December 2021 Moms

Weekly check-in 9/6

How far along are you?: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What kind of skincare/makeup product can you not live without? 

Re: Weekly check-in 9/6

• Loading the player...
  • @prpl11butterfly thanks!! I am hoping it’s not too terrible for too long! Congrats on the paci!! That is awesome! We’re going on a few weeks now in our house. Woohoo!

@kaitcrystalline Thanks! I always say no news is good news!! Haha!

@rpreston17 I have been wondering if I have SPD too? Did your doctor confirm it, or just based on symptoms? I seem to have triggers/flare-ups randomly. Weirdest thing. 
  • @rgn12 good luck on the GTT. Hopefully it goes better this time

How far along are you?: 24 w

Upcoming appointments: Thur with OB, 9/24 with MFM for a growth scan and follow up

How are you feeling?: Tired. Lots of heartburn and foot cramps.

Rants/Raves: Our DD is doing so good with potty training! No accidents in 48 hours and she’s staying dry overnight! Also lots of baby kicks which is nice but not. I bottomed out (woke up to blood sugars in the 50s) three days last week and subsequently felt awful all day. MFM lowered my overnight insulin today

Questions: 

GTKY: What kind of skincare/makeup product can you not live without? Probably just moisturizer since I rarely wear it. 

• @rgn12 I'll bring it up with the nurse on Friday to confirm but everything I'm seeing for symptoms hits the nail on the head. Turning over in bed and trying to get dressed is when I find it the worst. 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited September 2021
    @rpreston17 those are mine too… ughhh. Do you know if that gets better after birth, or is that something you have to work on for a while?

@JamieH2000 thanks, I’m pretty excited… three more days… 🤞🏻

@kats0727 I’m not feeling too optimistic, honestly! I’ve been so dizzy this week already, low BP and everything. Ugh. I might just ask if I can stay in the exam room, then at least I won’t have to walk anywhere and risk falling out. 
  • @JamieH2000 I picked up a cold from DD last week too and it was awful because I couldn’t take anything (also Covid negative, thank goodness)

How far along are you: 24 weeks

Upcoming appointments: next Tuesday 

How are you feeling?: okay, but we’re at the beach and I’ve been carrying DD up the stairs or on the sand and my back has been killing me. Plus I keep getting leg cramps at night which sucks. 

Rants/Raves: happy to be on vacation! 

Questions: none right now 

GTKY: What kind of skincare/makeup product can you not live without? I always put on moisturizer and then a facial sunscreen. I couldn’t survive without either. 

• @rgn12 good luck with your GTT.  I have to do mine within the next week but have no clue when the heck I can go to get it done since DH is away for work.  Should be interesting. 

@rpreston17 I totally get how much solo parenting sucks.  I am in the same boat unti mid October :(

@kats0727 congrats on potty success.  We have regressed before we even made any real progress over here.  Oh well.

How far along are you: 27 weeks

Upcoming appointments: next Tuesday and Friday.  Plus i need to go in for my GTT at some point before next Wed and I can't seem to get anyone to watch DD, so 🤷‍♀️

How are you feeling?: pretty ok.  Heartburn is constantly so I'm drinking antacid liquid like water these days.   Biggest discomfort lately is my rib pain.  By 4pm I can't do anything but lay down.  It hurts so much to sit or stand. 

Rants/Raves:  Costco changed their diapers and I am LIVID.  The new ones SUCK so bad and I bought 12 boxes because they were on sale and I had no idea they changed them!  I have had 3 toddler blowouts in the week since we started using them and I am ready to fight whatever genius changed the design.  What a friggin waste of money!  

Questions:  why does my toddler love me so much that I literally cannot leave her side for 3 seconds without her breaking into tears?  I am not that nice to her lol  But seriously, it would be great if I didn't have to go to preschool with her every day.  Kind of defeats the point of sending her to school...

GTKY: What kind of skincare/makeup product can you not live without?  Aveeno moisturizing lotion and eye liner.  I am a 90s eyeliner girl and do the bottom lash line up!

• @scaredunprepared- I think you can return the Costco diapers!! Besides electronics, no time limit on returns!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @scaredunprepared omg the rib pain over here is unbearable. I actually had my first Braxton hicks contraction the other day during my midwife appointment too. That was crazy! Felt so weird, my whole belly got tight. 

Also you can return diapers to Costco (at least you can in Canada). I would bring those babies back! 
  • JamieH2000 -- You got your first Covid jab at 7 weeks. Pulmonary valve stenosis is an abnormality that happens in the first 8 weeks. You should report it to VAERS so it can be investigated. 

Good luck to you and your precious baby girl.
  • How far along are you?: 25 weeks today :smiley:

Upcoming appointments:  Monday have my Glucose Test.... it had to be moved from Tuesday due to being sick.. hopefully better by Monday... it sounds terrible by the sounds of it... plus when I was at doctors for this cold, wearing a mask for 20 minutes while waiting already made me feel almost faint -nevermind if fasting and drinking something that does not sound good. 

How are you feeling?: Slowly feelin more of the pregnancy -  if I dont sleep with a pillow between hips I feel like a 70 year old woman when I stand up... plus get up 3 or more times to go pee at night... but these things are nothing... I just want to be over my cold - battling a cough still (see rant...) and at point where I am "promising" myself that when I am healthy, I will never take my health for granted again...  (unfort. That usually only lasts 2 days before I forget the glory of breathing normal...). 

Rants/Raves: 

Rave: Sorry, haven't been on much lately - I was lucky enough to be able to go back to Canada this Summer and tell majority of my friends and family in person (I had already told my parents but I waited for everyone else back home.  In Germany, everyone basically knew the second I rejected a beer or wine.... ).  It was so nice to be able to go back home and usually I am fully ready to come back and get back on schedule etc but this time I could have stayed another week or two. 

Rant:  As some of you have experienced... I am also sick!  It sucks so bad... I miss my really strong immune system where a cold may last 2 max. 3 days... and now I am over a week in - basically since flight back.  Got a covid test and blood tests to see if viral infection or bacteria etc and waiting on results.  Dr. thinks wearing a mask for 13+ hours (in airport and in airplane) probably  didnt help cause I may have already been fighting something and kept breathing my own bacteria into my lungs...  which is the only symptom I seem to be battling the last 5 days -  a cough that will not go away.  I hope I find out today if results show anything in case I need antibiotics... and ya it sucks cause obv certain things cant be taken while pregnant. 

Questions: 

Anyone else have baby keeping them up in middle of night? Hehe, my baby likes moving around at 4am... and I stroke my belly... try to ignore it.. but it is a mixture of enjoying it and being like "ok let's sleep".  At moment it isnt so bad cause not working but when I am back (after this cold),  I need to be able to sleep after 4 as I wont have opportunity to have two naps throughout day like I have been doing.  Perhaps baby is also experiencing jetlag hehe. 

GTKY: What kind of skincare/makeup product can you not live without?  
    Hm... I love my facewash... I feel I break out if I dont use it once... but with that I still like my Doir Cover up (only expensive makeup item I will buy)  as my skin is still never perfect and I am self conscious without it...though this pregnancy has been nice to my skin -  prob with all the water drinking and no alchohol. 
  • JamieH2000 -- You got your first Covid jab at 7 weeks. Pulmonary valve stenosis is an abnormality that happens in the first 8 weeks. You should report it to VAERS so it can be investigated. 

Good luck to you and your precious baby girl.

First off, I am generally not a confrontational person at all. Second, this is super inappropriate. I don’t see anywhere where @JamieH2000 asked for any opinions about her covid vaccine or medical concerns. Also, who are you? You haven’t been an active participant of our group, so coming in and giving out unwanted advice on something that is not your concern is totally inappropriate.

For our regulars, perhaps it is time to consider a private bmb or FB group? Just a thought! 
  • @scaredunprepared Thanks for sharing about the diapers. Good to know...although that sucks.
  • @rgn12 I'm ready to switch it up whenever everyone else is! 
  • Also @rgn12..... commenter just joined on Aug 22 and has only replied to this ONE single post.....

• @JamieH2000 and @kaitcrystalline thanks for letting me know I can probably return them.  My sister said she didn't think so, but it is worth a shot!

@kaitcrystalline so sorry you are having rib pain, too.  My OB acted like I was nuts when I complained about it so I thought I was the only one!  I don't think I have had BH yet, but I randomly think maybe that's what this rib pain is from?  But if it was different for you then probably not?
  • @rgn12 way to go!  Totally agree... not the purpose of the Bump group at all... 

Also up for a facebook group!  I feel I can follow much easier on that than this crappy mobile app :) 
  • @rgn12- aww just saw this! What the heck?! Does creep me out because I doubt you guys even know what weeks I got vaccinated!!

im really for a private group or Facebook group whenever!!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 it was giving me stalker vibes for sure 🤔

@j-to-the-amie sameeee. I feel like the app has been worse lately or something. It logs me out half the time haha. My glucose test is Monday too! I’m dreading it ughh

@kaitcrystalline I’ve been having Braxton Hicks quite a bit since like 23 weeks. And recently like multiple times a day…. At most, twice an hour. I’m definitely going to mention to them on Monday when I have my appt. It doesn’t hurt at all though, so I assume it’s fine?? 

• @JamieH2000 yikes..... Definitely creeped out for you! I checked comments history again and nothing has changed.... still just the 1 reply to you...... 🤔😬
  • @prpl11butterfly- she commented again before my last comment but deleted it! I should have quoted it. So weird 
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • @rgn12 thank you for calling that person out, totally creeped me out too. 

I'm ready to move to a private or Facebook group also.
  • Well, it's an odd situation we're in. I am pleased to hear you (and most pregnant women) have had no serious issues to report.