Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 9/15

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Wednesday 9/15

• Month/Cycle: 34/36

CD/DPO: 23/6

Timing: -4, -2, -1

Typical LP length: used to be 12-13, dropped down to 10 but is occasionally longer again. Last cycle (first cycle after BCP) it was only 8. So basically no clue when to expect AF

Testing: I don’t know. We’re going on a short road trip this weekend and I kind of want to put off testing until Monday. But I know I’ll want to have a few drinks while we are away, and I’ll be 8-10 dpo. I’m “drink til it’s pink” but delaying testing doesn’t count as “not pink” haha so I’ll probably take tests with me. 

R/R: After getting promising news from the nurse at my RE’s office that she was contacting the RE to confirm and place my protocol, I have heard nothing else. I hope it’s been taken care of and they just didn’t get a chance to message back. If I don’t hear anything today I’ll ask again tomorrow. At my biopsy my RE said to not be afraid to be persistent with the nurses so she must have anticipated that there would be some push back, but it still makes me feel like they hate me. Hoping to have a more productive day versus continuing to hit refresh on my portal’s inbox. 

CS/Q: if I discard those high temps on CD 12-13 (weekend so I temped later) my cover line lowers and my chart looks normal so I may do that eventually

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 31/15-16

Timing: okay

Typical LP length: Average of 11

Testing: Tested yesterday at lunchtime with BFN using my last test. I'm out of tampons so I'll probably pick up some more tests when I go to get those. It's like eating a salad to cancel out your burger, right? 😂

R/R: We had to cancel out mini vacation this weekend which I'm bummed about. But we are doing a day trip to Burlington, VT which is one of our fave cities and is now only 45 mins from us! I am looking forward to that. 

CS/Q: Not right now

@bows22 I also fall into the "drink till its pink camp" and always go back and forth between the blissful ignorance and being "responsible" just in case haha!

• Loading the player...
  • @bows22 ugh doctors (and nurses) drive me crazy with the lack of communication. I completely understand that I’m not their only patient and that they’re busy, but I personally always feel brushed off. Then when I have to track stuff down I feel annoying. I fully understand where you’re coming from! Also a member of “drink til it’s pink” and I hope you enjoy your road trip this weekend!! Going anywhere fun?

@jellie603 lol at buying tampons and hpt’s together. Been there! The joys of ttc. Sorry your vacation got canceled. That’s a bummer. Where were you supposed to go? But, how fun is a day trip to your favorite city?! And so much better that you’re so close!!! What specifically do you like doing there? Anything that would be worthwhile for me to make the half day road trip?

Month/Cycle: 4/3AL

CD/DPO: 23/10dpo 

Timing: -2

Typical LP length: 10 days, expecting af tomorrow.

Testing: I did today 🙈 bfn.

R/R: I had a whole rant typed out but I deleted it because it was long and ramble-y, and I didn’t really have a clear point. My body annoys me. And when I read about how other people KnOw ThEiR BoDiEs that annoys me even more. 

Anywho- We had a crazy storm AGAIN last night! It’s been literally the past 3 nights that we’ve been woken up by crazy thunder and lightening. Last nights strike was so close to our house that when it woke us up, it literally sounded like a missile was coming at the house. I’m not a huge fan of T&L and these constant storms can take a hike! Today’s dreary and I’m thinking of maybe making some chicken soup for dinner. I think after today my bedroom will be perfect and I can pick out some curtains. I might be back later at randoms for some opinions!!

CS/Q: temps staying high, but I’ve definitely had temp drops on the day of or second day of af, so for me it doesn’t really mean anything yet. And temp was only taken 20 minutes later than normal so I’m not concerned.

• @jellie603 oh that sucks about your vaca! Glad you still found something fun to do! I hope you get AF today so the worst can be out of the way before you go!

@paytonpedro we’re actually going to the same place you mentioned a couple of weeks ago and recommended haha! We had been talking about going and then when I saw your post it solidified it for me! If you live near @gingermama29 then I’m a few hours south from you! Anyway I hope the storms are out of their system now. Lol @ other people knowing their bodies. GTFO with that. I’m sure everyone you are annoyed by annoys me too😂
  • @bows22 ohhhhhh! Have so much fun!!! We really had a blast!! We went to a couple cool places, one (or two) of which I would highly recommend!! If you’re interested, I can pm it over to you! If I didn’t already write about it…. 🤔
     I didn’t realize that we were so close (in the grand scheme of things!) Also it currently started pouring 😑 so not done yet. Lol. 
  • @paytonpedro I’ll PM you! I’m not concerned about active members here knowing where I live, I am just paranoid about lurkers potentially being people I know. Especially now that I’ve been on TTGP for so long and shared so much it would be easier to figure out
  • @bows22 thank you me too! The worst when you're trying to be out walking around and you need stop real quick to double over with cramps haha.

@paytonpedro Are you close by-ish?? We like to walk around Church Street and check out all of the shops! They also have like one billion places for good beer, which is our jam. Nectars (like from Phish) always has great live music, The Archives is a bar that has old school video game machines, there's a Ben & Jerry's, an axe throwing place, Lake Champlain (you can't swim but its pretty), we've seen comedy shows/concerts there, Mad River Distillery has awesome cocktails/tastings!
    Vaca info in the spoiler:
    We were supposed to go to Santa's Village in NH with a little cabin booked at a nearby campground. We are from NH and just moved to VT last year due to COVID and jobs and it has been really hard on me. My husband's hospital is having strict guidelines because the daycare/preschool is there and the kids can't be vaxed - so no out of state travel as of last week. 
  • Going to post now and catch up on tags later

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD/DPO: 31/11

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 11

Testing: meh

R/R: Had a nice chat with my HR Manager today. Everybody is burned out with no end in site, so getting the chance to vent was nice.

CS/Q: Expecting AF tomorrow. I started barely spotting old blood today which is usually my indication it’s coming. Had a weird half temp drop which I’m assuming is just further confirmation tomorrow will be the day. I’m bummed. Having the not great sounding US results followed immediately by the end of the cycle has me down even though I was kind of expecting it. I had planned on testing tomorrow but I don’t think it’ll be necessary.

• @jellie603 I’m like 6.5 hrs away! So I mean not close but reasonable for a weekend get away!! (Or even a really short flight!) That all sounds fabulous!! We like beer too. Haha. I’m just always looking for new places to explore that are close enough to get there and get back in a long weekend! I’m sorry your vacation got canceled. That’s cruddy. Ugh. Currently sitting here waiting for covid to be over and life to resume!!

@pinkkillersheep I’m sorry your cycle isn’t shaping up the way you hoped it would. I hope your doctor has better suggestions for next cycle. 
  • I just wanted to clarify my comment above about annoying things, I read that later and realized I made it sound like I was talking about the board. I really just meant that all things that could potentially be annoying would be annoying to me, even without knowing what they are. I’m a peach right now. 

@pinkkillersheep I’m sorry about this cycle, I was also hoping you would be successful and that ultrasound would be irrelevant. I will hold out hope you are pleasantly surprised tomorrow! 

• @jellie603 I love Burlington and Vermont in general. My in-laws live there and the family has a cabin on lake Champlain. In south hero actually. You can definitely swim in the lake. I know some of the public beaches get kinda rocky but with water shoes, I LOVE swimming in the lake. And yes fir Ben and Jerry’s! We go out o the lake cabin every summer. This past trip we went to both the shop in Burlington and the factory. We also love visiting different cideries because Vermont knows their apples for sure. If you like goat cheese, it’s the newest Trend for local farms. If you can swing by Stowe, there’s a store called Commodities Natural Market that carries A LOT of local Vermont cheese. On a rainy day we did a cheese trail all around the northern part of the state. Omg it was so good. I’m a total cheese lover hahaha. 

@paytonpedro sorry for the bfn. It’s annoying when af takes her time. 

@bows22 I’m also in the drink till it’s pink camp. Communication with nurses and doctors can be so frustrating. I know the nurses at my drs office only check the portal first thing in the morning and if they can, before they leave. So it’s annoying to know that I won’t get a response for a whole day just because three don’t check  messages as they come in. But don’t be afraid to nag, especially if the dr kinda hinted at it. Lol 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 19/6

Timing: -2, -3, 0 

Typical LP length: 13 

Testing: I’m trying to hold off as long as I can 

R/R: I know I’ve said this before but I am so done with the damn heat, like go away humidity, nobody likes you  😆. I was changing the wax fir the warmer to make my house smell nice and I si wanted to reach for the fall scents but I can’t when it’s still high 80s outside  my brain just can’t compute the two hahaha. My sister is coming to visit tomorrow and through the weekend and I’m si excited to see her  she’s my best friend. 

CS/Q: natm

Anniversary

• Super late but finally making it back for some tags.
    @bows22 I feel like finding that right level of persistence versus patience with getting responses from medical professionals is very challenging. Like why can’t there be a better feedback loop? Somebody needs to invent a Doordash version of this where it gives you visual feedback of what’s happening so you know if you need to intervene. And sadly AF ended up coming this evening so it’s officially CD1  :(
    @jellie603 Sorry to hear your mini vacation was cancelled. I hope you get to do your day trip! Vermont is on my list of states to go someday. It sounds beautiful.
    @paytonpedro Bodies ARE annoying. I swear mine fights me on everything. Sorry for the BFN.
    @hgsurvivor Enjoy the weekend with your sister! My sisters and I are close too. It’s so hard to get together, so anytime we do it feels really special.

• @bows22 I didnt interpret your comment like that at all. You’re good, girl! 😁

@hgsurvivor

@pinkkillersheep so sorry about cd1. I’m thinking I’m probably right behind you.
  • @paytonpedro 🤣 🤣 I tried that today made it about 20 min into running errands. Had to turn around and go back to summer clothes. Ugh! I was so mad too. Haha. We keep the AC so high that it’s always winter in my house. 
      Anniversary

• @hgsurvivor omg a cheese tour sounds amazing! We love cheese too hahah. We live about 20 mins from Waterbury so we go to B&J factory more often than we should oops! There is also a great craft beer store in Waterbury and Cider Mill store where get our maple cream/sugar/pancake mix etc. 

@pinkkillersheep It certainly is beautiful! We moved here from central New Hampshire less than a year ago because my husband was offered a great new job. I was wicked bitt about it - I love NH and was not happy to move (I have a NH tattoo and everything haha). I'm still not happy about it but the state is growing on me!