May 2022 Moms

General Meals! - Not cravings, just good pregnancy eats!

I always see pages about what we can’t eat or shouldn’t eat, but it’s a lot harder to come by great meals we can eat! This discussion is to share meals that you feel are well rounded and delicious so anyone feeling stuck can try it or have some inspiration!

Re: General Meals! - Not cravings, just good pregnancy eats!

• I’ve been having avocado toast in the mornings lately, which I feel like is good for energy. I just mash up an avocado and add salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic salt. Sometimes I add diced onions, and you can also add an egg for more protein (which apparently we need even more of now)! 💪🏻
  • Not a specific meal recommendation, but with my first, I bought "What to Eat When You're Expecting" and that had some good suggestions that were pretty easy to make. Definitely recommend looking for a copy at the library or local bookstore. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ooh I’m going to check this out, thanks @Bababatty !
  • @kellyt89 that's been my go-to breakfast too! I feel like it definitely helps with the energy in the morning and keeps me feeling full until lunch. 
  • @kellyt89 Yes to proteins! I just read an Insta post from a labor nurse saying eating proteins in the morning reduces morning sickness. I didn't know about that and will try it this time. Greek yogurt will be the #1 for protein content.

I will track my food intake religiously this time. I still carry 25 lbs extra from my previous pregnancy (I am still breastfeeding too which doesn't help). I want to gain just what is necessary.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Is there a good app that you can track food in pregnancy mode? I know a few of them i have a breastfeeding mode. 

I still have a little “baby” weight even though the “baby” is now 3 
  • Lately I’ve been having baked salmon and brown rice with a little bit of Thai ginger marinade. Simple (because of the queasiness), good protein and a tiny bit of spice from the sauce. 

Breakfast has been tougher, I did a popsicle and crackers today and didn’t get sick, yay!

My doctor recommended taking the prenatal vitamins at night with food rather than in the morning to ease nausea and it worked today! 🤞🏻
  • @rikiteacup same here. I don’t want to obsess over it, but feel like I need to keep an eye on it 1st tri since I’m still like 20# up from my pre-pregnancy weight (which is fine! I’m just considered overweight now). Last time I ate so many freaking carbs first tri that I gained like 10# 😆
    I don’t have any recipe recommendations ATM, but will share it I do!
  • I don’t have any particular recipes but I eat a lot of eggs, avocado toast, grilled chicken, veggies, homemade pizza, smoothies, pasta (can’t live without). The only things I avoid now is deli meat and sushi.