited September 2021
    @jellie603 we have been honest, we also have to fill out a daily report before drop off - even if she's not coming and if we mark vacation they will call us and ask to go over the covid action plan anyway. it's exhausting. 
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2 - waiting on AF to start cycle 2 but I’ve racked up plenty of BFPs to be confident this month was not it  

WTO/TWW? TWW for another day or 2

Ages of other child(ren)? 12 mo.

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nope!

Any questions? Who all does or does not temp? I’d like to try but wondering if it would cause another layer of stress

Rant/Rave? 

Rant - my girl just started daycare a month ago and has gotten sick sooo much. She just got a low grade fever tonight and it seems like we can’t catch a break. I hope it’s just from teething but fully expecting for one of us to need to stay home with her tomorrow.

Rave - I went back to sing with our church choir tonight after a year and a half. It was so so great seeing and singing with everyone. 

GTKY: We’re actually trying to go soon on a first trip with DD, and I’d love to go to Asheville, NC for a peaceful trip in the mountains. We might also go to Savannah, GA but I’ve been there before. 

I’m going to post replies in a separate post. 😊 
  • @singing_koala we just took a trip to Asheville this past weekend! Highly recommend it! I'm sorry your DD is sick!
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:

• @shortstack930 I am always so amazed with parents who manage to take their kids to all sorts of after school activities - sounds tiring and fun!!

@abjm0325 aww so sorry about the cough. So idk if you’d ever actually consider those trips, but my sister travels all the time. & apparently there is a HUGE difference in your flight experience with upgraded seating. I hope you go one day b/c those trips sound awesome. 

@anniemarie887 haha I so get the months thing. My sister told me that I better not keep using months for my girl’s age after 1 year old… so you better believe I’m going to continue as long as possible just to annoy her!

@ajsanders-2 Ok those car issues sound bad - be careful! So sorry you’re dealing with that. 
  • @paytonpedro oh gosh I can’t imagine how hard it’s been sending your little buddy to school! Sounds like he’s having such a great time. 

@jellie603 so so sorry about your messed up plans. It’s truly exhausting even making plans when you don’t know what anything is going to be like a week from now. I hope you guys find some fun ways to spend your time at home.
  • @singing_koala the daycare gems suck! hopefully she gets it all out now, or at least that's what i tell myself!
  • @anniemarie887 yesss I’m trying to have faith that she’s building up a super strong immune system. And it turns out her fever last night was from teething! She’s literally about to turn one and just cut her very first tooth today lol
  • @paytonpedro I’m sorry you’re having a hard time with DS being at school. It’s such an encouragement that he is loving it though!

@jellie603 I don’t have any personal experience with mal fertility over 40, but maybe you could ask your OB if there are any tests he/she would recommend for your DH? Also, total bummer about having to cancel your trip plans. Ugh.

@singing_koala I don’t temp, but I have pretty regular cycles and usually clearly turn an OPK so I’m not too worried about missing FW. If you have long or irregular cycles, I think temping can help. On an unrelated note, yes, I think we will definitely look into upgrading our seats on the flights if we take a long trip!

• @singing_koala omg you're lucky you made it to one without having to deal with teething!