Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 9/7

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 9/7

• @bows22 congratulations on your results and being off the bench!! That’s great news!!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: prep for FET

R/R: our boiler broke last week so we’ve had no hot water for almost a week now. Thankfully we have some insurance that covers most of the cost but I’m hoping we can get someone in soon to replace it. We’ve been showering and doing laundry at my parents house and it is such a hassle.

CS/Q: nope

TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Loading the player...
  • @shortstack930 thank you! The boiler situation sounds awful. I hope you can get someone in soon too! 
  • @bows22 yay for the good results!! Your weekend sounds very nice and yay for a short week!!

@shortstack930 oh no! That sounds awful! I’m so sorry! Hopefully you can find someone to fix it quickly!

Month/Cycle: 4/3AL

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: opk & bbt

R/R: not really sure where I’m fitting in here currently, so I guess I’ll stick with wto for now. I’m thinking I’m benched this cycle because of the medication I was on. If I already ovulated then I’m done. But I’m going to keep using opks and see if maybe it was an early false kinda surge, despite no actual positive. I’ve never had this happen so I don’t really know where it’s going to go and I’m feeling ready to cut my losses this cycle and just wait until next cycle. 

The weekend was really good!— who was asking for garden pictures? I think @hgsurvivor? Yeah it’s all weeds haha. But I took a pic of my mammoth pumpkin and I’ll see if I have earlier pictures. I’ll spoiler them. I picked 20-30 ears of corn, 2 pumpkins, 6 mini pumpkins, 2 not great tiny cabbages, a dozen tomatoes and 4 spaghetti squash. And theres still more. Anddddd I didn’t pick any potatoes.

CS/Q: I forgot to temp this morning ugh. But my chart looks like crap anyways. I had a couple drinks Sunday and I think that’s why my temp increased. Also I took it a little later than normal as well.

• @paytonpedro yeah it was me! Your garden is incredible! Such good bounty! We only have two small 4x4 beds. And all the rain from Ida and Henri and whoever the f*** else cracked ALL my tomatoes and figs too. So they’re just cesspools for bugs now. Ugh. I gotta go in and remove all the cracked ruined fruit and hopefully the green stuff will still be good. Not the figs though, it’s a young plant and I don’t think it will fruit again this season. 

@bows22 what great news! You totally deserve to celebrate those test results. So good the weekend was enjoyable! 

@shortstack930 ugh sorry to hear you’ve been without a boiler. Hopefully someone can get out to you soon! At least it’s good you’ve been able to go to your parents’ for showers and laundry and all. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: cm, cp, gonna get some OPKs

R/R: how did we get to September 7??? Just a couple months away from 2022???? I’m still processing all of 2020. Sitting here thinking of Halloween and then of course the holidays sneak up real fast after Halloween  my brain hurts trying to take it all in  

CS/Q: i don’t know where O is anymore. Usually it happens earlier than the “average” cd14, but there are zero signs  so at this point it feels like everything is topsy turvy. Told hubs maybe we should just start dtd eod this cycle and see what happens you know what he actually said? “I think I’m too old for that much sex.” (He’s 40) 🤦🏻‍♀️

Anniversary

• Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU:  vitamins, OPK

R/R: Not sure.

CS/Q: I'm super new to this. Was very surprised to see what I believe is peak LH surge yesterday and this morning which is only CD 6 & 7. A bit confused as to what it all really means. Normally have 34 day cycle but actual period only lasts about 3-4 days and has been like that as far as I can remember. Just tried to start tracking as the last few months have been unsuccessful. Was hoping to get more insight from those that maybe have had similar experience. I don't know if this possible early ovulation is my normal or just different now that I'm 34.
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: tracking CM & CP

R/R: I think O will be any day now, but this is all new to me as I have never TTGP before, and so I am just learning what normal is for me as far as CM & CP. I did see an article that compared the cervix to a penis and it helped a lot hahaha! I feel like I won't actually be able to know which day I ovulate unless I start tracking BBT or using OPKs, but I am easing into the process and trying to learn a little at a time.

CS/Q: is it possible to know which day ovulation occurred without BBT and/or OPKs?

• @paytonpedro I’m sorry that your body is messing with you! I hope you see another LH surge in the next couple of days. I’m also very impressed with your harvest haha!

@hgsurvivor lol @ YH. Can I use that excuse too?? 
  • @hgsurvivor ugh yes we got too much rain as well and it gave all my cucumbers and zucchini, along with other plants, blight. But thanks!! It was SO MUCH work but has really paid off!!
    Totally feel you on this year, well really the past two, flying by! Rolling my eyes at your husband lol. Isn’t it usually the other way around in a relationship? Although I feel like my h and yours would be on the same page… and mh is 8 years younger!

welcome @a_marie_d_ ! Cd 6-7 would be very early to ovulate in a 34 day cycle, meaning your luteal phase would be too long. Are you also tracking bbt? I would recommend trying next cycle of it doesn’t work this cycle!

@roseywannabe to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to know when you ovulate without opks and/or bbt. Opks then only predict ovulation might occur but do not confirm it actually has. Bbt confirms it has occurred. It is always a good idea to get to know your body before, or during, ttc! I think understanding your body makes the process as a whole much easier. 

@bows22 thank you!! It’s been hard work but is finally paying off!!

• lurking from TWW
    @a_marie_d_ Welcome! I agree with @paytonpedro that CD7 would be really early for a 34 day cycle. I’m not aware of your period length making a difference given that 3-4 days is still in the range of “normal”, but someone can correct me on that if they know more. Tracking bbt should help relieve some of your confusion though. You can also use the pinned opk thread to ask specific questions related to your opk’s or check out what others have asked.
    @roseywannabe I don’t believe you can easily confirm ovulation without at least bbt. You could use progesterone testing, but that’ll tell you it happened not necessarily when. If bbt and opk’s feel like more than you’re ready for you can always stick with monitoring CM and having frequent (every other day) unprotected sex.

• @a_marie_d_ welcome! I agree with others that cd7 seems very early for 34day cycle. Don’t you wish our bodies would just tell you loud and clear when shit happens? Lol

@roseywannabe i haven’t started bbt but I’ve gotten to know my cm very well (but not something I thought I’d casually say to stranger 😆) and I’ve learned that EWCM is very distinct and hard to miss for me, but of course without opks and bbt im just sitting around waiting for cm to change. First I had tk learn what the baseline was for my body. If that makes sense. Then I can tell when changes happen. But I don’t think it’s as easy to pinpoint O specifically without bbt or blood work (?maybe). If this cycle doesn’t work, next cycle start writing down (or on the app of course) every little detail so you get to know your body. 

@paytonpedro you would think it would be the other way around right? But it’s insane how many couples it’s actually the opposite. I always tease mh that how many guys would give anything for a wife with that sex drive. 😂 he’s just so ridiculous. Acting like it’s so demanding to have sex. Idiot. Lol 

@bows22 uh yeah you can use the excuse!!! Hahaha 
      Anniversary

• @hgsurvivor @pinkkillersheep @paytonpedro thanks for the advice!! I am learning so much about my body, i wish I'd learned earlier!