January 2022 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 9/10

Any plans for this weekend? 

We have swim lessons both days, but otherwise we're really boring people, haha. Maybe we'll go for a couple walks. I've started to fall down the 9/11 rabbit hole - I do this every September. I'm glad 9/11 is on a weekend so I can't watch the news or anything about it with the kids around, although that's all I've done today. I just can't believe it's been 20 years. 

Re: Weekend Randoms 9/10

• Options
    @Lisa3379 the had to rethink the year too because I couldn't believe that it's been 20 years. My kids at school couldn't believe I was alive when it happened 😂

It's a big weekend here in Iowa with the rivalry football game between Iowa State and the University of Iowa. Its like a holiday here. I couldn't care less, being from MN, but Iowa State is my husband's alma mater, so I root for them by default. 

Other than that relaxing, eating a lot of good food, and a massage!

DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My 4 year old has his 1st soccer game today. And we are gonna try to make it to church in the morning. Other than that I guess it's cleanimg house 🏠 and spending time with the family. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Y’all. I’m sewing a dress and it’s taking me forever because my brain is tired and broken. 

Also I apparently got summoned for jury duty…under my maiden name in my hometown where I shouldn’t be registered to vote anymore. I haven’t voted there in 10+ years and registered to vote in Texas when we lived there. Which is a good reminder that I need to register to vote where we are now. But looooooord have mercy 🙄 I mean it’ll be easy to call and get out of it. But still. 
  • Options
    My bday was this Friday! I had such a good weekend so far.  Hubby booked me a prenatal massage and then surprised me with flowers from our future son! It was too cute.  Then yesterday we had an amazing brunch at the Ritz Carlton here on the beach in Half Moon Bay.  Y’all it was SO good.  They don’t do a buffet anymore but it’s still all you can eat small plates for two hours - I’m talking lobster, crab, wagyu beef, caviar and more!  Yum!!! 
    Then in the afternoon it was a tear fest watching 9/11 memorial tributes.  
    Today will be a lazy day - take the pup on a walk.  Nap etc.  I’m reading a good book so def some hammock reading time too.  

• Options
    @karenmarie9 happy birthday! 🥳 Sounds like it was a wonderful one for you. What book are you reading currently?
  • Options
    @karenmarie9 Happy belated! It was my MIL’s birthday on Friday too and we went out for a delicious Italian meal.

Our weekend was pretty lazy except we managed to get another wall painted in LO’s nursery and did a grocery store run. 

We also decided on doing a small baby shower at our apartment but we are requiring everyone show proof of vaccination. If our guests don’t like it, they don’t have to come 🤷🏻‍♀️  
  • Options
    @katepattsea - thanks!  I am reading “the idea of you”. It’s about a 39 year old woman that starts dating a much younger rock star.  Very good so far!  
  • Options
    @karenmarie9 Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a great weekend!