Infertility
Options

New here and in the first few days of my 2ww - kids

I’m just 4 days in on my 2ww after my first try with iui, my husband and I have been trying to conceive for the last 3 years and got told a 2 months ago, it’s unexplained infertility. 
We are both very excited that we can try iui, but I’m just wondering…. How do you get through the 2ww? I’ve been doing my best to keep busy but it seems that I just can’t help but think about it. Any tips? 

Re: New here and in the first few days of my 2ww - kids

• Options
    @bkvs15 To keep busy is the most common advice on how to get through the 2ww, but better said than done, right? Well, for me I watch my favorite movies and tv series, organize and clean up stuff in the house, cook meals for my me and DH etc. Well, this is pretty much the same as what I usually do on a normal day, but it keeps me from overthinking/stressing on things I can’t control. But, I try to move as much as I can to maintain blood circulation. I’m also in my 2ww, 3dp4dt to be exact. 😊
  • Options
    KTB81KTB81 member
    edited July 2021
    Hi Bkvs and Tinj,
    My 2 week wait started today after a fresh IVF transfer. We had our embryo transfer this morning and transferred 2 perfect embryos due to my age. Im relaxing today and will take a short walk later. I am taking the day off tomorrow and plan to be a little more active. Did your doctor tell you to move around the first day for circulation? Mine just told me to rest. This is going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life! Good luck to you both! I hope you see a BFP! When will you do your test? 
    KT
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KTB81 Congrats for being PUPO!!!! My doctor doesn’t tell me anything about post transfer do’s and dont’s. I’m doing IVF here in Japan btw. She just said do what I usually do. They are not into staying put, that’s for sure. Right after my transfer, my nurse didn’t even let me stay and lie down for even 5 minutes. Sending you sticky vibes.
  • Options
    KTB81KTB81 member
    Thank you! I am in the states and they had me get up seconds after the transfer. I didn’t get to lie down after either- that surprised me. They pulled me right up and told me to use the restroom. I guess the research says that lying down is not necessary. The other things they said were I was still at risk for ohss so no exercise besides walking and no lifting more than a milk jug. 
    Sending you sticky vibes as well!!! Please post an update if you get a BFP!!! :) 
  • Options
    @KTB81 thanks. If you want, you can join us on the July/August 2021 FET thread. We can update each other and almost a dozen other wonderful ladies in there. 
  • Options
    KTB81KTB81 member
    I’d love that! Thanks for the invite. I’ll go there today. Thank you! 
  • Options
    bkvs15bkvs15 member
    Thanks for the replies @KTB81 & @tinjp78 I hope that your 2ww is going good so far! I ended up being busy packing for our move, my doctor had me take it easy the first two days (I think that’s just because they had a bit of an issue getting the catheter in for the iui though) then I got back to light exercising. Keeping busy definitely helped along with not being left alone for to long or it’s all I would think about! I go in today to see how it went! Goodluck to you both and I hope your wait doesn’t feel to long!
  • Options
    KTB81KTB81 member
    Oh gosh- a move in the middle of all of this is a lot! You're a trooper! I am glad all is going well now. Good luck with your results today!!!
  • Options
    Hi there, how are you all doing?

I am starting IVF, and I find my mind panicking about all kinds of things. Do you think I should take time off while the 2ww?