Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 9/6

Hope it's okay that I'm starting this one!

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.**

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions? 

GTKY: If you could live as a character in a book or TV show, where would you want to live?

Re: TTCAL w/o 9/6

•  Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.  MC at 8 weeks in August

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

DH and I have had some good talks about continuing on the TTC journey. I’m not sure we will ever be 100% in the same place, but I feel good about our plan moving forward and that is enough for now. I’m weirdly glad it is September and glad to be putting a little more distance between myself and the loss. Feeling ready to move forward, so just hoping my body behaves and gets back on schedule in a few weeks.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Final (hopefully) blood draw on Friday to confirm negative HCG

Questions?  I feel like I need a new hobby for working on while watching TV. I’ve done some craft things in the past (knitting, cross-stitch, etc.), but have fallen off with them lately. Any ideas?

GTKY: If you could live as a character in a book or TV show, where would you want to live?

I would love to live in Stars Hollow on Gilmore Girls! Such a favorite show of mine when it was on.

• @abjm0325 do you need to be watching the TV screen? Puzzles may be a good option.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC at 8 weeks, Oct 2020

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things have been good lately. Getting dinner with my friend tonight so yay! Still very very excited to be meeting with the RI next week. Doing my best to ignore that the consult plus the testing may be an arm and a leg haha. I have to check my insurance to see what tests are covered. Hopefully it can all fall under diagnostic as I think we have really good coverage for that. Haven't met our deductible yet though 🙁

Any testing coming up/any recent results? My testing might be in a week or 2 with results coming about 4 weeks later

Questions? Nope

GTKY: If you could live as a character in a book or TV show, where would you want to live? I loved the universe in the His Dark Materials series (The Golden Compass).
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 I don't NEED to have the TV on at all, haha. But it's how I unwind for a bit in the evenings, so being realistic with myself. Puzzles are a great idea! I'm excited to hear how your consult goes. Fingers crossed insurance will cover most of what you need. It is always a little infuriating how seemingly arbitrary coverage can be.
  • @abjm0325 fingers crossed for your blood draw tomorrow! i am the worst and just scroll my phone while watching tv... i always think i should do something more productive
    @inthewoods23 oh fun about dinner, i'm doing the same tonight and very excited about it!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. CP at 5 weeks Sept 2021

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? my body is just like retaliating, had a weird upset stomach starting monday night... i think it's finally passed/passing?!

Any testing coming up/any recent results? just set my lab appt for saturday to make sure hcg is at 0

Questions? natm

GTKY: If you could live as a character in a book or TV show, where would you want to live? oh fun, but also a hard one! for the sheer beauty of costume and set design - mad men. although, i don't want the societal norms/expectations toward women of that era. 
  • I ended up having my blood work done today instead of tomorrow (uninteresting story) and my HCG is 7.94. Seriously?! So now I have to go back and have it drawn again in another week or two and sit with all those nice pregnant ladies in the waiting room again. Sigh. 
  • @abjm0325 Ugh, I am so sorry that your levels are still there. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @abjm0325 ugh i'm sorry! you can't just go to like quest or labcorp? 
  • @abjm0325 how long ago was your MC? I had my HCG checked around 2.5 weeks after and it was around 6. A couple days later I had a follow up with my OB to actually establish care with her since I was new to the practice and mentioned to her that I still got a positive HPT that morning (I was exactly 3 weeks post-MC). I had read about some people's HCG stalling and basically falling only a few points or even less days later. I was worried I was going to be stuck in just barely clinically pregnant territory. She did a blood draw again and my HCG was right around 3-4 so I was officially not pregnant thankfully.

This is why any Peggy coming around asking if their tests are positive I know are 100% negative because I had a FRER that was showing a faint, but very clear line with an HCG of 3 when FRERs are advertised with a sensitivity of 6.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @anniemarie887 I could ask the midwife about that. I know that they will do the follow up care with me if the levels don't drop, but I suppose I could have the results sent to them. Thanks for the suggestion.

@inthewoods23 I stopped bleeding almost two weeks ago (and started bleeding over 3 weeks ago). HCG dropped from about 930 at the first draw 2.5 weeks ago, so I'm hoping I just came like a day or two too early and it will be down by next week. If it's not down though, apparently they need to look for an infection or reason the number isn't bottoming out, which sounds super fun. Thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully my follow up will be similar.
  • @abjm0325 my practice had no issue send the order to a diff location, with rush hour traffic it can be an hour drive to the hospital and i just wasn't in the mood for that when already being upset and not feeling well, and quest is around the corner from my house.